Closed Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: first country to start as?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Well, a time ago, I said that I will play with Savoy, Oman and a Japanese minor at the start... Well, here, I show WHY I want them, and the objectives that I will have... All of them will be after play the tutorial, of course.

Savoy:Small enough to no overwhelm yourself, and big enough to be powerful. It is in the mediterraneum, and in the HRE, then, I can experiment both the HRE system and the berber piracy one. Rich lands, if I pick the right ideas and set the right sliders, I can become an economical power. I will try to conquer some provinces in North Italy, and, if I am lucky, form Italy (even when I doubt it). I will try to become a kingdom too (Savoy start as a county, at least in the mod)

Oman: I love this country. It is the only one ibbadi country in the world, thing that add a special feeling to them. It isnt tribal, but has tribal provinces, then, I can deal with tribes without the disadvantages of be one. Almost fully modernized, I can modernize relatively easily, at least, easier than with a lot of other countries. Once I have modernized, I will try to colonize/conquer the East African coast, at least parts of it, and some ports in India, and I will try to become the biggest naval power in the region... Until the Portuguese/British/French/Whoever become the naval power of Europe arrive :P Maybe, only MAYBE, will try to unify the paeninsula... But only if I see that I am powerful enough, and that I can administrate it properly.

Japanese clan (probably, Uesugi. Maybe Ashikaga): Well. They are cool countries, with a lot of new, cool features.... I will have a hard, funny time unifying Japan, or, at least, trying to do it. If I play with a non-shogun clan, I will try to disband the shogunate, to unify Japan under a new shogun. If I play as Ashikaga, will try to not form Japan, but keep the old shogunate alive, restoring his old power, and acting as the "police of Japan" (In Gameplay, I will try to get the maximun "Bakufu Authority", without change my tag to Japan, acting as the "good guy", and protecting the clans form the menaces of other countries, and the other clans...) If I unify Japan as other clan, I think that I will try to conquer Korea, or, even, Colonize Taiwan and Philippines/some Pacific Islands. Also, I think that I will become Christian if I see that it worth it... I think that a Catholic nation in East Asia must be cool :P

I think that all of them are quite plausible, and not REALLY ambitious... I will see if Im lucky XD Once I have completed all these three games, and the tutorial, I think that I will try to unify Persia as Shirvan (as in my actual MMU game), or play as Austria/Brandemburg and try to become the Great Power of the Empire...

Quote Originally Posted by SerialCereal View Post
    Yeah... erm, good luck with that. Pretty sure you will need frivolous amounts of luck in order to achieve. Maybe you should read the dev diaries, as you seem to have relatively understanding as to what this game is supposed to entail. Not intending to sounds offensive here btw.
    No I have played EU3 with the MM mod and I do know how hard things can be . . a good part of the south-indian provinces belong to my cultural group though . . so holding 40 % of India wouldnt be that tough . . I have also gone above my Infamy limit playing as Travancore and iv found that its the easiest country to do so with . . the major powers to the north are not united with your other neighbors and theyv got their own wars gpoing most of the time with countries they cant afford to ignore. Infact i got away with my infamy relatively scott-free caus of the legendary Indian cohesion :-D.

but yes holding the whole of India, including defeating the Delhi sultanate and putting down adamant rebels who surface regularly will be tough . . but once I manage to incorporate the Indian subcontinent successfully (ok IF) . . taking over a few Portuguese/English provinces temprorarily may not be that tough . . well Ceylonese kicked me out in 5 years after I had taken them over and theyr my next-door neighbors . . England is going to be a nightmare being culturally a diffrent world but hey! . . nothing wrong wid trying . . definitely possible to take over at least one freaking province and holding it for a couple of years . . may mean letting rebels run amok in my other holdings for a few years though . . but the satisfaction will be worth it :-D

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Thinking of doing a Dai Viet game after the tutorial and conquering all of the South-East Asian "subcontinent" (all of asia east of India and south of China), then attempting to culture-convert as much of it as possible, aiming for a "one-color-all-mapmodes" area. Maybe challenge Ming or expand into India if it goes well!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Indochina? Likely. East of India? Probably. South of China? Unlikely. "One-color-all-mapmodes"? Impossible! Culture-conversion is very-very hard in MMtG, nearly impossible. And with such a fragmented region, it will be hard to keep your empire together.
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    Indochina? Likely. East of India? Probably. South of China? Unlikely. "One-color-all-mapmodes"? Impossible! Culture-conversion is very-very hard in MMtG, nearly impossible. And with such a fragmented region, it will be hard to keep your empire together.
    Gah, please just take my money.

After reading through the manual and now trekking through the developer diaries, and not having played the original mod for EU3, it is fair to say: I am completely intimidated by this game.

So, as a result, my first game shall be with a small, but stable, state. Most likely a realm in Japan.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Kluska View Post
    Most likely a realm in Japan.
    Japan is a really interesting place to play... And quite unstable :P In my game as Date, in less than 30 years there were at least 4 differents countries that get the shgunate and the Ashikaga clan as vassal... After destroying their last owner, of course XD

Finally, I become their liege, and, for some years, I fought with the Hosokawa to keep them... A really great campaign. I finally united Japan, but, in the way, I almost get destroyed by some coalitions against me. Including an epic last war, the "War of the two shoguns", between me, the new unifier of Japan, and the Shimazu clan, claiming to be the real shogun of Japan, and defending the old feudal relations...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Tapochki View Post
    Thinking of doing a Dai Viet game after the tutorial and conquering all of the South-East Asian "subcontinent" (all of asia east of India and south of China), then attempting to culture-convert as much of it as possible, aiming for a "one-color-all-mapmodes" area. Maybe challenge Ming or expand into India if it goes well!
    Beware breaking the Chinese Order...or the game will punish you Nice aim.
    Magna Mundi old beta tester
    From Manipur to Milan, each nation has a story to tell.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Clophiroth View Post
    Japan is a really interesting place to play... And quite unstable :P In my game as Date, in less than 30 years there were at least 4 differents countries that get the shgunate and the Ashikaga clan as vassal... After destroying their last owner, of course XD

Finally, I become their liege, and, for some years, I fought with the Hosokawa to keep them... A really great campaign. I finally united Japan, but, in the way, I almost get destroyed by some coalitions against me. Including an epic last war, the "War of the two shoguns", between me, the new unifier of Japan, and the Shimazu clan, claiming to be the real shogun of Japan, and defending the old feudal relations...
    That sounds amazing!

I actually crave this game now. Just to ask: did the game actually assign the title of the war "War of the Two Shoguns", or did you come up with that yourself?

Either way, it's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    Indochina? Likely. East of India? Probably. South of China? Unlikely.
    Wait, what? I'm talking about a single region when using all of these terms (I did not use them separately)!

But yes, the region is fragmented - despite this, I doubt it will be very hard to keep together, as it is not very big. The first order of business would obviously be to create a "culture-bridge" (probably at the expense of the cham provinces) to connect the vietnamese provinces to the khmer ones - they are in our culture group (or at least were in the mod), so there's no need to convert them. This will also set down a solid foundation for my "empire", if you can call something next to Ming that.
    From there, it won't be all that hard. Siam, the Laotian minors, and Myanmar aren't that much to rule, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by LoK-y-Yo View Post
    Beware breaking the Chinese Order...or the game will punish you Nice aim.
    I'll just stay all nice subservient when it comes to the Ming-o's. I'll play the loyal pup... So long as they don't show weakness (like getting whupped up by Qing)

... I'll just stay all nice subservient when it comes to the Ming-o's. I'll play the loyal pup... So long as they don't show weakness (like getting whupped up by Qing)
    Interesting .. you first express a desire to expand into the Dai Vet (sp) region and then you say you will be Ming's loyal partner. With the Tributary system, it will be next to impossible to do both.

Even if you begin there and spread west/south Ming will object to its "subjects" being treated so poorly, so you still have the same issue as before.

Papal state- what can it be transformed into (italy,some kind of kingdom of heaven or maybe heir of roman empire after conquering constantinopol)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kluska View Post
    did the game actually assign the title of the war "War of the Two Shoguns", or did you come up with that yourself?
    I assigned it :P Im talkng about the mod, btw... Im not beta-tester or similar XD Then, expect even more "amazingness" (I doubt that that word exists...) in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Clophiroth View Post
    I assigned it :P Im talkng about the mod, btw... Im not beta-tester or similar XD Then, expect even more "amazingness" (I doubt that that word exists...) in the game
    Ahh, okay. Gotcha'~.

Nevertheless, I really can't wait to craft my own story in the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    Interesting .. you first express a desire to expand into the Dai Vet (sp) region and then you say you will be Ming's loyal partner. With the Tributary system, it will be next to impossible to do both.

Even if you begin there and spread west/south Ming will object to its "subjects" being treated so poorly, so you still have the same issue as before.
    Surely I'll be able to make dear ol' Ming-o angry at their other pups and then bash them "with blessing and permission"?

Surely I'll be able to make dear ol' Ming-o angry at their other pups and then bash them "with blessing and permission"?
    idk ... will you?

If they appeal to mother China and complain about the petulant child that always provokes a fight, will mother China be content to see her babies bullied, or will mother China do what it did historically and try to install a new dynasty that is much more agreeable to its wishes in the bully's lands?

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    idk ... will you?

If they appeal to mother China and complain about the petulant child that always provokes a fight, will mother China be content to see her babies bullied, or will mother China do what it did historically and try to install a new dynasty that is much more agreeable to its wishes in the bully's lands?
    A mother will sometimes have a "favored child", completely ignorant of it's stomping on her other children, merely because the "bully" can keep up appearances... As long all seems justified... The question now is, will I be able to deceive the chinese?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

To cite a classic here: "White and sea..."
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

A mother will sometimes have a "favored child", completely ignorant of it's stomping on her other children, merely because the "bully" can keep up appearances... As long all seems justified... The question now is, will I be able to deceive the chinese?
    I look forward to see your game(s) results... perhaps you will write an AAR for people to enjoy. Good luck in your quest.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Steel! View Post
    [Denmark is] not pretentious Sweden thinking we can go around and construct a lasting empire on the doorsteps of two or three land-behemoths.
    Beating up Russia isn't that hard, just wait for the PLC to form, get an alliance with them, keep good relations and use them as a sledgehammer against Russia, the other way around works too, but it's always fun to landlock Russia.

Sweden: Blitz them!!!

Russia: Noo!! We are busy with poland, they are huge and dangerous!

Sweden: Province plix! Nao!

Russia: Ok, take these.

Russia: Noes, our last port!!!

Russia: ... *executes whomever was responsible for foreign policy*

EDIT: Higher land tech helps too, was quite easy in the mod post 1650 when Russia has gotten bloated, even easier if you go for SciRev.
    OP = original poster

TS = transport stream

Another thing, soldier have morale, clergy are moral, well hopefully at least.

Hopefully this is cleared up now.

Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ottoman Empire, can't wait to see all features and "uniqueness" they added for that one. It's probably the most interesting country to play with in that time frame, it certainly was in EU3, and I think it will be in MM too.

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast