Closed Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: first country to start as?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TimurLank View Post
    Ottoman Empire, can't wait to see all features and "uniqueness" they added for that one.
    What are those features and "uniqueness"?

Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    What are those features and "uniqueness"?
    I obviously don't know, that's why I "can't wait" to see them. But if we take eu3 mod as an example, where there was really quite a few new things that made playing OE plausible, and considering this is FULL game, I am sure it will be really nice to play with Ottoman Empire.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I obviously don't know, that's why I "can't wait" to see them. But if we take eu3 mod as an example, where there was really quite a few new things that made playing OE plausible, and considering this is FULL game, I am sure it will be really nice to play with Ottoman Empire.
    I don't think there are any unique Ottoman features right now. Zolotaya has said she would like to expand on the OE latter on though.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Ottoman Empire, can't wait to see all features and "uniqueness" they added for that one. It's probably the most interesting country to play with in that time frame, it certainly was in EU3, and I think it will be in MM too.
    I think they will replace it with the Byzzies :P
    OP = original poster

TS = transport stream

Another thing, soldier have morale, clergy are moral, well hopefully at least.

Hopefully this is cleared up now.

Not really my first game, but one of my first ambitious games will be attempting to centralize the Hansa as Lubeck. Play the Baltic and North Sea powers against eachother, establish a limited but meaningful territorial presence in the Baltic and North Germany. Fight foreign mercanatlism at every turn and be the Bank of Protestantism in the Empire. Maybe try to establish a few colonies is the New World, East Indies and Africa late game.

Most of all I'd like to explore explore how the new trade and HRE systems. I found centralizing the Hansa in MMtM to be one of the most fun games, though it sometimes felt hampered by game mechanics. I'd really like to test the limits of trade powers, seeing how trade posts might survive till late game. Along with trying out the naval and merchant marine systems, and maybe using spies to generate claims on a limited German hinterland should be great fun.

Romanian Head of State cocodtim's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome Gold500k club

Blog Entries
    Definitely Moldavia first! A high pile of orthodox purity and the strong defender of Europa against the terrible Ottoman Empire.

And then maybe i would like to try some HRE country - maybe Baden, Wurttemberg or even try the Golden Horde.
    EU3 single-player, multi-player, modder, failed AAR writer
    EU:Rome single-player, multi-player, modder
    HOI3 single-player, multi-player
    Victoria single-player
    Crusader Kings single-player

Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Probably finish the Portugal tutorial first to see how trading and colonising work.

Then Ethiopia, trying to survive against the Mameluks / Ottomans, beef up my military and capture the Horn of Africa and the souther part of Arabia. And for roleplaying reasons start spreading the oriental faith in the Mameluk territories, if there are covert means to do so :P

Then maybe Hungary and trying to dabble into HRE politics, building up a coalition against the Ottomans and extend my sphere of influance to the Balkans.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerogre View Post
    Probably finish the Portugal tutorial first to see how trading and colonising work.

Then Ethiopia, trying to survive against the Mameluks / Ottomans, beef up my military and capture the Horn of Africa and the souther part of Arabia. And for roleplaying reasons start spreading the oriental faith in the Mameluk territories, if there are covert means to do so :P

Then maybe Hungary and trying to dabble into HRE politics, building up a coalition against the Ottomans and extend my sphere of influance to the Balkans.
    Don't forget that Hungary start the game PU'd by Austria.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

That's the trick
    By the way, only a few months after the earliest start date that PU disappears and he can play without it.

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCereal View Post
    Don't forget that Hungary start the game PU'd by Austria.
    Start around 1465 when Matthias Corvinus is the undisputed king of Hungary? Then follow suit and humiliate the HRE repeatedly.

People that start the game after the earliest start dates are cheats
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos XV View Post
    Start around 1465 when Matthias Corvinus is the undisputed king of Hungary? Then follow suit and humiliate the HRE repeatedly.
    That's almost too easy. I played a few games from Mathias' era, but from there it is very easy to do whatever you want with a little sense of strategy. Conquer PLC, dissolve the HRE, cripple the OE... They can be done form any start date with Hungary, but from 1465 it's almost a piece of cake

General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    Knights of Saint John, was originally going to do the Ottomans, but I will wait until they change some of their features to make them more plausible (get on it ubik *cracks whip*=P) They are going to be hard at first, but they will make an interesting first AAR ever for me XD

I guess I will either go Venice again, as I've played many times in EU3, or try to unite the Dutch lands, as I did thrice already in CK2. Afterwards, well, there is always Ireland.

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    Conquer PLC, dissolve the HRE, cripple the OE...
    Hm. There should be an "install puppet" war aim vs elective monarchies me thinks. >:}

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Béal Fierste, pero mi corazón está en España.
    Quote Originally Posted by gliomarto View Post
    I guess I will either go Venice again, as I've played many times in EU3, or try to unite the Dutch lands, as I did thrice already in CK2. Afterwards, well, there is always Ireland.
    Hmm, i never thought of Venice, that could be good to learn the merchant and economy, i might do that, or genoa if they are in it
    ن
    Irish Brigade Infantry Commander in the Victoria 2 Forum Revolt.

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our children."

"And the world did gaze, in deep amaze
    At those fearless men, but few
    Who bore the fight that freedom's light
    Might shine through the foggy dew."

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    Hmm, i never thought of Venice, that could be good to learn the merchant and economy, i might do that, or genoa if they are in it
    Aah, vile Genoese, to raze that wicked city has always been my first target in any game (yes, even as Flanders or Ireland)

Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    That's almost too easy. I played a few games from Mathias' era, but from there it is very easy to do whatever you want with a little sense of strategy. Conquer PLC, dissolve the HRE, cripple the OE... They can be done form any start date with Hungary, but from 1465 it's almost a piece of cake
    Wow, it seems I still have much to learn how to best use what I have in the game!

In the mod it was relatively easy because you could exploit the flaws of the original game. We tried to close these doors in our game so it will be much harder now

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Romania - just beyond the edge of the map.
    Is there anything in and around China that can form (some version or other of) it and isn't confucian? Then that. Conquer and reinvent China and if there's time show the Muslims and Westerners what having the mandate of Heaven means. For them it will mean, hopefully, a lot of pain and humiliation. I may also eat their colonial empires and create a Chinese Buddhist/Tengriist America.

Alternatively, Moldova, 1457 (Stefan the Great). Try to destroy the Ottomans, if possible together with Persia and Hungary or Poland. Take the Western Black Sea Coast down to and including the New Rome. Then form Romania and try to destroy the HRE (should be doable if I don't actually try to conquer Germany).

Another option is Vijayanagar or whoever starts as the top dog Hindu, or is in the best position to start some feces with the Muslims up north. Form India, expand and colonize into Indonesia, then Oceania in general. Smack the white devils around (this means Japan, but it may come of me reading Shogun one time too many) and levy on them the most brutal vassalization regimen possible, or even try to turn Japan into a wasteland, then the other white devils if they interfere with me.
    Last edited by Rotten Venetic; 18-05-2012 at 12:41.
    The perversity of the universe always tends toward a maximum — Finagle's Law
    If it's worth fighting for, it's worth fighting dirty for — Murphy's Laws of Military Operations
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity — Hanlon's Razor
    Never attribute to goodness that which is adequately explained by intelligence — My corolarry

Closed Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast