• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good choice on the card and PSU. The PSU is more powerful than you need, but not insanely so, and it's a good brand name. I had an a-power that fried in the first two weeks through poor design, the whole series went bad, in fact, such that when I walked back into the store and said "My PSU has died" they said "a-Power". Although that said, the replacement one from a later series has never let me down. By-and-large the good brand names are worth paying a little extra for.

How much RAM, at what speed, do you have? It is my experience that beyond 4GB of RAM you don't get significant speed improvements. I had 8GB of DDR2 at one point (the second 2x2GB set was so cheap I couldn't resist) and the performance upgrade over 4GB was virtually nothing. Windows 7 x64 just didn't use the extra memory efficiently, although I did notice that when starting large applications like HoI3/EU3, if I quit and reloaded I would absolutely street anyone with 4GB.

Anyway I'd rather go 4GB of 1866 than 8GB of 1666.

Good choice on the card and PSU. The PSU is more powerful than you need, but not insanely so, and it's a good brand name. I had an a-power that fried in the first two weeks through poor design, the whole series went bad, in fact, such that when I walked back into the store and said "My PSU has died" they said "a-Power". Although that said, the replacement one from a later series has never let me down. By-and-large the good brand names are worth paying a little extra for.

How much RAM, at what speed, do you have? It is my experience that beyond 4GB of RAM you don't get significant speed improvements. I had 8GB of DDR2 at one point (the second 2x2GB set was so cheap I couldn't resist) and the performance upgrade over 4GB was virtually nothing. Windows 7 x64 just didn't use the extra memory efficiently, although I did notice that when starting large applications like HoI3/EU3, if I quit and reloaded I would absolutely street anyone with 4GB.

Anyway I'd rather go 4GB of 1866 than 8GB of 1666.

I think at the moment I have 4 gb of 1666, so I was going to get 8 gb of 1666. I can't remember what RAM I actually bought originally and the damn sticker on the sticks is so tiny I can't read it.

Ah, thank you.

I also managed to discover why my PC was making a lot of noise... the sticker on my graphics card had been peeled off by dust somehow and flown into the fans, lol!

I wonder how noisy that is compared to one of the fans with a gummy stator. They sound like a wrecked bearing.

Deadline!

French Move Orders

A Por move Spa
A Mar support A Por move Spa

British Move Orders

F Norway hold.
F Liverpool move to Iri.
A Lon move to Wal.
F Bel move Eng.
A Paris move to Bur.
F Bre move to Gas.
F Spa nc move to Portugal.
F MAt support F Spa nc move to Portugal.

Austrian Move Orders

A Trieste - Albania
A Vienna - Trieste
A Budapest - Serbia

Italian Move Orders

A Venice - Apulia
A Piedmont - Venice
F Ionian Hold
F Tyrrhenian Support F Ionian.

German Move Orders

F Swe - BoT
F Bal S F Swe - Bot
A Den - Swe
A Kie - Hol
A War - Mos
A Pru - War
A Mun H

Ottoman Move Orders

A Sev to Ukr
F BLA support A Rum H
A Rum support A Ser H
A Ser support A Gre to Alb
A Gre to Alb
F AEG to Gre
F Smy to AEG
F EMA support F Smy to AEG

Russian Move Orders

F Bot - StP sc
A Gal - Rum

Before

1904winter.jpg

After

1905spring.jpg

Last edited:
Thus ends Spring, 1905. We now begin the Movement and Diplomacy Phase, Fall, 1905. The deadline for orders will be 07:00 GMT, the 1st of November*, 47 hours from now.

*A public holiday so be nice if the update is late :p

You failed to place the F Bre in Gas

It's so weird seeing Germany and Britain co-operating, or at least not fighting, and as a consequence doing pretty well. I guess that's what happens when EURO and reis aren't going at each other.

It's so weird seeing Germany and Britain co-operating, or at least not fighting, and as a consequence doing pretty well. I guess that's what happens when EURO and reis aren't going at each other.

Deep down, Diplomacy is just a game about getting together and being a big happy family. :)

You should check out Diplomacy II. The Joebglory tandem tied for the win there, as a Russia-Italy combo.

That was a Vainjoeb the great glory victory as I recall.

This is a Vainkuush.

Vainglory is too good at this game. I'm going to sleep.

austrian move orders

a trieste - albania
a vienna - trieste
a budapest - serbia

italian move orders

a venice - apulia
a piedmont - venice
f ionian hold
f tyrrhenian support f ionian.

Is this a dagger which I see before me?

That was a Vainjoeb the great glory victory as I recall.

That's right. Bit of a mouthful, like "The Honorable Knight of Gliese 1"

This is a Vainkuush.

I think ForzaA's really carrying the weight at our end, so it might be Forkuush.

...Nice to see we have three power blocks now.

Britain / Germany
Italy / Austria
Turkey

You're wrong it's

Great Britain
Germany
Italy/Austria
Turkey

Also joeb has done good job with helping me so far, but the game is not over yet.