• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mowers

Field Marshal
45 Badges
Aug 25, 2001
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Russia always had some serious issues with its airborne Radar Warning Capability (RWR) capability, less so with its Jammers and EO based MWS but I've yet to see any serious integration to form something like an ALQ-213 capability.

What is the RWR plan for 2030? Do you envisage the current SPO-15s to be replaced? And with what? And will it be an integrated system?

What about jammers? Are you predicting that the L-150 is the mainstay by that point or that it will be replaced? Or do you see them buying in as they did with Elettronica SpA deal? Again will it be integrated?

And EOIR? What sort of system are you predicting for the primary naval combat unit in 2030, the MiG-29Ks? I've seen nothing on this yet myself, perhaps a L-136? But by then I am guessing that they will have had some sort of upgrade?

Its just that there is such a huge gap between Russia and the West, The problem gets even worse when we look at airborne datalinks and EOIR targeting systems I am wondering how you are going to balance realism with any sort of gameplay? There seems to be alot of chat about platforms, but really its the mission system and the level of integration into the network that is the actual capability, and by 2030 platforms chat will be a virtual irrelevancy if it isn't already.

Mowers,

Obviously, you are far more knowledgable on this subject than we are :)

We go with the current Russian RWR and CM systems, making updates that makes for linear improvements, since we really lack more detailed information.

EOIR on the 29K: This is one of many holes in our knowledge. I have no reliable data on its "optronic sight pods" so I'll throw in the generic IR system we have if nothing better comes along.

Jammers: Something along SPS-171/172 we think. No knowledge of the L-150.

Datalink capabilities are hugely important in the real world. This is an RTS, so in NWAC all your units will know what any unit is knowing; ie. a perfect transcendent datalink system if you will :) Having it otherwise would certainly make for an interesting game, but hugely more complex, and not one that can be played anything like a standard RTS, and where the user interface gets radically more obscure (=spreadsheet).

EOIR on the 29K: This is one of many holes in our knowledge. I have no reliable data on its "optronic sight pods" so I'll throw in the generic IR system we have if nothing better comes along.

I don't think I explained my self well here. What I meant was what is the EO Warning reciever system going to be rather than the optronic sight system which will probably be the OLS-13SM as that is the latest optronic sight that I know to be developed for the MiG-29 series. My problem is that i have no idea what the EO warning reciever system will be and would like to know.

Jammers: Something along SPS-171/172 we think. No knowledge of the L-150.

I am fairly sure the SPS-171/L005S/Sorbtsiya-S (depending on your take), which are commonly mounted on the SU-27, are being phased out in favour of the L-150 and another system for next generation aircraft but are continuing to be produced for SU-27 variants. But its hard to tell.

Datalink capabilities are hugely important in the real world. This is an RTS, so in NWAC all your units will know what any unit is knowing; ie. a perfect transcendent datalink system if you will :) Having it otherwise would certainly make for an interesting game, but hugely more complex, and not one that can be played anything like a standard RTS, and where the user interface gets radically more obscure (=spreadsheet).

Shame, but perhaps it can be modelled abstractly as its key to the deployment and advantage of the AESA radars coming into service. However, I do understand that you need to make something playable.

RE Datalinks:

You could have a simple rule.

Has an advanced datalink - can target enemy platforms using another friendly platforms sensors.
Has no advanced datalink - can not target enemy platforms using another friendly platforms sensors

It is expected to have advanced RWR, ELINT system. Also it is expected to have DAS equivalent system (as shown on Su35s).

Ground targeting can be done via radar or with the pod (as developed for PakFa and shown on MAKS 2011)