• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The green British build orders are worrying me. I'm afraid that London will suddenly defect to Italy and the fleet will launch itself at my unprotected coastlines with all the malice of Seboden's bitter and black heart.

The green British build orders are worrying me. I'm afraid that London will suddenly defect to Italy and the fleet will launch itself at my unprotected coastlines with all the malice of Seboden's bitter and black heart.

I have no idea whats going on there, because it says I set it as royalblue....

Vainglory said:
\

Yes. I have decided the ideal time to betray Britain is now that my western defenses are at their lowest ebb, and my fleets are tied down in Scandinavia, with pending losses in the east.

Now accepting surrender notices from all countries.

No, I mean its interesting in that its uses are very limited, compared to an army that could be maneuvred into a position where it could help you against Austria, this only serves the purpose of defending Saint Petersburg or taking Livonia.

No, I mean its interesting in that its uses are very limited, compared to an army that could be maneuvred into a position where it could help you against Austria, this only serves the purpose of defending Saint Petersburg or taking Livonia.

If that's what you think, it explains why you're just the GM and I'm the guy with the most SCs.

(cue lightning strike on the Baltische Flotille)

My god, your going to convoy an army from Saint Persburg to Syria and win the game!

:p

... Holy- you're right: Britain and Germany actually have enough fleets to do that together, if the Turks weren't in the way. Actually we could do that in the Fall if everyone cooperated in Spring :rofl:

Emperor and King Franz Joseph emerges from the Hofburg, blinking:

"How fares Europe?"

You surrendered: the game's over. Just sign here and you can be on your way...

*pushes armistice agreement toward the Austrian*

Stay away from the document, My Lord. It is a German trap! We are working very hard to defend our homelands. Thus far, we have minimised losses to peripheral territory. But we shall strike back and reclaim our former dominions!

You surrendered: the game's over. Just sign here and you can be on your way...

*pushes armistice agreement toward the Austrian*

It is interesting to note the lack of progress by the Kaiser's armies in the last year when facing off against the battle-hardened Austrian forces...isn't it...

:D

Perhaps that's what the fleet in Berlin is for...to go after an easier target?

Stay away from the document, My Lord. It is a German trap! We are working very hard to defend our homelands. Thus far, we have minimised losses to peripheral territory. But we shall strike back and reclaim our former dominions!

I wouldn't call Tyrolia a peripheral territory... but fear not, by next year, we will have increased copper production.

Heh, if the GM can kibbitz, so can I.

The thing is that, as Germany stands, they actually have too many armies for dealing with Austria; they're actually at risk for a forced disband in Warsaw thanks to a clog in their front lines. A fleet, as noted, is useful to break the Austrian stalemate in Livonia and provide depth in the north, which is far more critical at the moment, and any move against Britain by that fleet would be obviously telegraphed a year in advance. What would have been even more helpful would have been shifting an army to StP over the course of last year; there would have been some risk involved, but with Mos being the only force able to push north, they could probably have done it with support from a fleet in the Barents, and set themselves up in a position to support-defend StP or start pushing southward. The British can look at a steady push into the Mediterre based on their deployment patterns, which it looks like it might be countered by similar Turkish ambitions in the regions (Turkey already having declined a chance to strike Austria early once; such an attack would have only opened the gateway to a German deluge), and Italy may be able to retain relevance by playing kingmaker between the two lesser powers, thereby allowing one or the other to rise as a third great power. As for the Austro-German conflict, I think the Austrians have an advantage in positioning that limits the German advance so far, but the German threat of a new front in the south and clever moves in Russia can easily let the Germans put their numerical superiority into play along the entirety of the front.

Well, that's just me, and I'm hardly an expert. I've, what, played two or three games ever?

You just made me see something very interesting... sometimes, I hate being the GM.

And of course you can, er... "kibbitz". Its in the rules! Even I'm allowed to, within the realms of reason (I can't share private information, obviously).

The first page said:
A note for newcomers: If the game has already started and your name is not on this list you are still a diplomat. Any person, officially in this game or not, may talk to any other person about anything in this game, and spread any kind of information they would like. If you'd like to officially join the game and align with a Great Power, with the privilege of issuing orders and with the opportunity to actually "win" the game, then post in this thread stating which Great Power you would like to affiliate with. OTOH, it is not guaranteed that you will join that GP, because countries in need of new players will be addressed first.

Last edited:
Deadline!

British Move Orders

F Wes - Tyr
F Tun S F Wes - Tyr
A Tus - Ven
F Gol - Tus
F Mat - Wes
F Eng - Mat
F Lon - Eng

Italian Move Orders

F Ven-Tri