+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flag a character - a suggestion for the user interface

Field Marshal Emperor of Europe's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

A playboy penthouse, smack in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark

Flag a character - a suggestion for the user interface

Hi

Assume you're playing as the King of Denmark. You're busy bringing the gospel to the heathens in the Baltic, but you need to be ready if an opportunity presents itself in Sweden or Saxony.

So how about this: You select the Swedish king and the submenu "Flag Character". Here you select that you want to be notified if he dies and if his spouse dies. So you're ready to either take advantage of a weak heir ascending to the throne or marry your daughter to the grief struck King.

I realize that the current notification settings probably can inform me of this already. But I don't want to be notified when the King of Far-Awayistan loses his wife. That's just information clutter. I want to be able to select the rulers around me and select for which specific events in their life I need a special notification.

Now, is that a great idea or a grand idea?

rgds/EoE
    Uhm... nice province. I
    think I'll take it.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown Effect
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Sounds like a good idea. That is something I would want/use
    Ohh My Herregud!

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

As far as i understood we would have advisors, so I think a "diplomatic" or "foreign" advisor, could flag as you say other characters, informing you about what happens with his life
    "Slan's Special Award in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 AAR Contest For The Best AAR Style"
    Crusader Kings II: How to Rule videos -ALL 13 PARTS ARE FULLY UPLOADED ENJOY-
    The Livestream Channel itself

Great idea, I'd definitely use it

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Joelainen View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. That is something I would want/use
    I agree I wold also like to use it but on the Danish king instead

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

All of my want.

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

maybe a kind a region based filter for history log could fit here
    membre du Réseau Gamers et Stratégie, tout sur CK2&EU4 en français

Les 3 Tours / The 3 Towers : economy, cathedrals and everything for a real medieval flavour -NEW-
    ARKOpack Armoiries & Interface : a CoA and Interface mod
    La Pléiade : Europa universalis IV (vraiment) en français !
    Member of H.I.P : Historical Immersion Project

Mini MODs is the answer !

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Seems like a working idea. I'd use it. Sadly, it's probably too late to add now so we'll have to wait for it to be patched or sold as a DLC if Paradox decides that they like the idea.

Which I think they should. =)
    ...A flower of iron, a flower of death, beautiful, unbendable and deadly.

So first you announce Crusader Kings 2, then a game with Crusader Kings elements set in feudal Japan. Why not just go the whole hog and give away a rock of Paradox brand crack with every pre order?
    -Philios82

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown Effect
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Well there is still 4 months left to the release and it dosen't really sound like something hard to do, so they can probably add it if they decide to
    Ohh My Herregud!

Patron Saint, Lost Epic Causes .Spartan's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and Gold
    The Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I support having such a feature as it would be nice to have a "Personage Event Index" for lack of a better term for now.
    The most difficult pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much and power over little - Herodotus

Isn't such message filter already implemented in Sengoku? Or do you mean something different?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

As far as I know, the filter in Sengoku is only general (your family, your vassals, all rulers), but what the OP means is to flag one specific character and get notifications regarding him/her (like you want to know how Edgar the true king of England is doing after the Norman conquest, simply for fun).

This would be a good idea. In DVIP I occasionally had the urge to look at how the Nubian royal family was doing in exile, but obviously this could be used for much more practical purposes.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

But you CAN select message filter character by character in Sengoku (right click on portrait, select lower right from opening icons)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Ithink what you guys mean is Subscription or to "Subscribe" to a character. Where you'd only need to click a button on the character's page and you'd be given updates on every bit of news regarding a subscribed character OR, if that's too much, is to add a "Subcribed Characters" tab somewhere along where tabs fit and inside this would be a list of characters you've subscribed to so that you can just click on a character's name/pic skipping the search process.

And now that I've mentioned search, a search tab for names/provinces/titles would be neat too.
    /MCMLXXXIX

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Europe View Post
    Hi

Assume you're playing as the King of Denmark. You're busy bringing the gospel to the heathens in the Baltic, but you need to be ready if an opportunity presents itself in Sweden or Saxony.

So how about this: You select the Swedish king and the submenu "Flag Character". Here you select that you want to be notified if he dies and if his spouse dies. So you're ready to either take advantage of a weak heir ascending to the throne or marry your daughter to the grief struck King.

I realize that the current notification settings probably can inform me of this already. But I don't want to be notified when the King of Far-Awayistan loses his wife. That's just information clutter. I want to be able to select the rulers around me and select for which specific events in their life I need a special notification.

Now, is that a great idea or a grand idea?

rgds/EoE
    give this man a place among paradox and a throne made of Bacon. I really want this in every game. You are my god!!q11!a

M'agrada !
    I support this idea wholeheartedly !
    i si demà no tornarà, al lloc on et vaig deixar.. vull que recordes que un dia joves com nosaltres vam marxar a lluitar, armats d'amor i coratge i un clavell roig amagat, combatrem fins l'últim dia sota bandera de la llibertat!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneLegioMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Mount & Blade: Warband

All of my support! All of it!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Great idea! Would love to see this in the game. Maybe something for the first DLC...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Adding my voice to the others saying I like this idea. I know in CK1, especially as the game goes on, you can have a large list of individuals you want to keep track of for a whole host of reasons. That being said, even if the notification triggers on "something happened involving character X" that'd be enough for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast