• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GooSquirrel

Emperor of Lykos
104 Badges
Aug 6, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Most of this will be in the perspective of the Clan leader of the Miura if you are curious. I only just started this one game so I will continue to add more as I go on. most likely I will post every few days with their progress to the most powerful clan in Japan. Each post will be about an era of the clan's history, starting as its begining of the south east branch of the Amago dynasty.

Entry #1: From Kokujin to Daimyo

April 9, 1551

The sun rises on a seemingly normal day in the lans of the Amago clan. The Kokujin of Totomi, Amago Sanehisa looks over his small army being trained in preparation for an attack on the Urakami to the south. A few days ago the leader of Amago sent a message telling that they(the Amago clan) were now at war with the Mori, Ouchi, and Urakami clans. Recently, I had begun loosing faith in the leader of the clan,Amago Haruhime. The reason for this is that he has attempted to stop my power from growing within the clan and Japan as a whole. He also has made some questionable choices lately. I had attempted to get the support of the other Kokujin and Daimyo of the Amago to become the next leader. That failed miserably as I am just a Kokujin. I sent a request to become the Daimyo of Mimasaka(?) as I had recently conquered the Urakami part of the province. Soon I will march to the border with my retinue of Samurai to guard it from incursions to the south from the Urakami.

June 1st, 1551

A few skirmishes have occured between my army and some levys of the Urakami since the start of the war but not much. The news from the Western front is that the war is in a stalemate. neither side is gaining much ground but the Mori have been almost eliminated already. Today, an emmisary of the Leader, Amago Haruhime, arrived. He carried a message that confirmed that I was to be the new Daimyo of Mimasaka. With this new power, I will have more influence in the clan. Hopefully, the Kokujin of Amago will now support me.

three entries in here. the reason is that I need to catch up with that games history.

Entry #2: Rising Tensions in Amago

Feb. 14, 1552

The Amago leader has placed his southern vassals under my control so he could focus on the war and the northern part of our Clan. That was a stupid move. Now that I technically control this part of Southern Honshu, I can continue to increase in power. But The leader is getting more and more unreliable. The war is going bad. if it doesn't get better, soon the Amago territories will fall to the Ouchi. I have called for my vassals to come to a meeting to discuss what we will do if things get out of hand. One Idea I have thought of recently is to break of from the Amago to create our own clan. But if the war starts going well, we will stay in the clan, and I will attempt to usurp the clan leadership for my branch of the Amago.

Entry #3: Rebellion!

October, 1553

The Leader has gone too far. He has attempted to take back my title as Daimyo. This shows that he has lost his mind. Under my supervision the Southern Amago have prospered these last few years. We do not wish to start a civil war, as the northern branch of the family have tainted its name. We(the southern kokajin) will suceed from the clan and form our own. We are already making preparations. Next year in January, we will seceed from them and muster our armys for the Amago's garenteed attack. Me and my vassals have decided the new clan name will be Miura as well. I will not likely be able to write more until after the war.

Entry #4: The war

January 24, 1558

This is a quick entry as I must prepare for an assault on one of the final Amago Castle-towns. The war is almost over. We have nearly won. The Amago defenses have fallen apart at our onslaught. We have been able to take most of their territory, leaving them with only a few provinces. Our new clan, the Miura, is better than the old Amago. After the war is over, we will reorganize the territory into Miura controlled Kokujin and Daimyo positions. We will not let any foreign clans, though technically part of our clan anyway, will not have any power in the clan. But that is for later. I have been involved heavily in this conflict, and we have yet to loose a battle. The Amago are all but dead. The Ouchi, URakami and other smaller clans have helped our struggle with reinforcements. That was greatly apreciated but wasn't needed. In the name of Miura, I, Miura Sanehisa, will destroy the Amago for all the evil they have done and will unite Japan under my or my decendents rule as the next Shogun! This is my goal for the newly independent Miura, and it will be so. I have renounced my Amago heritage and all of my family have been renamed Miura for the new clan. The battle is about to begin. I must finish my preparations. This will likely be my last entry until things settle down, as well. But one last thing, I write this so that in the future, Miura clan members can learn about the rise of our clan to dominance!

Really? I always thought I wasn't a good writer...

I'll try that next time I get on the game but I sill need some more to catch up but not much has happened after the war except the Urakami have fallen to the remnant of the Amago and the Mastuda. really all that happened is the reorganization of my vassals to my direct family members. most of which are underage, because they wold be easier to control.

sengokumap1.jpg

sengoku2.jpg

sengoku3.jpg

sengoku4.jpg

Information about AAR: I've decided that I will make the Entry part of each post will be a different color than the rest to set it off. I've also caught up to my game, so from now on I will post when something interesting happens or after at least a few days if nothing happens anyway. that is all. On to the AAR!

Entry #5: The End of the War
July 5, 1559

Today, the Miura clan will celebrate. We are celebrating because the Evil Amago have been forced into capitulation by our mighty armies. While seiging their last castle-town, The Amago sent out an emissary to tell us that they are willing to discuss peace terms if we lift the seige. To show a sign of their good will in this offer, their emissary brought with him, as a gift to me and my family, a small mountain of money. The gold should be able to finance us building new buildings throughout our domain. I accepted their demands to lift the seige and talk about what our peace terms would be, but only on the condition that my personal retinue could stay with me, to prevent any attempts on my life. After the talks are over, I will write own the terms in this journal, along with any new developments.

Entry #6: Reorganizing the Clan
July 10, 1559

The final terms agreed upon are as such: The Amago would send one of their ruling family's children to live with our clan as a hostage until further notice. We agreed not to attack them again until we return the hostage. The Clan has also decided on what our clan seal would be. It is drawn below this paragraph. I have also learned that my heir has come of age since I left to fight the war. His name is Miura Fusasada. When I return to court I will appoint him as Daimyo of Hoki and give him territory north of my own. across the mountains. I also learned that many of our vassals have been getting ambitions during my absence. To rectify this, I will take away any territory not belonging to a Miura family member. They will be allowed to live, but instead I will appoint family members as the new Kokujin of our territories. We will also appoint two daimyos, including my son, to assign any remaining vassals who are from foriegn clans under our control under them, increasing my families own power while still diminshing their(those from other clans) importance in the court.

clanseal.jpg

The Seal of Miura

sengoku5.jpg

My son and Heir, Fusasada

Entry #7: The Clan is Thriving
May 10, 1561

Since the end of the war, we have been at peace. Many new public buildings have built, and towns, villages, and castles have been improved and are being improved as of my writing this entry. But I am not sure how long this prosperity will last. We have caught ninja trying to destroy guild territories and know where they have come from, the Yamana and Matsuda clans. The Urakami have fallen to the Matsuda and other clans, eliminating one rival but strengthening others. We must expand before there is no possibilities to expand anymore. Meanwhile, I have begun to plan against the Ouchi clan as they are becoming much too powerful. We will attempt to get other clans to join us so they will fall quicker than if we went after them alone. Meanwhile. I have realized that I am getting old as I am already 54 years old. Soon my son Fusasada must take the helm of the clan, as well as continue this journal further into our future, no matter what it holds. I have tried to get him to want the same goals that I have tried to acheive but will not likely get the chance to. As this may be my final entry, I will write down information about me and my family and draw a picture of myself so my decendents will know me. That is all for now, as I must convene my war council to figure out where to expand our territory.

sengoku6.jpg

Miura(Amago) Sanehisa

I'm not sure if I have said this before, but I would like people to comment on my writing and maybe even suggestions on how to proceed in the game within every post from this I will also post a current map of the game as of my typing. I will try to read al the comments and suggestions on how to continue the game.

sengoku7.jpg

can't comment on the game as I don't have it, but the writing is clear, easy to follow and a good mix (now) of images and text. You might want to look at something like paint.net (which is free, essentially just an upgrade of the basic MS paint) for editing the images and adding text though

Entry #8: Conquest of Aki and Bingo

This is Miura Fusasada, Son of Miura Sanehisa. I inherited his position as Clan leader after his death during the final battle of the Conquest of Aki and Bingo. He was in the midst of the fight and only a whole squad of enemy samurai could take him down. The sight of our Clan leader fighting to his death inspired the rest of the Ashigaru Levies and Samurai to fight even harder than normal to avenge him and be as brave as he was. after the war was over and the leaders and families of the Mori and Wachi killed so they could not attempt to reunite their Clans again, I took control of the Clan and assigned the new territories to either new vassals or older ones in need of more territories. I kept my Father's court intact, as they were great at their jobs. With the Aki and Bingo provinces under our control, I was named Daimyo of Aki and Bungo. I then gave the title of Daimyo of Bungo to one of my sons, who was a Kokajin.

courtmiura.jpg

waroversengoku.jpg

We have been improving our territories with better castles and buildings and Guild halls. My father's retinue was killed in the final battle as they were the first to storm the fortifications of the castle town under seige. Thus we have started training a new retinue for me, the majority of which are Samurai Infantry and gunpowder-using Samurai. once they are trained, they will be an invincible fighting force.

retinumiura.jpg

Japan is also in turmoil in another way. Christianity has arrived with gunpowder weapons, and is spreading surprisingly fast. The majority of japan doesn't have one religion dominant, as each province has a mix of them and most don't have an official one or one that has a clear majority. As of the Moment, Bhudisim is the dominant religion, but Christianity is gaining popularity with the masses. The Miura clan doesn't really perscribe to a certain religion, but at the moment, the majority is Bhuddist.

religionjapan.jpg

We continue to plot against the Yamana Clan, as they continue to send Ninja to cause unrest in our Clan. We wil soon move to absorb more nearby clans to unite the region under our Clan, through conquest and Diplomacy. Next we wil move against Mimura and Matsuda. Then we will go after the remaining Amago provinces, as until they are gone, we cannot be sure of our supremecy in the region, as they will likely plot against us with the other smaller clans.

mapjapan1563.jpg

This is very well written! Am trying to get my game going but is stuck in diplomatic map mode.
PS. My Wife is from Okinawa.

Thank you! Sorry for the lack of updates, I lost interest in the game fora bit and then crusader kings 2 came out... then even more new games... etc. I'll say that I might not be doing more updates for a while longer, but will try to get back into Sengoku, I want to play this game to its end. I played some more of that save but I want to go back to the point where this AAR left off.

That is ok I can wait trying to finish EUIII IN game so can install HttT.