• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you guys get some of these colours? A lot of them just dont work for me.

Ok so now I know what aqua is. Why is turqoise so blueish?

I'm going to pull a John Howard circa 1995 on this and refuse to nominate myself, and wait for someone to ask me to do it :p

I hereby nominate you as senior diplomat for Germany.

And humbly apply for junior position in Germany.

How do you guys get some of these colours? A lot of them just dont work for me.

Ok so now I know what aqua is. Why is turqoise so blueish?

Google Chrome (and maybe other browsers) hates the RGB style of coloring in which you type three sets of numbers from 0-255 (red, green, and blue in that order) to generate a color. You can see it when others do it, but with your own browser it won't work. So colors that are written in words, eg ="red" will work, but not in RGB format, eg ="rgb(255, 255, 0)". However you can work around this by using hexadecimal format, which is ="#000000", each pair of 00 corresponds to Red, Green, Blue. It's in hex, so 1-10 are the same, 11=A and so on up to F. Thus 00 is the lowest and FF the highest in the range for each pair. ="FF1060" is a color I tend to use when ghosting/GMing. ="FFFF00" is yellow, 00FFFF for turquoise.

If that's the problem you mean...

I hereby nominate you as senior diplomat for Germany.

And humbly apply for junior position in Germany.

*preens*

Right, so I guess we can start...

By the way, how do you do the slash through, where you have words with a line through them?

ALSO, if someone could provide a blank version of the Diplomacy map for me, that would be appreciated.

Last edited:
[ s ] stuff [ / s ]

stuff

Since some countries still don't have any junior diplomats and A-H has two, I request to be moved to Russia.

I dont know what he's talking about either.Weird eh??

Thanks. So thats royal blue, sky blue, blue, dark blue, orange, orange red, crimson, red, firebrick, darkred, green, lime green (although I use lime), sea green, deep pink, tomato, coral, purple, indigo and burlywood. I find that putting the names of the colour as opposed to that RGB stuff helps.

Google Chrome (and maybe other browsers) hates the RGB style of coloring in which you type three sets of numbers from 0-255 (red, green, and blue in that order) to generate a color. You can see it when others do it, but with your own browser it won't work. So colors that are written in words, eg ="red" will work, but not in RGB format, eg ="rgb(255, 255, 0)". However you can work around this by using hexadecimal format, which is ="#000000", each pair of 00 corresponds to Red, Green, Blue. It's in hex, so 1-10 are the same, 11=A and so on up to F. Thus 00 is the lowest and FF the highest in the range for each pair. ="FF1060" is a color I tend to use when ghosting/GMing. ="FFFF00" is yellow, 00FFFF for turquoise.

If that's the problem you mean...

*preens*
Yup, exactly what I was talking about.

Thanks. So thats royal blue, sky blue, blue, dark blue, orange, orange red, crimson, red, firebrick, darkred, green, lime green (although I use lime), sea green, deep pink, tomato, coral, purple, indigo and burlywood. I find that putting the names of the colour as opposed to that RGB stuff helps.

There was more, I just copy pasted and couldn't think of a long enough sentence. Google search "vBulletin Color Codes" or something similar.

Well, if everyone is set as the nation they want and there are no objections, then we can commence the first turn.

We are now at the start of the Spring, 1901, Diplomatic and Order Writing Phase. The Deadline for Orders will be 18:00 Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time, 7th of October, 44 hours from now.

I will not be including the movement indicaters on the map, but I will include a short narrative divided between the seperate theatres of movement (e.g: Scandinavia, the Balkans, Eastern Front, etc.) that details movements, which moves succeeded, which failed, and why, in a far more pallatible format to the orders. The reason for not including the arrows is that I'm going to have enough trouble cobbling the map together with my limited image manipulation experience as is, without putting arrows all over the place.