• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Deadline!

Austrian Move Orders

A Silesia - Galicia
A Rumania S A Silesia - Galicia
A Sevastopol S A Rumania holding
A Vienna S A Silesia - Galicia
A Budapest S A Vienna holding
A Trieste S A Vienna holding

Ottoman Move Orders

A Arm support A Sev hold
F Alb support A Tri hold
F Gre support F Alb hold
F Eas to Ion
F Eag support F Eas to Ion

German Move Orders

A Mos - Sev
A Ukr S A Gal - Rum
A Gal - Rum
A Boh - Vie
A Tyr S F Adr - Tri
A War - Gal
A Lvn - War
A Pru S A Ber - Sil
A Mun S A Ber - Sil
A Ber - Sil
F Nwy H
F Bar H
F Bal H

British Move Orders

F Adr - Tri
F Ion - Alb
F Nap - Apu
F Tyr - Nap
F Tus - Tyr
A Rom - Ven
F Eng H
A Wal H

Before

1919spring.jpg

After

1919fall.jpg

Last edited:
Your before and after are wrong; you've accidentally uploaded the wrong image to the before: I didn't have Rumania last turn for example.

Furthermore, Trieste should be British.

A Trieste is defensive strength 1.
F Albania S A Trieste is defensive strength 2.

F Ionian Sea - Albania cuts support, even though it is dislodged, support is still cut.

Trieste has defensive strength of 1.

F Adriatic Sea - Trieste is attack strength of 1.
A Tyrol support F Adriatic Sea - Trieste is attack strength of 2.

No attack is made upon Tyrol, support is maintained.

F Adriatic successfully attacks A Trieste.

Also, A Silesia does not move into Galicia successfully:

A Sil - Gal
A Rum S A Sil - Gal
A Vie S A Sil - Gal

A War - Gal

A Boh - Vie cuts support.
A Gal - Rum cut support. Usually support wouldn't be cut because a unit cannot cut support offered against it. However, in this case A Rum is dislodged so support is cut.

We're left with A Sil - Gal, which bounces off A War - Gal. A Sil is stuck and forced to disband.

Last edited:
Because I say it did, damnit!

I think there's another issue too: A Rum could have retreated to Serbia rather than retreating to Bulgaria. Although A Tri can only retreat to Serbia, thereby limiting A Rum to Bulgaria, Austria could always opt to retreat them both to Serbia and thereby force both to disband (if two units retreat to the same province they both disband).

And a unit forced to retreat always has the option of disbanding instead, much as I hate to give Austria an option that prevents TheExecuter from shitting bricks when he sees he's lost Bulgaria.

The first thing I notice is the map is so much nicer to look at because it's not a compressed file; Tai's compressing the images and so they're grainy.

Good game that one - Russia was my country with Culise, Joeb was Italy, with Adamus I think. Virtually everything was different in that game...

Its a 15 percent reduction in image quality, BUT imageshack resizes it slightly, and the forums squash it. Unfortunate, eh?

Also someone gave me a much better xcf version of the map but I accidentally deleted the PM...

I think there's another issue too: A Rum could have retreated to Serbia rather than retreating to Bulgaria. Although A Tri can only retreat to Serbia, thereby limiting A Rum to Bulgaria, Austria could always opt to retreat them both to Serbia and thereby force both to disband (if two units retreat to the same province they both disband).

And a unit forced to retreat always has the option of disbanding instead, much as I hate to give Austria an option that prevents TheExecuter from shitting bricks when he sees he's lost Bulgaria.

Everything is proceeding according to our plan, is it not? Why should I 'shit bricks' after losing Bulgaria? You are going to take it anyway...

Everything is proceeding according to our plan, is it not? Why should I 'shit bricks' after losing Bulgaria? You are going to take it anyway...

Your plan involved Austria caving in while I equitably divide it with Britain? I think not. Plus, you losing Bulgaria just means Athalcor shall smash through your fleets even faster.

I'd like the Austrians to confirm that they're OK with the way the retreats were made; if they're not then that might affect builds.

Your plan involved Austria caving in while I equitably divide it with Britain? I think not. Plus, you losing Bulgaria just means Athalcor shall smash through your fleets even faster.

How will they smash through my fleets? Even losing Bulgaria does not mean that I have to disband fleets. Britain is several turns away from achieving a position from which she can destroy my defensive line. Germany, however is now much closer to achieving the goal of winning solo.

Your reluctance to win solo baffles me.

Turkey is ok with the retreats as the GM has determined. I am sure Austria will be too.

How will they smash through my fleets? Even losing Bulgaria does not mean that I have to disband fleets. Britain is several turns away from achieving a position from which she can destroy my defensive line. Germany, however is now much closer to achieving the goal of winning solo.

I am skeptical that you'd disband the unit that is preventing me from swinging around into your unprotected rear...

Your reluctance to win solo baffles me.

Refusal, not reluctance.

Turkey is ok with the retreats as the GM has determined. I am sure Austria will be too.

You couldn't stop the retreats except with Austria's consent, of course. Austria may well consent to the retreats, and I doubt they will change anything; I am building an army in Berlin and it's not like I'd build it in Kiel if Bulgaria was vacant. But it's worth getting clarification. Maybe if Austria disbands both armies I'll stab Britain? :p