• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic work, as always. What are your short term goals post-Irelandization?

loki100, Sweboy, tamius23

Upper and Lower Wales is correct. Do you remember from before that Wales was excommunicated, but we didn't attack? Well, Brittany didn't have any qualms and decided to use the excommunication CB to grab that free same-culture province!

Malurous

Indeed, that is a formidable coalition against England. Only about half of them are due to our diplomatic overtures!

Sweboy

Time for the plot to jump some holes, eh? ;)

Monzon

Oh, you'll see if we can gain Meath in this peace deal! ;)

Avindian, tamius23

Indeed, the signature and also the first post provides some teasers. We'll colonise the entire north American continent after a unification of Ireland. And, we'll need to make sure that our Eastern borders are secure -- which means, make sure that England will never more be a thread.

EktorGomes

Wow, thank you for your kind words! You make me blush... We'll see what we can do with Wales, shall we? :)

Chapter 10: Friends in need...

While busy warring, the great Munster thinkers find means to add a second National Idea to our national ethos.

120.jpg

We pick PotA, as England has no Military Drill that would need us to pick a more military idea. Our plans are to let our allies to all the fighting, after all.

121.jpg

Scottish armies fought the English, and a combined Scottish-Munsteranian armies annihilate the largest part of the English troops. Now, Scotland is busily occupying the north and their armies are enough of a distraction to the remaining English troops that we take the risk and split-siege with our armies. This way, we can more easily take care of the single regiments that England builds every once in a while and can also finish this war quicker.

123.jpg

The tactic is working, England is getting desperate and offers a White Peace. We reject, naturally.

124.jpg

Meanwhile, Castille is not idle. Portugal is taking a sound thrashing, and the last English provinces in France have already been taken by the Castillian armies.

125.jpg

Portugal can no longer face the Castillian hordes and offers peace. We accept. They paid their price for loyalty dearly!

127.jpg

The Royal Navy still roams the seas. Luckily we had stationed our troops (and a regiment of mercenaries) in Wales already. We wouldn't have survived a fight against the English home fleet...

128.jpg

England realises that we won't accept their puny peaces and decide to go behind our backs directly to our allies. They offer Scotland a peace these cannot refuse, it seems. Oh dear, that's our main army provider out of the war!

129.jpg

The remaining English troops immediately set the eyes on our scattered armies. We need to split off as many troops as we can manage off the siege of London to reinforce our armies in Oxfordshire. We arrive just in time to relieve our Oxford army, and a resulting pursuit of the routed English army annihilates the last remaining threat on the English island.

130.jpg

We celebrate by enacting a large banquet and tournament, with the finest knights and warriors demonstrating their skill in front of the court. The prize is simple, and effective in inducing effort: the loser of the tournament has to take the last remaining peat tapestries back into his home. Everyone is falling over themselves to prove they are the most worthy!

132.jpg

While we are busy jousting, England signs a peace treaty with Castille. That's our second most desperately needed ally gone!

133.jpg

Luckily, the Scots have never read the Irish Alliance Doctrine textbook. Even after they have signed peace with the English, they still offer us support in form of whisky casks.

134.jpg

English diplomats are busy. They sign a peace with Foix, a tiny OPM land-locked in France.

135.jpg

Will Munster need to fight the English alone? Can we manage with all allies deserting our cause? See for yourself, next time on Ireland's Teardrop!

Nice update. But you can take them, just put 1000 man on each english province so they cant build a new army. Or go for conquering london, as soon as you have that theyll be willing to surrender meath i think.

He appears to be already occupying London, but hell with those war subsidies it's probably more profitable to extend the war for extra WS and cash if he can get buy without mercs :p

Oh i think i need glasses. Haha how could I miss that.. well in that case they probably would already want to give you meath. ;)

I'd also assume that they're already willing to give up the province. And well, if they aren't, it's not like they're in any position to rebuild their armies. ;)

But interestingly, you did have to fight a key battle yourself! :eek:

I'd also assume that they're already willing to give up the province. And well, if they aren't, it's not like they're in any position to rebuild their armies. ;)

But interestingly, you did have to fight a key battle yourself! :eek:
in a british country that isn't England? HERESY!

Really gripping stuff; if only those fool English would recognize the futility of their struggle!

I still cant believe you are still able to keep the English at bay. Pretty impressive since you are quite a small country. Who did you manage to become the alliance leader? I thought Castille or Scotland would have taken the lead as they are bigger nations.

I still cant believe you are still able to keep the English at bay. Pretty impressive since you are quite a small country. Who did you manage to become the alliance leader? I thought Castille or Scotland would have taken the lead as they are bigger nations.

Whoever declares war becomes and stays war leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.