• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DOTA game mode

A mod where it would act like dota with two teams of wizards, creeps and towers. The classes are already in there as you just chose a different wizard when joining the game. And items would be replaced with spell books. The only real problem is how to make towers in the mode.

I actually read from page 1 to page 4.

Now I need to take a shit.

But before I go, I'd say you have a lot of ideas... A LOT OF IDEAS.

If they get this guy on the team in any way, they'll have so much DLC avaliable to this game that it'll be enough to make HoN/LoL (Heroes of Newerth/League of Legends) jealous of Magicka for rehashing ideas.

Fire Conjurer

I've been playing heaps of skyrim so I thought of this character since I am a fire based mage.
Staff that summons flame Archon with middle click and weapon is dual firebolt (or Kamehameha [from dragon ball z] as I like to call it) which fires a fireball that does fire damage and causes burning.

:) here's a nice game mode for you.

Minion mode
[ ]Game mode is for 2 3 or 4 players,

[ ]Rules, each player spawns with a minion, and gains an new minion for every kill of a player or enemy's Minion. The first player to acumulate the target number of Minions wins.

[ ]Kill streaks will give you a Minion spawn multiplyer up to a cap of 5x bonus spanwns per player kill (only player kills). the Multiplyer is reset on death of a player.

[ ]Minions will count as a +1 minion to your total for every kill, your minions are immune to team damage.

[ ]Minion cap can be raised between 10 and 100, all minions will be random goblins or orcs. Key to winning is protecting minions so keeping them healthy.

[ ]Minions for every 10 seconds your Minion lives they gain a level, (up to lv5) the longer they live faster they move and more HP they have. Minion's damage will remain unchanged

[ ]No Magicks will spawn only swords guns and staffs.

I even have an idea or two to share.

Maze Race:

Wizards go at each other in a battle of speed and agility, blasting through all of the hazards and monsters that await them in the depths.

No magicks (Sorry, no hasting through this one)
A small map that would be two simple lines, how far you are in the maze next to a line that shows how far in the maze your friend(s) are into the maze.
Randomly Generated Mazes to make it stay fresh(er) then simply generating maps.

Hot Goblin:

Use your power of air to blow a goblin around towards your friends, passing the suicide bomb back and fourth, no spells or off-hand weapons/staff use effects.
Keep passing the goblin around until he eventually explodes, he'll blow up on the last person who successfully hit the goblin with air.

Freeze Tag - to the eXTREME!(Idea is Work in Progress as far as guidelines go):

Simply a run around game, whoever is it would have to be capable of freezing their opponents, those who aren't it would have to run away from whoever is "it" in order stay in the game, other non-it players would be allowed to remove freeze from players who were unfortunate enough to be frozen. While frozen, you would not be allowed to simply cast fire on yourself to remove or place fire immunity upon yourself. Whoever is it will not be allowed to use rock + water/frost to make tagging easier, but they will be allowed to use beam combinations in order to make it more fair, just as non-it players may be allowed to use Haste to make it more balanced.

Note: Freeze would stay on the entire match until removed or until game is over.

Tower Defense:

Use your power of magic and your mind as you make use of your elemental minions as guard towers to fight the oncoming horde!

That's all I have for now, I will have to come up with more ideas as they come.

Last edited:
Vietnam extended

I heard from the Q and A video that they wanted to expand on the Vietnam idea so thought of these ideas
Special Weapons Expert Wizard:
Has flame-thrower as weapon and a staff that has the ability of mortar placement, which allows you to have a mortar for a limited amount of time but you are unable to move when you use it.
Magicks:
Immediate evacuation which enables you to call a chopper which you will take control of of a mounted gun, which can only be attacked by ranged or spells, you would not be able to use your weapon and only certain spell (self heal, immunities, ect), the chopper would have different health to you and can not be healed and lastly if the chopper goes down so do you
Summon tank pretty self explanatory
Chopper Inbound (meant to be a parody of call of duty)
EOD bot (parody of Battlefield 3) changes you into an EOD bot which is immune to explosion, but has no weapon, you can still use your staff.

Goblin Bowling.

Use a well aimed rock projectile spell to knock down all 10 of the goblins in 2 trys over a turn based 10 frame match, most goblins destroyed wins 1 to 4 players :3

Easy one that.

at i like that one, it's like cast training, but make it Vlad says instead :)

Either or works.

Another Idea.

Frogger - Magicka Style

You struggle against all odds to cross the dusty roads, full of trolls, orcs and bicycling goblins!
Only four elements allowed which are Fire, Frost, Lightning and Water.
Not capable of killing the monsters, just slowing them down.
Have to keep passing levels to earn the elements allowed, possibly add in restrictions (like bonus hard levels, No Lightning or Fire in this Level! Kinda thing)

As levels progress, the traffic gets more hectic, the need for sacrifice gets more necessary and the last wizard to cross wins!
(I could be an ideas producer!)

Last edited:
What would lightning do? I assume fire will speed them up, but correct me if I am wrong. We are really starting to get some good ideas going, I love the retro and crossover ideas.

When you cast lightning for the moment, it stuns them for the cast duration, water would make them vulnerable to freezing and or push them, fire would cause them into the temporary panic, some would be immune (Imagine using the armored characters), Frost would slow them down or if the monster is wet, it would freeze them.

To make sure it wouldn't get too extreme, the roads would actually get more complicated(curves, in roads, speedier guys, a lot of things you could change)

Another Idea!

Magicka Ball (Soccer)

2-4 Players would be using the power of air to play Soccer, more or less the same rules in soccer, someone kicks the ball, some person blocks the goal post. Goalee would be blown up for blocking the ball n such, preventing the ball from scoring n all that stuff (I don't know soccer THAT well, so... That's a rough idea)

Magickalympics (Magicka Olympics):

Make some form of Olympics that tests players agaisnt other players with certain aspects of Magicka's strengths to be honed for the best possible.

Last edited:
Baseicka (Magicka baseball)

Server could use different projectiles to do different things (eg rock means damage but, ice means curve, fire increases speed, cold slows, ect) but the more ice and rock you add the slower the ball moves. Instead of three strikes and you are out, its until you die. You would actually have to run to the base. The player can use self spells and magicka before hitting the ball only and it would effect your performance (eg use magicks reduces hitting power or speed and self spells reduces running speed). You would actually have to run and collect the ball as a fielder then fire the projectile to npcs on the bases, but if you charge it too little it will not reach them but if you charging too much it takes to much time.
Requires 3 or more people to play.

Super Meat Wizard

In honour of the super meat boy anniversary.
A set Levels similar to super meat boy but with more enemies.
Meat Wizard:
has the middle click ability of jump which can be used unlimited times with no recharge, can also wall jump. Weapon is fists. Less health, Speed increases the longer you move around, leaves trail of red.

Now this idea is simply reckless and fun enough for a group and basic as hell at the same time.

Elemental Madness:

Pretty much exactly like Challenge Mode as to where monsters would spawn at a large rate to go ahead and fight at you.
Now here's the simple difference.

It's all elementals (just like the ones you summon from the magick)

They would come pre-defined with an element at place (Water, Fire, Steam, Lightning, Frost, Arcane and Life)
They'd be all over you and your mission is to simply eradicate them and survive.
Everything except Vortex is allowed (I think Nullify as well, don't know if elementals are destroyed by it)

(Seriously, someone should make this a mod-map or w/e it is, I'd play it)