+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1674

Thread: DIPLOMACY III - Tentative GM Edition

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Vainglory View Post
    Also, I think this is the right time for an evil laugh.
    See Germany is evil!
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I thought you guys played on Saturdays. I was thinking of asking to join.

Also, I think this is the right time for an evil laugh. Gal was the lynchpin of the Austrian defenses.
    No, that was Tyrol. Anyway, I've got to say that I don't fancy lategame phases with locked alliances much. It takes away the diplomatic dimension and turns the game into chess, without time limit. Perhaps next game should have a time limit, to prevent endless wars, with the eliminated players bored because they're not playing?
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Also, I think this is the right time for an evil laugh. Gal was the lynchpin of the Austrian defenses.
    We play on both days. You should join, its fun.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    We play on both days. You should join, its fun.
    Do you play with rules concerning BB limits?

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I was considering playing EU3 MP but then I realised I can't without posting in that thread. It's something of a curse, really.
    Gone underground.

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    Do you play with rules concerning BB limits?
    No, though everyone will laugh at you if you go over.

Quote Originally Posted by Najs View Post

I was considering playing EU3 MP but then I realised I can't without posting in that thread. It's something of a curse, really.
    Most groups will have Steam chats you could join (mine, for instance). Or you could P.M the GM. Plenty of ways to not ruin that post count.

No, though everyone will laugh at you if you go over.

Most groups will have Steam chats you could join (mine, for instance). Or you could P.M the GM. Plenty of ways to not ruin that post count.
    Last time I played EU3, BB didn't matter once you could get away with it. Is it more punishing now?

Quote Originally Posted by reis91 View Post
    Last time I played EU3, BB didn't matter once you could get away with it. Is it more punishing now?
    Divine Wind changed everything about badboy mechanics. You go over it, everyone gets a CB on you, your vassals will start attacking you, your strong neighbours will start attacking you, your friend will attack you, that opm in the corner will jump on your face and chew off your nose, and... well, you get the idea.

You will also get CRIPPLING events that reduce your stability, give you war exhaustion, increase your revolt risk, and just make life plain miserable.

In other words, going over the badboy limit is now very, very bad.

Europa Universalis 3Victoria 2500k club

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    One wonders where British optimism regarding the game is coming from.

Where are they going to get more supply centers? Britain will find that the Ionian Sea is a great defensive barrier to offensive action...

For that matter, where is Germany going to get more supply centers...? Sev is defended. The three home Austrian supply centers are defended. Have fun killing Austrian armies in the marshes and steppes of Ukraine...that won't get you closer to your goal at all.
    The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

I post.. it just doesnt count Adamus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    My Master gifts me with his speech on british faults. I applaude to infinity at his eternal knowledge.

Britians game is over, they can do nothing and just watch as Ger mops up with or without their precious tied victory. Might as well not submit your moves from now on as there is nothing left for you in this game. Standard holds will suffice.
    The Original Werewolf Amateur
    Wins: 12 Losses: Many GM'd: 3 Werewolf Lites
    Currently playing Banished!

Professional Dilettante Vainglory's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by TheExecuter View Post
    For that matter, where is Germany going to get more supply centers...? Sev is defended. The three home Austrian supply centers are defended. Have fun killing Austrian armies in the marshes and steppes of Ukraine...that won't get you closer to your goal at all.
    Copy the map image, paste it into paint, replace Austrian A Gal with German A Boh. Austria can't safeguard everything simultaneously with that army in Galicia.
    Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Copy the map image, paste it into paint, replace Austrian A Gal with German A Boh. Austria can't safeguard everything simultaneously with that army in Galicia.
    Alternatively, look at the now updated map on the previous page.

Alternatively, look at the now updated map on the previous page.
    Thank you.

That map shows even more clearly how Germany is going for the solo win.

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

Deadline!

German Build Orders

Build an Army in Berlin.

Oh... I never stated a deadline... very sorry, folks!

Thus ends Winter, 1918. We now continue to the Movement and Diplomacy Phase, Spring, 1919. The deadline for orders shall be 07:00 GMT, the 17th of January, or when I recieve orders from every nation.

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Me back. Let's get this rolling again.

Thx to Euro for running Britain for a week - if you wish, you can continue as a junior diplomat.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post

Thx to Euro for running Britain for a week - if you wish, you can continue as a junior diplomat.
    Welcome back!
    "My good man, this is not the time for making enemies." - Voltaire, on his deathbed, when asked to renounce Satan.

"We give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose." - God to Adam, Oration on the Dignity of Man by Pico della Mirandola.

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post

I bow... to no man.
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

Quote Originally Posted by EUROO7 View Post
    I bow... to no man.
    Except Berlin...<snicker>

Berlin is a woman with many lovers... who all end up cheated...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast