• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The final copy of orders that was copied and given to me indeed had F Nwy supporting F Bot into StP...

This should be reflected in the deadline, even if it is irrelevant.

EDIT:

Also, I am satisfied with the orders my senior diplomat sent. I no longer wish to go to Italy.

Support offered for a move that never goes through is important. In this case I don't know why my allies didn't support my order F BoT - Stp sc to A Swe - Stp (via convoy). It's important to know that they did offer a support, even if it wasn't what we asked for, because now I can deduce they misunderstood me, whereas no order at all might indicate a cooling of our relations.

There are other situations where it's very important: I told my allies that I would bounce A Hol and A Mun that turn... if they had A Bur S A Mun - Ruh that turn it would have moved my army into Ruh, leaving Mun undefended. Now if I had ended up A Mun H, I'd still want to know that my erstwhile ally attempted to put me out of position. Or take A Bud S A Gal - Rum. Let's pretend that A-H didn't attack Turkey last turn and they were still ostensibly neutral. If Gal had ended up moving elsewhere it would still be important for Turkey to know that A-H had attempted to support their enemies.

1) I never recieved those orders, I have no idea what your talking about.

2) As far as I know, you CAN'T support an attack on Saint Petersburg South Coast because you don't share a coastline with the south coast!

3) No update has arrived because I was asleep and had no time to post it before I left the house. I'll deal with that now.

The Ottoman Army in Rumania retreats to Bulgaria.

The Russian Fleet in Saint Petersburg is ordered to be scuttled and disbanded.

1905fall.jpg

The British Fleet in Spain suddenly came to the realization that it really should not be there, and decided to move back to Gascony. British High Command was not very pleased with this...

Thus ends Fall, 1905. We now begin the Build and Disband Phase, Winter, 1905. The deadline for orders will be 07:00 GMT, 3rd of November, or as soon as all orders are recieved, whichever is sooner.

Supply Center Count:

Germany: 7/9 (May build two armies or fleets)
France: 1/1
Great Britain: 8/9 (May build one army or fleet)
Italy: 4/4
Austria: 3/3
Ottoman Empire: 8/7 (Must disband one army or fleet)
Russia: 1/1

Last edited:
1) I never recieved those orders, I have no idea what your talking about.

2) As far as I know, you CAN'T support an attack on Saint Petersburg South Coast because you don't share a coastline with the south coast!

3) No update has arrived because I was asleep and had no time to post it before I left the house. I'll deal with that now.

1) There was an empy line between it and the other orders, but it certainly WAS there.

2) You can support ANY province you can move into and you can support ANY unit moving into a province you're capable of moving into yourself. You can't support someone into a province unless you BOTH border it (and are both capable of moving into it), but where that border is doesn't matter. Do you even know the rules to this game?

3) K.

1) There was an empy line between it and the other orders, but it certainly WAS there.
Oh, I see it now. Can I ask why you did that? I usually disregard anything seperated by a line because its usually just discussion, though, I usually read it anyway so I'm not sure how I missed it.

2) You can support ANY province you can move into and you can support ANY unit moving into a province you're capable of moving into yourself. You can't support someone into a province unless you BOTH border it (and are both capable of moving into it), but where that border is doesn't matter. Do you even know the rules to this game?

Hm... I assumed you could only support a move to a province you could attack yourself, as Fleet Norway can't move to Saint Petersburg south coast I assumed that support would fail. I wasn't referring to where the border is, I was referring to where it was attacking, the SOUTH COAST, which Fleet Norway CAN NOT move to, therefore you COULD NOT support an attack against it. Am I reading the rule wrong? If I am, that doesn't make logical sense to me. I mean, thats like a Fleet in the Mediteranean somehow supports an attack on the Spanish north coast... What happened, did the fleet magically transport itself around the coast to help the attack and then moved back to its original position?

I'm probably wrong though.

"A Fleet that can move to a province with two separate coasts can support another Fleet in that province without regard to separate coastlines."

Damnit...

This is only my third game of Diplomacy. I've never played Diplomacy before that first game on this forum in my life and I stepped up to become Game Master because noone else wanted to do it.

Thats not to say I don't know the rules; I do, except for this, rather obscure to be honest, case.

Last edited:
This is only my third game of Diplomacy. I've never played Diplomacy before that first game on this forum in my life and I stepped up to become Game Master because noone else wanted to do it.

And the Austro-Hungarian Empire thanks you.

Still four power blocs.

Germany
Britain
France/Italy/Austria/Russia
Turkey

Who will win?

And the Austro-Hungarian Empire thanks you.

I second this. While Taii is a candidate for the Bonfire of Failed GMing, he stepped up to the plate when no one else would, and this is a very complicated game at times. I read the rules cover to cover in an attempt to not make mistakes, and yet in my first game I attempted to build in a non-home SC. Whoops! It took balls to volunteer to GM the game after only playing a few times, and I respect that.

I second this. While Taii is a candidate for the Bonfire of Failed GMing...

Yeah, well, I was kind of expecting that considering it was my first time GMing anything, as well :) I promise to do better next time, yeah?

On a similar note, I'm going to be putting my new card into my computer today as it just arrived by courier (thanks for reccommending the store by the way Vain... bit expensive to be honest, do you work there or something? :p) so, do you want me to post the update before doing that, or after?

Please update 1st =D. I wouldn't say tha t Taiisatai64 is a horrible GM, especially since it is his 1st time. But please dun change rules in the middle of the game next time ;).