• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Mhumhain abu!
Nice one so far, will be interesting to see how you will get Meath.

ah the familiar sound of selling advisers. turning magistrates into cash.

Good old war taxes + crusade modifier while doing nothing at zero maintenance. ;) How's inflation at this point?

You've obviously played EU3 enough to know the gamey tactics inside out! ;) Not that I have anything against gamey tactics if it's well brought, mind you. OnwAARds!

A note to all

The AARland choice awards voting is now open! This AAR is not eligible for votes, but there are many other, far better AARs that deserve a vote. Think about what AARs you liked in the past few months and vote for them. Their authors will surely thank you!

CivandEUIII

Yes, England is indeed calm. They don't have the "Conquer Ireland" mission, yet, so they're surprisingly peaceful.

Kerry

Oh dear, I can read your Irish, but that's about it... ;) Meath is the next, obvious target. But we need to time this correctly, England is far too powerful to tackle them heads-on!

BootOnFace

Oh yes, a godsend for poor countries! Advisor income doesn't scale, so for small countries it is a large income!

loki100

Oh, you're right! I've never seen it that way! :)

Malurous

Inflation is not too bad. Apart from the early years, I had my treasury slider at zero. Now, with the minting for constables and work shops, it's risen of course. It's around 4-5 by now.

Qorten

Oh yes, I'm not above gamey tactics. Although I do not count the CAD/GI swap as gamey. I'll do far worse, to beat England!

Chapter 5: Onwards, to England!

In 1417, our heir falls ill. The customary medicine of a cask of whiskey i snot working, so we put our faith in the hands of God. Not that we particularly believe in God, but we're too broke to pay for a proper medicus. Necessity is the mother of virtue, as they say (or not...)

053.jpg

As expected, Turlough dies but his brother Donnchad takes his place.

054.jpg

Our highly successful propaganda crusade ends when Castille signs a peace treaty with Morocco. A pity, but it's for the better before our war exhaustion from doing exactly nothing gets too high.

055.jpg

Our spies tell us that England is embroiled in many wars currently: France and Scotland, to name the most important participants. Scotland in particular seems to be doing well. Good for us!

056.jpg

Not only tapestries are cheap when you have no income. Supporting the arts is also as cheap as an EU politician's tax accounting tricks. The extra Infamy reduction is most welcome, we should have supported the Florentines much earlier.

057.jpg

We forgot about this for a long time. It seems the Irish are not too keen on a centralised bureaucracy. More magistrates mean more advisors, means better income for us!

059.jpg

As soon as the truce expires, Castille asks us for our help against Morocco again. They must have been mighty pleased with our assistance in the first war, so we pledge to give them the exact same support as last time. Namely: nothing.

060.jpg

News from the continent, Burgundy is elected HRE. This is good for us, as Burgundy is in a better position to fight England than Bohemia. Even though neither we, nor England is in the HRE, we need to get as many allies as possible!

061.jpg

Just to drown even the last remaining empty square foot of our castle with carpets, we commission another tapestry.

063.jpg

We have kept a keen eye on England all the time, but now they have signed peace with all of their enemies. Not the ideal time to DoW them, as they won't have any distractions. On the other hand, their war exhaustion is over 16... Decisions, decisions...

062.jpg

Oh well, this puts an end to our pondering and springs us into action...

065.jpg

Next update: The first war against England, even though we are still ill prepared, and have no income to speak of! How will Munster fight the war? Will it survive?

Jean the Fearless is Holy Roman Emperor? Impressive! :D

Is it now 1418? (You've carefully clipped off the date in every shot.)

Good luck with England!

Show 'em what for, you need more areas for new tapestries. And I'm not sure the peasants'd like their farmland turned into tapestry.

Very interesting AAR. I hope you manage to get Dublin in the war and create Ireland but ...

I suppose you are junior ally, so one of the possible outcomes is:

You get Meath.
Nothing happens in Castile and England (I mean, no landings).
You senior ally Castile end war for few English gold coins or annulment of a couple of treaties.

To avoid such outcome you need to get some land in England or - if any - Castile has to take some English lands in France.

Good luck in your war!

In my experience the best wars to write about for an AAR are those against more powerful countries.

I have a feeling this war will determine your success or failure; if you can't take the last Irish province from England now, I don't know when you'll get a better opportunity.

This question is probably redundant now as you are already at war with England but would you have been able to get around a war with Cousin England by supporting rebels in Meath or you need a core to do that.

War against the English, I like it. Will be difficult to get them to cede Meath, but you can try anyway.
Why don't you mod in "Tapestries" as new trade good, exclusively available in Ireland? You probably can do with a source of income other than advisors ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.