• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(387415)

Recruit
1 Badges
Oct 3, 2011
  • The Kings Crusade
i tried to install it on 2 different laptops and the campaign map was black with red n white dots of snow. i downloaded it off of steam. please get back to me i have my dxdiag report but i cant attach a document.

i tried to install it on 2 different laptops and the campaign map was black with red n white dots of snow. i downloaded it off of steam. please get back to me i have my dxdiag report but i cant attach a document.

The first thing to check is that both steam and the game are up to date. You have checked for steam updates and are using version 1.03 of the game?

both are updated but i dont know how to check for what version it is...

The version number is shown on the screen when the game starts and you see the menu. Lower right corner of the screen. 1.03?

yes its v1.03 any suggestions?

Did you have any programs runing in the background while downloading or installing the game so that the installation may have been corrupted? If so de- and reinstall.

Same question but while running the game - anything except Lionheart and Steam running?

The minimum requirements of the game are all met by your system?

The video driver is current?

The game is registered correctly in your games library in your steam account?

DirectX 9.0c and the PhysX component were successfully installed during the game´s installation?

Last edited:
no progams are running while the game is running nor while i installed the game.. i uninstalled the game through steam and then reinstalled it with nothing running and it still has the same issue. yes both my comps are above the min requirements....how do i check to see if my video driver is current?? and yes the game is registered correctly through steam.. Also how do i check to see if DirectX 9.0c and the PhysX component were installed correctly? when i downloaded the game the MB amounts downloaded was less than the total MB needed to download but it jumped to finished and steam said it was ready to play...
Thanks for getting back with me so quickly its much appreciated! the game looks fun and ive beat all the total war games many times and this looks to be sort of like crusades total war if not better. would it be of any help to you if i give you remote access to my comp and you could take a look?

...how do i check to see if my video driver is current??

Depends on your operating system and the graphics card you have.

and yes the game is registered correctly through steam.. Also how do i check to see if DirectX 9.0c and the PhysX component were installed correctly?

For DirectX run "dxdiag". It should list DirectX 9.0c in the first tab and there should be no problems listed in the other tabs when it works.

For PhysX info go to www.nvidia.com and search for physX in the search field.

.. would it be of any help to you if i give you remote access to my comp and you could take a look?

Never give anyone you don´t know remote access to your comp. You never know who might do what harm to it.

Last edited: