+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 minutes of ingame video from Wargamer!

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

12 minutes of ingame video from Wargamer!

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

First! Now back on topic. Game looks sweet! Must have! Will eliminate all opposition to have game.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Jesus the main menu screen and single player selection screen look awesome. I love it how you can see all the kingdoms, dukes or counts with the click of a button. Awesome paradox. Just awesome.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Keeps getting better and better! Can't wait to play it...

btw my concerns regarding the map which i had after the first screens were released are blown away

I might be wrong, but I did not notice an indication when inviting someone to a plot on whether they are likely to join or not (as has been added to Sengoku). Are we looking at adding this in?

Quote Originally Posted by Gottskalk View Post
    Jesus the main menu screen and single player selection screen look awesome. I love it how you can see all the kingdoms, dukes or counts with the click of a button. Awesome paradox. Just awesome.
    Agreed. Definitely a very nice addition.
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Provinces in Poland fixed - great! There are still some weird bits, like southern Pomerania belonging to Brandenburg province (which would make more sense in EU3 period), or Silesia and Lubusz being too far from Oder river, but overall - good improvement.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Looks great but I sure hope that appointing your son mayor resulting in him being left out of the succession will be fixed since that will turn into an exploit quite quickly.

Sergeant
    Rome Gold

Damn why did he have to use such a big screen resolution, I need a magnifying glass to see anything on my 15" monitor...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What? You even made wikipedia links? This game could become an educational tool! Just like that, I also saw "du jure realm", or something like that, as a map mode. Is it some kind of legitimity map? What does it depict?

edit: Also, the war music (and the others) is really good. But the player shouldn't have declared war to a powerful neighbor. That would have cost him 0 prestige, but by accepting he is being totally beaten. I think the cost in prestige of a war say something about its difficulty...
    Last edited by Frederic III; 10-10-2011 at 15:29.
    Mes AARs:
    CK: (mort à cause d'imageshack)
    EU3 NA IN: In nomine imperia(interrompu pour un temps indéfini)
    Commerce, guerre et colonies, l'Archiduché d'Autriche (1483-1540)
    CK2 : --à venir éventuellement--

« [...] Nous ne sommes pas les derniers colonisés de la terre, mais les premiers affranchis du vieux monde des États-nation. »
    « [...] We are not the last colonized of the Earth, but the first emancipated from the old world of nation-states.»
    -Pierre Elliott Trudeau, 20 mai 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tywin View Post
    Looks great but I sure hope that appointing your son mayor resulting in him being left out of the succession will be fixed since that will turn into an exploit quite quickly.
    I don't think you can do that. The 'send' option is greyed out.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So theres different background noise depending on which screen you are looking at. Nice touch, but I don't think I will be spending much time looking at the research screen

Sounds like mr Waldetoft did a great job again, he only gets better and better, CK 1 was his first game, was it not?

Edit

Heh Nuril, it looks like they made Smålad pagan again on account of there being no playable duchies or counties in southern Sweden at the Stamford bridge start
    Last edited by Meanmanturbo; 10-10-2011 at 15:47.
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

I'm disappointed that you have chosen to use the new crappy message system from Sengoku. I'd much prefer the old event log in the bottom of the screen.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by InboxMadness View Post
    I'm disappointed that you have chosen to use the new crappy message system from Sengoku. I'd much prefer the old event log in the bottom of the screen.
    agree

but for the rest:

*drool*

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband500k club

I quite liked the video, but in the image of the area of ​​the Moscow the rivers seems like country borders, and is a bit confusing. The rest of the game seems flawless.

P.S.: I also didn't like the message system

So much info. Really interesting.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Don't really get it why in Finland there is Tavastians and Käkisalmians when other areas have been named without any reference to the people living there. Like Savo isn't Savonians. Why aren't they just Tavastia ja Käkisalmi?

Looks amazing! Though i was dissapointed when i heard that some sound effects were the same as in Rome.

Game Director Paradox Dev Team Doomdark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zonkie View Post
    Looks amazing! Though i was dissapointed when i heard that some sound effects were the same as in Rome.
    They are not in the current version.
    Henrik Fåhraeus

Abusus non tollit usum

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great to see the game in motion! Thanks to the devs for directing our attention to the site!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Eventually you'll have events in your event driven game, right?

At the moment it's looking as dull and lifeless as Sengoku.
    Sola Virtus Invicta

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast