+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 12 minutes of ingame video from Wargamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    You can play as them, but there is no view as there's only 2 of them.
    Do you mean 2 at the start, or 2 total in the game? Because I remember it being mentioned that there would be 4 Emperor-titles in the game, with obviously the HRE and Byzantines being two.

Sergeant
    Rome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Helios Ra View Post
    Do you mean 2 at the start, or 2 total in the game? Because I remember it being mentioned that there would be 4 Emperor-titles in the game, with obviously the HRE and Byzantines being two.
    I think the other two were muslims. Probably the most important Sunni & Shia rulers(Caliphs?), kinda like how the HRE and Byzantium were for catholics & orthodox.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I think the other two were muslims. Probably the most important Sunni & Shia rulers(Caliphs?), kinda like how the HRE and Byzantium were for catholics & orthodox.
    Exactly. With only two playable Emperor-tier titles in-game a special Emperor-tier selection widget makes little sense. If you want an Emperor you just click the damn map.

This may be an issue with the playable Muslims DLC, especially if there're also pagan DLCs that involve the creation of one or more pagan Imperial-tier titles, but until then...

Nick

Hm, along the lines of the HRE discussion, I wonder how the new system will affect the Duke of Bohemia declaring himself a king as inevitably happened in CK1. Will he remain a vassal until he formally declares independence (seems most likely), will it set off an event chain between him and the emperor, or what?

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    LegioLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Is it so wrong to assassinate your first-born son because he has no heirs? The Kingdom of France must live on!

Oooh, a Custom User Title? Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by JaguarUSF View Post
    Is it so wrong to assassinate your first-born son because he has no heirs? The Kingdom of France must live on!
    Y'know, I think Dwarf Fortress and Crusader Kings have a lot in common.
    They both make the players into devious bastards.
    Yes, it is wrong, but a good CK player will do anyway, for the good of the dynasty!
    I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing
    Cogito Ergo Sum

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I watch this about once a day. Loving how the game is turning out!

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    LegioLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldStarvoidVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I just figured out you can buy upgrades in all the cities, castles, or temples you control. There goes all my extra money!
    http://twitpic.com/6zt6kc/full
    Last edited by JaguarUSF; 14-10-2011 at 13:03. Reason: Added link to full resolution image

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by JaguarUSF View Post
    Ofcourse not. If he can't sire a son, he's clearly not fit to rule an entire nation!

(Excommunicating might be a less bloody way ofcourse, but then you damn his soul to an eternity in hell, take a pick :P)
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

Back from the dead! corporateslave's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisHoi 2 Beta500k club

Hrm, it appears that I should have paid more attention to the development of this game. Watching this video simply blew me away! DO WANT!!!

PS: The artwork and music are both amazing, you've really outdone yourselves. Absolutely love the medieval stained glass window look on some of the icons and headers.
    Last edited by corporateslave; 15-10-2011 at 00:17.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Contestants can be sorted by a statistic, and choosing a bride that compliments your stats is a good strategy: for example, if you excel in diplomacy but lack technological skill, pick a wife that has high technology ratings.
    I pick wives of my primary family based on culture! :P Cousins and other blood relatives in my court, based on traits.. The last thing I want is a stresssed out Queen/Part-time Chancellor/Sometimes Court Jester who wont have time or be too stressed to breed me heirs!

(I always rest my stressed out courtiers from court duties when their sick/injured/any of those medical concerns, they 'tend' -maybe it's just me- faster. And meanwhile replace them with the next best courtier.)
    /MCMLXXXIX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7