+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trigger issues

Arsenal of DemocracyFor The Glory

Post Trigger issues

Did anyone encounter problems using the condition in this example?

Code:
    someof = {
    	number = 3
    	owned = { province = 475 data = -1 } #Trebizond
    	owned = { province = 472 data = -1 } #Armenia
    	owned = { province = 483 data = -1 } #Kilikia
    	owned = { province = 1747 data = -1 } #Kappadokia
    	}
    I've got the "Unknown tag in trigger" if I use it...
    One thing about knives, swords & axes - they don't run out of ammo, and they don't misfire.

Nikola Zrinski in Military campaigns of some of the finest warriors in the world - the multiplayer EU2 AAR

I'm probably wrong, but try an extra bracket at the end.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionThe Kings Crusade
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

The some of trigger works, I used it in my submission about the Fall of the Mamluks:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12496372

Perhaps post the whole event? Are you using a mod as I don´t know where province 1747 is.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Hoi1 Resistance

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

Quote Originally Posted by Pied-Noir View Post
    I'm probably wrong, but try an extra bracket at the end.
    Yup, you are, I didn't post everything, it was only as an example.
    One thing about knives, swords & axes - they don't run out of ammo, and they don't misfire.

Nikola Zrinski in Military campaigns of some of the finest warriors in the world - the multiplayer EU2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by ConjurerDragon View Post
    The some of trigger works, I used it in my submission about the Fall of the Mamluks:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12496372

Perhaps post the whole event? Are you using a mod as I don´t know where province 1747 is.
    It's MyMap + AGCEEP.

I'll go and see those events you've made and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong

What am I doing wrong here?

Code:
    trigger = {
    	event = 90000
    	NOT = {	exists = SER }
    	someof = {
    		number = 3
    		owned = { province = 355 data = -1 } #Syrmia
    		owned = { province = 1920 data = -1 }#Serbia
    		owned = { province = 1397 data = -1 } #Kosovo
    		owned = { province = 1923 data = -1 } #Zeta
    		}
    	}

random = NO
    	... (the rest of the event)

Deus VultFor The GloryMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEUIV: Call to arms event

Maybe a stupid question but the trigger was only added in 1.2 so are you sure you are using that patch? If you are then I cannot see anything wrong with what you posted and I can confirm, like ConjurerDragon, that I do not get any error message when using it in my events.
    CKII : Songs of an Angel - A musical minimod

For the Glory
    : Dawn of Kingdoms - A medieval tetralogy

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionThe Kings Crusade
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    What am I doing wrong here?

Code:
    trigger = {
    	event = 90000
    	NOT = {	exists = SER }
    	someof = {
    		number = 3
    		owned = { province = 355 data = -1 } #Syrmia
    		owned = { province = 1920 data = -1 }#Serbia
    		owned = { province = 1397 data = -1 } #Kosovo
    		owned = { province = 1923 data = -1 } #Zeta
    		}
    	}

random = NO
    	... (the rest of the event)
    Best post the event as a whole and not always a small part of it. Sometimes the game even reports errors in events because a bracket is missing one event before that event in the file. So is that event the ONLY change you made to the files that can be the cause of the error? Or did you make several changes at once?

90000 is not already used by another event perhaps in another event file?

The province ID´s actually exist in the mod you use?

Does your event use a line "country = whatever" or is provincespecific? If not the game would not know who -1 should be.

Edit: Perhaps the posts about event editing should be moved to the events&scripts subforum so that they don´t flood the commands&triggers thread?
    Last edited by ConjurerDragon; 29-09-2011 at 22:06.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Hoi1 Resistance

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

Best post the event as a whole and not always a small part of it. Sometimes the game even reports errors in events because a bracket is missing one event before that event in the file. So is that event the ONLY change you made to the files that can be the cause of the error? Or did you make several changes at once?
    Just that one, nothing else was changed.

90000 is not already used by another event perhaps in another event file?
    Byzantium Renneissance event, used only there, and as a trigger elswhere, and there were no problems whatsoever with it.

The province ID´s actually exist in the mod you use?
    Yup, they exist in MyMap.

Does your event use a line "country = whatever" or is provincespecific? If not the game would not know who -1 should be.
    It's a BYZ-specific event, and the only thing that I wanted is to shorten the trigger by using someof instead of a longish OR/AND loop, which, by the way, works just fine.

Edit: Perhaps the posts about event editing should be moved to the events&scripts subforum so that they don´t flood the commands&triggers thread?
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Third Angel View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but the trigger was only added in 1.2 so are you sure you are using that patch? If you are then I cannot see anything wrong with what you posted and I can confirm, like ConjurerDragon, that I do not get any error message when using it in my events.
    I'm such a dumbass... After reinstalling the game I forgot to patch it to 1.2.

Sorry guys, I can't believe I missed that...

Truly heroic stuff. I'm surprised you never noticed given the features and fixes you'd have been without.

Well, it's only been a week or so...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMagicka
    Rome GoldVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Suggestion taken!
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
    Go to the FtG forum!
    FtG Website

AGCEEP 1.59b4 is now available for FTG
    AGCEEP High Council Member
    AGCEEP Website

+ Reply to Thread