• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeo92

Major
46 Badges
Aug 29, 2008
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Hey there, some Questions for you...

1. Do you want a EU IV

2. What should it include?

3. Do you think we need one?

4. Suggestions

I start...

1. YES I want one!

2. Every Content which was included in EU3 + All his expansions.

3. Yes, but only if the Game woul´t lose any of his present game contents (it should be rather like a giant expansion for 50 Euro?

4. Suggestions..

Timeline:

I think Europa Universalis IV should become very special because it should start much earlyier , i Downloaded the latest Unit Uniforms, so now in my EU3, the 15 Century armys run in medieval style, and it doesnt seem to not fit for Eu3, so my ... favourite Timeline for EU IV would be this :

843 - 1843 (1000 Years, Up from the Birth of the Modern Europe (the Foundation of France, HRR to the beginning of Victoria 2 (this time, the game should got a developer made converter which guarantees a Perfekt convertion).

2. Map: The Map Terrain should change with time, when the game starts, there should be numberous forrests e.g, the terrain (forrests .. ) should change, depending on population growth. In Provinces with a huge population, the forrests should become smaller and smaller.

3. More Economical Options: Here the game should adapt some things of Vicotria, for example the options for taxation, but also the Parliament system should appear as soon as the Government Technology is high enough (1750 probably).
Also, there should be several things, the monarch should be able to allow or forbidd all time during the game, for example:

Slavery, Torture, Death punishment (for) ( the player could for example allow the punishment of death for thievery, or sth like that, but also say : Only for "very bad things".

Once a law or reform is out, he can still make it undone any time, as long as he is the ultimate ruler in the country. (So for example not in a Constitutional monarchy which will be there in late game).

3. Map Size: The Size of Map and the size of provinces should be like in Victoria 2.

4. Improved, complex economy, which allows the player to have action and fun even without war (this could be handled by cpu, if player dont want to do it himself (similar to Hoi3).

- Player can build Woodcutter/stone/iron gathering places (i hope you know what i i mean) and improve them (need workforce)...and become rich that way ( in medieval), but can also build manufactures in the middle game or Factorys in late game.

5. Much more Diplomatic Options to be friendly with Nations, the option to make more complex peace treatys (probably a system like in total war games, where you can offer and demand (for example trade regions that way).

6. Improved Dynastys (Hereitage)

7. Options to rank your nation up (for example claim the Title "Emperor", with Denmark, or rename your Country (if you got 100 Prestige for example, you should try claim the title emperor.. for lots of infamy.. and with teaseing the other emperors of europe (for example holy roman emperor or the zar).

8. More Realistic wars and alliance system in wars. (For example if you got a very good relation with a allied nation, it will give that nation a huge prestige loss if it leaves you alone in a war, even when they are victorious.

(for example, if you get attacked and france joins the war and is helping you first, winning but than defeates the enemy and makes a seperate peace, forcing your enemy to cede some provinces but leaves you thereafter alone in the war, so you will still lose, because your allie left you alone.

Also a War leader will ask the player if he want to make a peace treaty or gets a offer and will consider your opinion (he can of course still aggree when you disaggree but probably they wouldt.)
Also you can ask the warleader for claims (for example you join a war with burgundy vs spain, you can tell burgundy during war, that you want a province of spain if you win. Burgundy will probably (if relations are perfekt and you done a good job) consider this afterswards. Although, war leaders should start negotiate in the will of the whole alliance and not only for their own advantage.
And at last : the option to call allies for help, if you get attacked (so if a nation attacks you, you can decide if you want call ALL YOUR ALLIES for help, or only some. Or fight off enemy alone (when you know your ally CANT help you anyway and would only break the alliance).
The option to ask another Nation to become your liege lord.

More suggestions soon^^

For me, the most important thing would be a better AI.

Next important thing for me would be to better model the historical processes so that less "crazy stuff" happens. But I realize this is very hard.

i know this may be stupid kinda but after playing the dem better graphics and an easier to use toolbar(dont know if thats the right word) cus i couldnt find half the stufff i was looking for, for example the button to release nations

New mechanics for the internal functioning of a country i.e. politics.

True, this has been the weakest part, imo, although admittedly difficult to portray correctly due to the enormous span. However, this has been the reason I decided to buy V2/HOI3 and avoid a 5-year-old game. Yeah, I am a late comer and I'm loving it. If the EU4 is indeed the "great summer announcement" I will be more than happy because it will probably mean a significantly upgraded (post-Clausewitz) engine as well. And of course graphics par to the latest developments.

I honestly don't think we need EU4 for some time (DW isn't that old in my opinion). EU3DW is still plenty fun, offers lots of user-made additional content, and since when do graphics make a game any more different besides giving it a prettier face?

Although more provinces, decisions, time, and a couple new gameplay aspects sound nice... but I still wouldn't say it's necessary. :)

I dont think its neccessary, with people either being generally happy with DW/mods, or will be happy with Magna Mundi when it comes out.

I'm happy with the time frame 1400-1819, but EU4 definitely needs more characters and dynasties, because dynasties still played a big role in those 400 years. Ofcourse I would like to see chancellors, bishops, dukes, grand viziers, etc.. However next game should be Rome 2 because it deserves another chance and there is more to this era that hasnt been explored in the game mechanics...

I may be in the minority, but I have come to like the smaller scales of Sengoku and CK2. The whole world seems a little too big to be manageable for me. I started with EU1, played EU2 addictively, and obsessed over last detail of EU3, but I am feeling that small is beautiful.

That said, if the focus is again Europe, I think that it would be better to streamline things like overseas expansion to be more historically accurate, with a sort of colonial FOW where you manage who you send over as governors and viceroys but not really have much control over what happens on a smaller scale. In my (nearly fully uploaded) EU3DW AAR, I started as Castille but found life in Mexico much more to my dynasty's suiting so I settled there in about 1550. But I think realistically I should have had a clear view of only so much of my empire. I know Paradox games are sort of a computerized board game, but I think it would be more challenging to only know what's going on in your capital and maybe one or two provinces in radius. The rest could be handled by event or some other kind of message system. I guess factor 2 that bothers me about the EU series is player omniscience if you want a big word for it.

I honestly don't think we need EU4 for some time (DW isn't that old in my opinion). EU3DW is still plenty fun, offers lots of user-made additional content, and since when do graphics make a game any more different besides giving it a prettier face?

Although more provinces, decisions, time, and a couple new gameplay aspects sound nice... but I still wouldn't say it's necessary. :)

I agree with Strudel eater!
The current game still rocks and is very much at the top of my special games list. I would prefer a Rome 2 before an EU4 game be developed. IMO.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we want 2 things:

1) Better AI: This will always be the hardest thing to implement for grand strategy, especially when better AI will lead to a lot more CPU power needed, but we'll come to a point where we'll have a CPU core for every AI.

2) Events with pictures*

*Come to think of it, why not music or video too? The modding potential would be awesome and I have a hunch it might be relatively easy to implement.

I'm going to buck the trend and say: I'd like a shorter timespan, but with more detail. Europa Universalis started life as a game about the rise of European nation-states and their exploration and conquest of the world. Most of the game's core mechanics - blobbing, colonising, trade, tech - are designed to support that theme. Stretching the timeline further and further back into the Middle Ages risks losing focus and just having a big blurry mess of a game with no coherent theme. Or Civilization V. :)

Also, given that the vast majority of players seem to only ever start at the beginning of the Grand Campaign, play for 100-150 years or so, then restart, there'd be little point designing an 843-1843 scenario or whatever. Only about 5% of players would ever reach the later game. Just make it 843-1066 and call it 'Charlemagne' or 'Age of Vikings' or something, then release EU4 covering 1492-1792. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.