• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope Mount and Blade 2 optimizes the graphics to support really huge battles on giant maps. The battles in M&B are so much fun and I hope they go bigger in the next installment.

I'd be more than happy with just an upgraded engine. It'd be nice to see Paradox put TaleWorlds and Fatshark in a room, so they can bounce ideas off each other and really nail melee combat. War of the Roses looks like it's doing a lot of things right.
If they were to bounce ideas off of eachother it looks like it would sound like an echo chamber...the melee looks identical to Warband. Graphics, UI, customizability seemingly improved, but mechanics appear identical.

If they were to bounce ideas off of eachother it looks like it would sound like an echo chamber...the melee looks identical to Warband. Graphics, UI, customizability seemingly improved, but mechanics appear identical.
Exactly why they should be bouncing ideas off each other. They're both making similar games, but in the end there will be differences.

Historical settings are cool becouse of the theme and the immersion.

Fanstasy settings are cool becouse they allow for more options.

Whatever gets done, I would fall in love if they did a system of bannermen where you have vassals and have to raise troops (been playing alot of CKII and watching games of thrones). A more involved system around the characters and battles would be great. No matter what, I have a feeling that it will be a great game whatever their vision/design will be.

I hope they make battles huge and group coordination with buffs etc more important. It's nice when you get the feeling that unit cohesion matters like in the new napoleonic DLC. Thumbs up!

Thanks, ChienAboyeur.

I am bumping this as I do not feel too comfortable having kind of hijacked the other thread. I will have a look at the video as soon as I have a decent connection, next week. There may still be hope, though, as six months is not that long when talking about game development.

There is nothing really exciting in this video, it looks almost like Warband. In any way graphics is not priority (it's always welcome though). I wait new and improved features, but here I have to wait for anounce.

I think they seem like gossip mongers. Pretty much like those ladies journals that speculate in which celebrity might be pregnant this week. If they are right they seem like prophets (and they won't let you forget it), if they are wrong they just start blathering about the next celebrity.

I think this http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,238149.0.html TW thread summed it nicely with:
"The footage doesn't, however, prove that Mount & Blade 2 is coming to consoles."
"no one from Taleworlds has confirmed that Mount & Blade 2 will be coming to console"
"this gaming company have had numerous oppourtunites to squash the rumour yet they continually say, "It's a possibility" "
=> proof that M&B2 will be on consoles.

Logic in action, a beautiful sight.

If you want a slightly more pro-console discussion over at TW you can go to this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=239012.0

Unit Formations

I personally think the biggest improvement would be formations that mattered. I kept expecting them to improve this so spear men could actually stop a Calvary charge and bowmen would only be effective fire volleys together ect . I hate the whole mob feeling of every man for himself in the battles. Secondly, I would greatly expand the missions types. Take every single mod that adds new missions then try to come up with more ideas. Doing unit formations that mattered well would be worth buying another version.

Thanks, ChienAboyeur.

I am bumping this as I do not feel too comfortable having kind of hijacked the other thread. I will have a look at the video as soon as I have a decent connection, next week. There may still be hope, though, as six months is not that long when talking about game development.

Another thing is they are going to release a pirates game set in the carribean seas. Which will involve naval warfare.

Warband is destined to accustom city ports and naval warfare. This was supposed to be included in Warband.

With the pirate game, they might gain more insight on the way how to do it properly. And the developpment of M&B2 may take that possibility into account, as they might want to learn more on how to do naval warfare.

Another thing is they are going to release a pirates game set in the carribean seas. Which will involve naval warfare.
You seem extremely well-informed, care to share your sources as Taleworlds' site does not say anything about that?

And the developpment of M&B2 may take that possibility into account, as they might want to learn more on how to do naval warfare.
Sounds good, though if they do a pirates game, certainly this will also delay M&B2. :(

The Caribbean pirate game is being developed as a DLC by a Russian company if I'm not mistaken but there hasn't been any news for a long time.