+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade 2 Announced!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I hope Mount and Blade 2 optimizes the graphics to support really huge battles on giant maps. The battles in M&B are so much fun and I hope they go bigger in the next installment.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

This is great news, I loved With Fire and Sword. Here's hoping for a 14th Century Anatolia setting!
    I should go.

Continuation of Warband: Buy
    Shitty game like WFAS: Mehhhh

I'd be more than happy with just an upgraded engine. It'd be nice to see Paradox put TaleWorlds and Fatshark in a room, so they can bounce ideas off each other and really nail melee combat. War of the Roses looks like it's doing a lot of things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodex View Post
    I'd be more than happy with just an upgraded engine. It'd be nice to see Paradox put TaleWorlds and Fatshark in a room, so they can bounce ideas off each other and really nail melee combat. War of the Roses looks like it's doing a lot of things right.
    If they were to bounce ideas off of eachother it looks like it would sound like an echo chamber...the melee looks identical to Warband. Graphics, UI, customizability seemingly improved, but mechanics appear identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabadrin View Post
    If they were to bounce ideas off of eachother it looks like it would sound like an echo chamber...the melee looks identical to Warband. Graphics, UI, customizability seemingly improved, but mechanics appear identical.
    Exactly why they should be bouncing ideas off each other. They're both making similar games, but in the end there will be differences.

Lord of the Nazgul Paradox Dev Team The Witch-King's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hans View Post
    Continuation of Warband: Buy
    Shitty game like WFAS: Mehhhh
    WFAS was not developed by Taleworlds, so you can probably look forward to a "Buy".
    "Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    MagickaMajesty 2Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Historical settings are cool becouse of the theme and the immersion.

Fanstasy settings are cool becouse they allow for more options.

Whatever gets done, I would fall in love if they did a system of bannermen where you have vassals and have to raise troops (been playing alot of CKII and watching games of thrones). A more involved system around the characters and battles would be great. No matter what, I have a feeling that it will be a great game whatever their vision/design will be.

I somehow found a video called "Mount & Blade 2 Alpha footage", and assumed certain people around here might be interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZUfzAFL5Ek
    It seems I've developed a habit of posting halfway through writing. Chances are I'll edit it shortly thereafter

I hope they make battles huge and group coordination with buffs etc more important. It's nice when you get the feeling that unit cohesion matters like in the new napoleonic DLC. Thumbs up!
    Top 5 wish list:

1) Make DOWs and naval combats default pop-up messages. Add a separate air vs. naval bmbing pop-up message.
    2) Upgradable Soviet Guards (and elite MEC+ARM units)
    3) Limit GOI's
    4) Improve forts, engineer construction missions to get in line with the rest of the detail in the game.
    5) Dissent/threat hit for refusing trade of surplus resources when one/both of the parties are at peace to avoid resource starving pre-war strategies in MP.

Deus VultFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEUIV: Call to arms event

Thanks, ChienAboyeur.

I am bumping this as I do not feel too comfortable having kind of hijacked the other thread. I will have a look at the video as soon as I have a decent connection, next week. There may still be hope, though, as six months is not that long when talking about game development.
    For the Glory : Dawn of Kingdoms - A medieval tetralogy

There is nothing really exciting in this video, it looks almost like Warband. In any way graphics is not priority (it's always welcome though). I wait new and improved features, but here I have to wait for anounce.

What do you think about this article claiming that Mount & Blade 2 will be coming to consoles? Any truth in it do you think?
    http://www.squidoo.com/mount-and-blade-2

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I think they seem like gossip mongers. Pretty much like those ladies journals that speculate in which celebrity might be pregnant this week. If they are right they seem like prophets (and they won't let you forget it), if they are wrong they just start blathering about the next celebrity.

I think this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,238149.0.html TW thread summed it nicely with:
    "The footage doesn't, however, prove that Mount & Blade 2 is coming to consoles."
    "no one from Taleworlds has confirmed that Mount & Blade 2 will be coming to console"
    "this gaming company have had numerous oppourtunites to squash the rumour yet they continually say, "It's a possibility" "
    => proof that M&B2 will be on consoles.

Logic in action, a beautiful sight.

If you want a slightly more pro-console discussion over at TW you can go to this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=239012.0
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

this game would fail on consoles IMO as one of its strong points was modding community. all those mods made the game really great.

Deus VultFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEUIV: Call to arms event

There is still no official announcement from Taleworlds at all, tough, despite the thread's title, is there?

Unit Formations

I personally think the biggest improvement would be formations that mattered. I kept expecting them to improve this so spear men could actually stop a Calvary charge and bowmen would only be effective fire volleys together ect . I hate the whole mob feeling of every man for himself in the battles. Secondly, I would greatly expand the missions types. Take every single mod that adds new missions then try to come up with more ideas. Doing unit formations that mattered well would be worth buying another version.

Quote Originally Posted by Third Angel View Post
    Thanks, ChienAboyeur.

I am bumping this as I do not feel too comfortable having kind of hijacked the other thread. I will have a look at the video as soon as I have a decent connection, next week. There may still be hope, though, as six months is not that long when talking about game development.
    Another thing is they are going to release a pirates game set in the carribean seas. Which will involve naval warfare.

Warband is destined to accustom city ports and naval warfare. This was supposed to be included in Warband.

With the pirate game, they might gain more insight on the way how to do it properly. And the developpment of M&B2 may take that possibility into account, as they might want to learn more on how to do naval warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
    Another thing is they are going to release a pirates game set in the carribean seas. Which will involve naval warfare.
    You seem extremely well-informed, care to share your sources as Taleworlds' site does not say anything about that?

And the developpment of M&B2 may take that possibility into account, as they might want to learn more on how to do naval warfare.
    Sounds good, though if they do a pirates game, certainly this will also delay M&B2.

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    The Caribbean pirate game is being developed as a DLC by a Russian company if I'm not mistaken but there hasn't been any news for a long time.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast