+ Reply to Thread

Thread: List of nations with non-generic political party names?

List of nations with non-generic political party names?

Hey, all.

As part of creating a number of EU3 countries in V2 as quickly as possible (for a converter transfer), I largely copied their countries/ and history/ files from existing nations that were close both geographically and culurally. In most cases all I needed to subsequently do for localization was add the XXX; and XXX_ADJ; text, as the political parties of many nations are fairly generic, such as "Liberal", "Conservative", "Royalist", etc. So, for example, when I made Khorasan, I didn't need to edit the Afghanistan political parties from AFG.txt at all when making KHO.txt, because I didn't care that the parties in KHO and AFG would be called the same thing.

However, there are a few countries that have specifically-named political parties. California is one example (Ursine Imperialist is a little CAL-centered, for instance). Is there an easy way to track down which countries this applies to other than going through the localization files and making a list? While it would be worthwhile, I want to make sure there's not a faster way, or that someone hasn't already done the work.

By knowing which countries have non-generic party names, it would simplify the process of choosing countries to easily base new ones on (especially when you don't need complex history files).

Thanks, all.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

All the party names are stored in Victoria 2\localisation\text.csv, but you'll have to do some sorting out.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Dewirix View Post
    All the party names are stored in Victoria 2\localisation\text.csv, but you'll have to do some sorting out.
    Well, yeah, I know where they are, I just wanted to know if someone else has already done this before I go through them. It won't be TOO bad, just some rapid scrolling through that area of the relevant sheets (I'm not that concerned with the actual party names, just which countries don't use fairly generic names).

Duplicating work is just bad.

+ Reply to Thread