Closed Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: first country to start as?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I played a wonderful game with Venice in MMU so my choice will be Repubblica di Venezia.
    Venice has a nice balanced list of challenges:
    -Austria
    -The Ottomans
    -Other Italian states
    -Maintaining superiority in trade
    -The discovery of the new world
    -Protecting your islands

And even with all these challenges you feel the urge to expand your territories.
    Serenissima Repubblica di Venezia, the beating heart of northern Italy. (Milan sucks )

Poland, with aim to regain Silesia, rather than going to the East first. Next one - some sub-Saharan country, I've had great fun playing as Mali in MMP.

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

After the tutorial, probably Lübeck or Bremen. To get to know the new HRE and Hansa mechanics.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Erakarhu View Post
    I played a wonderful game with Venice in MMU so my choice will be Repubblica di Venezia.
    Venice has a nice balanced list of challenges:
    -Austria
    -The Ottomans
    -Other Italian states
    -Maintaining superiority in trade
    -The discovery of the new world
    -Protecting your islands

And even with all these challenges you feel the urge to expand your territories.

Venice is my favourite country to play...
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Urza View Post
    After the tutorial, probably Lübeck or Bremen. To get to know the new HRE and Hansa mechanics.
    Bremen is always a good bet. The nuclear arsenal is always a plus.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

As much as I love the tutorial - and it is my hope that it will become a favorite of everyone, I will be quite tired of it after release.

With that in mind, I think my first post-release game will be Takada, a Japanese OPM that will present me the opportunity to wallow in the awesomeness that Ese Khan had made.

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    As much as I love the tutorial - and it is my hope that it will become a favorite of everyone, I will be quite tired of it after release.
    Eh... I wonder why!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

A major to start with (after paying my dues with Portugal). Probably Castille as that is always great fun with so many options, but maybe Austria if I can't wait to try the HRE.

Major
    Europa Universalis IV

1. Poland - nice to play, not too easy and not too hard. There is room for expansion north/south, a lot of wars with Muscovites, you can experience HRE if you wish by annexing some provinces (e.g. Silesia)
    2. Venice - fight Ottomans and Austria (at least you had to fight them in mod), dominate Italy, capture all Greece?
    3. Some dutch minor to create Nederlands.
    None.

Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II Collection

I usually want to play as an underdog nation with potential, not a major power. But in Magna Mundi, every nation will be hard to play, only with different kinds of challenges.
    For now, let's say the Livonian Order.

Špekulant
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

As usually, Bohemia. Then some random WC. But that tutorial achievement sounds tempting... I'll probably just turn it on and do something else while my Portugal manages itself. It would require a really evil Castille to annex Portugal on auto-pilot!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

I'll probably play France. I like learning the game mechanics with a medium country with lots of potential, as well as colonizing opportunities.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by F34rmen00bz View Post
    I'm going to play as Poland (earliest date possible) with the goal to "into space"
    Nice first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Featauril View Post
    I'll probably play France. I like learning the game mechanics with a medium country with lots of potential, as well as colonizing opportunities.
    Woah, first I've ever heard of people playing France!

Špekulant
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card Game

Quote Originally Posted by GamerKG View Post
    And first I've ever heard of France being medium!

If I've succeeded in growing any guts by then, I will try Hosokawa.
    My favorite Sengoku Jidai nation in the MMtM...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by GamerKG View Post
    I remember crashing and burning my first game with the release version of (I think) MMP, and playing my second game as France.

About a century in I got dogpiled, and then got something horrendous like Overwhelming Noble Opposition. All my main income provinces were occupied by either rebels or my enemies, I couldn't support my army even at 100% minting, and no one would make peace with me - full on death spiral. When a new version was released I abandoned the game.

So not only have a played France. I've essentially lost with France

(as some sort of defence, i think even ubik conceded that the release version of MMP was maybe a touch on the difficult side, although that isn't much of an excuse...)

England. I just want to be left alone on my island and trade peacefully around the world.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Hungary, Milan, France, Bremen, Takeda, an Indian minor, some Aztec country... Hard to decide...

EU3 Complete

Sweden!!! Firstly, it's my home country. Secondly I'd like to test my ability against the HRE + Denmark/Norway and Russia. Gives a good mix of everything. Longing to make the Baltic Sea a Mare Nostrum.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast