• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sandam

Major
47 Badges
Oct 19, 2008
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
another game, another leaderless retinue... im getting sick of this. im not geting siege control because my army clan leaders army is without leader... how come? shouldnt clan leader be leader of his retinue??? why i always end up with leaderless army... started Date game - leaderless, started Sagara game - leaderless...

i dont get it... you cant assign leader yourself, you cant be leader yourself, CPU doesnt give you leader...

the only way to get an army leader is to hire ronin, merge with retinue and rearrange into new army...

this is either a bug or stupid design decision..

nothing makes player more angry than giving no control of what is happening in game when common sense would suggest that it should be possible to do that..

why isnt my character highest in command of armies? why cant i choose who shall be leading this army?

there cant be army without a leader. its common sense.. so why sengoku is suggesting that it is normal to be running around with armed leaderless mob in time of war?...

sorry for my rage post...

Do you have multiple retinue units on the map? I have noticed that if I recruit more units while my leader is on the move that it spawns a unit outside of my personal retinue that does not have a leader. I figure this is because I am already leading the main retinue group, and the problem solves itself once I merge the units. If this is the case, I believe it is because my leader can only lead one army at a time. I apologize if this is not related to your issue.

Thanks for reporting!

Sandam: Please attach a save game, retinue units are not suppose to be leaderless.

The thing with multiple retinue units will be fixed in the upcoming patch, that was simply not suppose to happen.

Thanks for reporting!

Sandam: Please attach a save game, retinue units are not suppose to be leaderless.

The thing with multiple retinue units will be fixed in the upcoming patch, that was simply not suppose to happen.

sry but i dont have that save game. i saved just after rearranging my armies to have a leader.. :( then made a rage post :p and started chosokabe campaign which have overwritten my autosaves.. :(

i will upload savegame if i encounter it again. it might have something to do with leader dieing and his heir getting his retinue. maybe it removes leader character and doesnt add new leader as general? i never give lands to my heir. so maybe thats why...

I've run across the leaderless army bug in the most updated version of the game(purchased on Gamersgate and updated with patches there to version 1.4). Every time it was when i had a Ronin troop of mine attack a territory before my retinue or levied troops got there. Don't have any saves of it, i simply quit using the Ronin in that game and moved on.

I too just had the same bug. Just bought the game on GG and updated to 1.4 and using Monumenta Iaponiae Historica mod (MIH_ver.0_.67_.rar(07.06.2012)).

For me it was when my retinue was spawned in my home province while my ronin there were involved in it's defense. I ran a few more days and won the battle, then saved the game, reloaded, then had to select both armies and move the retinues back and forth between the two armies a couple of time until the correct leaders were showing on both units. Attaching the save so devs can take a looksie :)

Attachments

• Sakai1478_11_01.rar
    426,4 KB · Views: 64