Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: first country to start as?

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Teutonic Order! For the glory of christendom!

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by zonkie View Post
    Teutonic Order is one of my favourites!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zonkie View Post
    I think you should play as them For Germany and Christendom.

>.>

<.<

Eeerrr...

I always recommend Milan, and people always tell me I'm wrong. I'll go away.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Sanctioned OT Hall Monitor Thistletooth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ivashanko View Post
    The dev. said that it will be 'fairly easy' to change religions in game- I'm assuming that after the change things get intense for a while, but the change itself shouldn't be impossible like it was in the last game sans mods/cheats.
    There must be some limits to that, though. Switzerland going Confucianist shouldn't be possible without outright cheating.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Thistletooth View Post
    There must be some limits to that, though. Switzerland going Confucianist shouldn't be possible without outright cheating.
    We were just referring to the game's moddability.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Personally I'm either gonna start with England or Brandenburg. A Russian state would be pretty cool to start with also. Would try to trigger the Russian Revolution of some sort WAY early.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Savoy, Omán, some Japanese clan. Not in that order, but, they will be my three first games.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Mossi.
    We're still flying

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

After the tutorial, the first state maybe Poland, it's a really good nation to begin with.
    I never player Manchu in EU3, so my first serious game would certainly be Jianzhou Jurchens:
    1. Unite Jurchen states
    2. Make mongol tribes bow to Manchu domination
    3. Conquest of China proper

I'm also looking forward to a Kurland game.
    PAX SINICA - EU4 Mod about China, Sinosphere and other stuffs.

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    Mossi.
    ????

So, you did not get fedup with the present tribal government troubles!? Or are you up for a BIG challenge?

By the way, try some OPMs, 2PMs or 3PM for stability balance...
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Imperial Guard Conscript Delta107's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Venice/Portugal
    Bridling the Horses of Saint Mark.
    "Full scan. The Emperor protects. But it does no harm to double check."
    Captain Severus of the Ultramarines

Do you want to be blessed by the True Pantheon? Do you want to be favoured by the Four like a true son? Sign up now and undertake the Pilgrimage!!!

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Teutonic Order is one of my favourites!
    Good taste.

Hope we have the choice to form Prussia after we're tired of beating up the slavic nations and the infidels.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

So, you did not get fedup with the present tribal government troubles!? Or are you up for a BIG challenge?
    At least I'm not the only one in trouble, my neighbours have the same problems, I just have to be better than them

By the way, try some OPMs, 2PMs or 3PM for stability balance...
    Jolof here I come
    We're still flying

Darkest HourDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    Mossi.
    Wiki has this to say about the region:
    "Recent archeological discoveries at Bura in southwest Niger and in adjacent southwest Burkina Faso have documented the existence of the iron-age Bura culture from the 3rd century CE to the 13th century CE."

And about the Mossi Kingdoms in particular: "They followed and still follow traditional African faiths."

Good luck

BL-logic
    Event Scripter

The Mossi immigrated into Burkina Faso from northern Ghana around the turn of the 11th century. They displaced the original inhabitants known as the Yonyonse, and began forming complex states with strong militaries focused on the use of cavalry. The Mossi successfully defended their new home from Mandinka and Songhai Muslims and even captured territory in Mali at times. They followed and still follow traditional African faiths.
    See, I have cavalry, so there is hope! I'll unite the tribes and valiantly spread the fetishist faith!... or die trying!
    We're still flying

We were just referring to the game's moddability.
    The dev. at the time wasn't- though I can't remember what thread it was in, s/he said that it would be 'fairly easy to change religions', but of course said there would be limitations, such as that the nation has to know the religion exists, and I'd assume have people of that religion in its boarders.

I guess that changed though? Too bad.

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ivashanko View Post
    The dev. at the time wasn't-
    The dev was me and yes I was. And I keep it is fairly easy to change religions... but in modding terms. Meaning, it's easy to mod religions in or out.

Just to answer your doubt, under most circunstancies its not easy to change religions in the game... unless forced, in which case it is enough to lose the right war.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Icela- Denmark! On an epic quest of conquering Sweden!

Croatia/Ragusa
    I'm so edgy, I've been called a sword.
    I'm so rational, I've been mistaken for Descartes.
    I'm so noble, I've been crowned a King.
    I'm such a rebel, I rebelled from the Rebel Alliance, and then rebelled from that Rebellion.
    I have such little admiration, I shot myself in the face twice in order to prove how little of an achievement surviving a gunshot is.
    I'm so manly, my muscles have muscles, and those muscles work out regularly.
    - Morgothic

"...I am more Irish than all of you..." - LYNCHY

A Central Asian Horde for first game, then Castille and then a Japanese Daimyo.
    Destroying blobs since 1995

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast