This mod is mainly focused on making the game more interesting.
You might like this mod if you:
* Imagine all the little things that happen when you do various things in-game
* Write AARs in which the actions and thoughts of individuals are described
* Plan to convert your game to Victoria II
* Make crazy countries with mish-mashes of things that normally don't go together, like glorifying princesses, having the New Model Army, having standardized exams for bureaurats, and vilifying your enemies with an hour of hate - all at the same time!
* Think the game is too deterministic and want a bit more randomness
* Want a bit of flavor to go with Junuxx's Savegame Viwer and Randomizer
Feedback is welcome, especially about balance, suggestions, and AI improvements.
DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION
This mod does not change the map, history files, or any countries - it only references continents. Therefore, this mod should be compatible with a save file made from something such as Junuxx's Savegame Viwer and Randomizer
Version 0.0.8.0: Alien Space Bats 0.0.8.zip
NihilCredo's Liege Rescues Subject mod
piponeillungo82's Auto Building Mod (Silent)
Random flavor events, some helpful and some bad.
More CBs, mostly for the purpose of starting wars without losing stability. These new CBs will not help your infamy very much.
* War is Fun: Focused on annexing, does not help the war score costs at all. The AI does use this CB - something to watch for if you want to wage wars of containment.
* Show of Might: Focused on concession of defeat and annulling treaties.
* Containment: This CB can be used on countries whose badboys are at half their limit or more. It is focused on breaking apart the target country.
Changing cultures in provinces through a variety of provincial decisions, all of which have their own great requirements and costs. Once these decisions are made, you must wait for an event to change the culture. These decisions are guaranteed to start massive revolts!
* Cultural Breeding: So simple that even nomads can do it, but it requires colonists, diplomats, and magistrates.
* Cultural Preaching: Costs missionaries and magistrates, and requires that the province is of your religion.
* Cultural Bribing: Costs merchants, magistrates, and a chunk of money.
* Cultural Re-Education: Costs spies, diplomats, and magistrates.
More sliders, with all forms of government being able to change policies 25% faster to compensate, and random events that change them as well
* Warrior vs. Ideal: Why start wars?
* Beauty vs. Practical: How are things designed?
* Individual vs. Collective: Why do a good job for anything?
* Heroism vs. Planning: What is the military attitude?
* Expensive vs. Cheap: What are the habits of consumers?
* Saving vs. Welfare: This should be self-explanatory.
Decisions based on sliders both old and new. Some of them also add modifiers - and repealing them can be just as dangerous as enacting them. There are also a few random events caused by the new modifiers. Be aware that some modifiers do not work well together and will cause problems with each other within a year.
Smallpox system: As if the Native Americans didn't have enough things to worry about! As soon as any old-worlder discovers an American province, the process by which whole civilizations are decimated will be set into motion. Old-worlders may get occasional outbreaks of smallpox as well, and an AI country with bad sliders may find that 1 in 7 peasants are killed. Currently this will decimate natives so badly that all their provinces may be reduced to colonies - it will be re-balanced in combination with some new map mod.
Dysentery: If a siege lasts too long, or if there is too much infantry invested in a siege, then nasty things will happen.
Inbreeding: Now you can get truly historical results while playing as Austria! For the first generation or two it seems to work well for forming alliances, but the problems quickly start setting in afterwards.
New tech system: Now, the main purpose of westernization is to get better unit types.
- More crazy features
- More decisions and events
- Random events for various combinations (modifiers, governments, national ideas, other subsystems)
- AI adjustments for decisions and events
VERY DISTANT PLANNED FEATURES
- Packaging together with a big map-changing mod (prerequisite for the other very distant planned features)
- Malaria system to discourage non-Africans from colonizing the heartland of Africa
- No more tech groups. Instead, the tech scale will be greatly expanded, and bonuses to various types of technology are gained by trading in and/or being leading producer in certain goods.
- Seasons, complete with respecting the difference between northern, equatorial, and southern regions. This way the seasonal levy system can be fleshed out more, amongst other possibilities.
- Countries have different starting values on the new sliders, and start with historical modifiers, e.g. England starts with the Law of Readiness and the Ottomans start with a Military Social Class.
WILL DO ON REQUEST
- Packaging with other mods (would make sure to get permission first)
* Austria: Being a good test subject for a lot of the features
* Creek: Being a native american nation with an easily-accessible coastline
* England: Being an interesting test subject, especially for half of the culture change system
* ewphoenix123: Changes to the Liege Rescues Subject mod
* Kongo: Being a good hands-off and isolated country
* NihilCredo: Liege Rescues Subject mod
* piponeillungo82: Auto Building Mod (Silent)
* Teutonic Order: Being useful for early testing, especially for half of the culture change system
* WeissRaben: Suggestions
* New tech system
* Some new decisions
* A few fixes
* Improvements to the inbreeding system
* New event when a regency council begins
* Inbreeding system
* A few events had their IDs changed to fit into the master event ID list.
* The smallpox system is greatly improved
* Plague and smallpox can kill rulers
* Dysentery, which will make it painful to maintain sieges for more than a year or two
* Great rulers (skill 8 or 9) can change some sliders at a cost of 2 stability for each change. Less-competent rulers (skill 3 or 4) can change a few sliders strictly for the worse in order to regain stability.
* Fixes and balances
NOTE: This version is not compatible with previous ones due to the smallpox system.
* Smallpox, as if being a Native American was not difficult enough in this game.
* piponeillungo82's Auto Building Mod (Silent)
* New decision + random events set: Licensed Midwives
* New decision: Cleanliness Standards, makes plague go away more quickly
* Events for conflicting modifiers
* NihilCredo's Liege Rescues Subject mod
* Random events for the Marshall System and the Volunteer Military
* Rare random events with no requirements
* Fixes and balances
* A few random events depending on the new country modifiers
* Ming factions have opinions regarding the new sliders
* Marshall System: maintenance costs are higher, but more superior officers (no random events yet)
* Volunteer Military: hurts manpower and forcelimits, but powerful (no random events yet)
* Fixes and balances
* Some decisions (a few of which add country modifiers) when sliders are maxed in certain directions
* Policy change speed improved by 25%
* Fixes and balances
* Revamp of the culture change decisions
* MTTH increased for events that change the new sliders
* A few bugfixes
* Culture change decisions are now cheaper for accepted cultures (same as for cultures in the same group). The rebels spawned by the decisions are now always nationalist rebels.
* Slider change events for all the new sliders are done.
* Some random events that affect the new sliders. Need feedback on whether the mean time to happen is high enough that you don't get swarmed by events