+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 minutes of ingame video from Wargamer!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by euphorist View Post
    I don't think you can do that. The 'send' option is greyed out.
    I do hope that you will be able to do that, but only in some circumstances, like if you have a really bad relation with your son. (which will not improve by degrading him to a mayor)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope View Post
    Eventually you'll have events in your event driven game, right?

At the moment it's looking as dull and lifeless as Sengoku.
    The preview only covered two years of game time and we did see an event - the player's unlanded eldest son asking for some land.

It also looks like the plot system has a lot of room to create interesting gameplay that isn't event-driven.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Looks great as always. One little thing: the tester's machine gets bogged down around 6:20 in the video. I'm concerned that my aging machine will similarly struggle. Anything I can do to remove excess computation would be appreciated. To that end, will we be able to turn off the fancy fog? I'd rather have my aging video card displaying a higher resolution than wasting computation time rendering clouds that don't add much value.

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of Nations500k club

Will Balkan geography get some love before release?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

I can't believe how polished this game is already looking. That whole bit with the main title screen showing the map of Europe, which then pans in when selecting a starting date -- very impressive. Paradox games have always had a history of being... wonderfully complex, but with a "spartan" graphical interface. CKII seems groundbreaking in this regard.
    Alaska: Like Finland, but with less death metal and a lot more Republicans

King: "As Vic2 development came close to completion we have to think about what the hell will we do next? We picked CK2 after Doomdark had a vision of the Little Baby Jesus and he was crying because there was no CK2."

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

The music is simply breathtaking! The last part of the video almost made me cry... Exceptional!!!!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Galle View Post
    two years of game time and we did see an event
    "an", as in "one"? Be still my giddy heart.
    Sola Virtus Invicta

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

While I resent the tone I sort of agree. Thankfully, I believe there are several months worth of event-building left. Events are awesome, make many Paradox! =D
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Events are also something that modders can fit in pretty easily, especially since we know enough about this engine now to jump right into the action!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    after watching the vid he clicked on a start date of stamford bridge but surely when he then clicks on full nations england should be saxon+ when he clicks on kings it seems that ireland owns parts of scotland, wales, brittany and england but in independent nations ireland is split into proviences can someone please explain why this is
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

"'Twas better to die 'neath an Irish sky than at Suvla or Sud-El-Bar"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    ive also noticed the same in spain but that seems more logical as to my knowlidge the HRE had ownership of spain(couldnt find right word so used ownership)
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

"'Twas better to die 'neath an Irish sky than at Suvla or Sud-El-Bar"

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    after watching the vid he clicked on a start date of stamford bridge but surely when he then clicks on full nations england should be saxon+ when he clicks on kings it seems that ireland owns parts of scotland, wales, brittany and england but in independent nations ireland is split into proviences can someone please explain why this is
    I'm Positively sure that Ireland dosn't own anything in either of those areas. I think it might be divided into: Kingdoms already formed, Dukedoms, and counties, because when he click on the second picture, you can clearly see western scotland going blue (which i assume is the dukedome of the isles), much of Germany gets coloured as well, as well as most of byzantium, and so on. Not entirely sure, but that's my best guess.

Oh and Lynchy, HRE had no ownership of Spain
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    So theres different background noise depending on which screen you are looking at. Nice touch, but I don't think I will be spending much time looking at the research screen
    ..Yeah, tone down such noises, Paradox. They're not kind to the ears. It at least doesn't need to be constant for the whole time the window's open.. @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    Heh Nuril, it looks like they made Smålad pagan again on account of there being no playable duchies or counties in southern Sweden at the Stamford bridge start
    Let's hope that's the correct interpretation of the map-modes, yeah!

And then hope the new "DLC system"-plan won't mean it's designed to disallow enabling non-Christians in order to make the DLC to enable them "required". Obviously releasing something with mechanics directed to make "Pagans"/Muslims more unique would be desirable on it's own without such an artificial crutch (especially since it's always "Muslims" that are the example, so there's also the issue of being a non-priority for such content in the first place).

What is the difference between choosing Marriage, Matrilineal Marriage, and Betrothal? Different effects?

The first one, you male keeps his name. The second one, the male takes the female name. The third one is a semi-marriage, soon to be marriage?

The map looks stunning as do the character portraits. I saw lots of variety in the portraits without the ridiculously large noses and chins that were so common in CK1.

Can't wait to pre-order.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

A betrothal is a pledge to marry somebody. It is the way to arrange marriages for children before they are of age.

Also making the heir the mayor of a city excludes him from succession (11:33). Hmmm. So the heir needs his own castle? Or maybe being a mere baron is below the station of a duke's heir?
    Last edited by Subcomandante; 10-10-2011 at 22:57.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k club

The link to wikipedia page of the character we're seeing is awesome

Do you really want to be spammed with multiple events per year? No thanks.
    Events should be the spice on top of the gameplay, not the focus. Too many and the game becomes a random mess.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The available decisions are also neat:

Invite holy man to court.
    Invite noble to court.
    Present débuntante.

I wonder what the last one is. Maybe this creates a brand new female courtier? (In case you have need of one)

It also seems you cannot place women into advisory positions anymore except as chancellor if you pass the law. Wives add half their attributes to the ruler. So victory by simply shopping for the best female steward in the known world is not as effective anymore. Other traits might be more important now. Like whether she likes the ruler or not.
    Last edited by Subcomandante; 10-10-2011 at 23:16.

Oh my sweet Jesus, watching that video in HD made me almos horn...
    Weeeell, looking forward so much to the summer of 2012 when I get to play with this (and hopefullt force my friends to join in a Byzantie intrigue based MP-game).

Speaking of the Byzantines, is it only me or does it seem like it's currently not possible to start as an empire?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast