• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Party: Nacionales
Candidate: Myself (Manuel Carrera)
Coalition: Coalition with Conservadores
Coalition Candidate: Romano
Press Act: Abstain
Industrialization Encouragement Act: Yes

Señor Carrow, I would like to know why you wish for us to form a coalition with our enemies here in Chile?

Thank you for your support fellow true Nacionales, we shall continue this grand coalition show the non-believers that this economic plan will work.

As the Americans say, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

However, I do not believe it truly matters, as I think I am the only one who will be voting for a Liberales-Nacionales coalition. In the end it is only another vote for you, Señor Carrera.

Last edited:
"I am not sure if there is a candidate I overtly support, so for now I will abstain in the elections. Furthermore, I say YES to this Industrialization Encouragement act, and ABSTAIN on the press act."

-General Cesar Roseno

Candidate: Rivera
Coalition Candidate: Rivera
Press Act: Yes

My platform if I am chosen to lead the Nacionales will be:

Economic Policy- State capitalism. The nation should invest in new industries in partnership with the capitalists. In particular a small arms, cement and winery.

Military- Jingoism. We must maintain our military readiness and be prepared to defend ourselves if threatened. I also will expand our navy.

Religion- Moralism. We should maintain the traditional role of the church in Chilean society.

Citizenship- Limited Citizenship. While some immigration is good for our nation, immigrants should assimilate to our culture before being granted full political rights.

Trade - Protectionism. Tariffs should not be increased, but we must have the flexibility to increase them if it is in the national interest.

I am against a coalition and would like to see a full choice of candidates in the election.

Senator Francisco Rivera

Last edited:
Here's a second update. Too early to call any important trends. Liberales and Monarquicos need more votes for standing. We have about 18 votes. Coalition between Conservadores and Nacionales seems likely, but not certain.

Liberales:
Coalition with Conservadores: 3
Abstain:

Emilio Romano ((Pallen)): 1
Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93)): 2

Total: 3

Conservadores:
Coalition with Nacionales: 3
Abstain: 1

Emilio Romano ((Pallen)): 4

Total: 4

Nacionales:
Carrera ((King50000)): 4
Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 4

Coalition with Liberales: 1
Coalition with Conservadores: 5
Coalition with Monárquicos:
No Coalition: 2

Romano ((Pallen)): 2
Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 3
Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93)): 1
Abstain: 1

Total: 8

Monárquicos:
Coalition with Conservadores: 1
No Coalition: 1

Romano ((Pallen)): 1
Tamiuszski ((tamius23)): 1

Total: 2

Press Act:
Yes: 14
No: 2
Abstain: 2

Industrial Encouragement Act:
Yes: 12
No: 3
Abstain: 3

((We're using a semi-open primary system here, so if you're an independent you can vote in the party of your choice -- same as last time.))

Party: Conservadores
Candidate: Romano
Coalition: with Nacionales

Party: Conservadores
Coalition: No Coalition
Coalition Candidate: Romano ((You can elaborate further in this row if need be.))

Why should the biggest party in Chile pander to the extremist who left it? We are big enough to see off any other parties regardless, and with our policies and no one else's in power!

So as a reminder, guys, you need at least four votes in the primaries to field a candidate in the election with a coalition. Neither the Liberales nor the Monarquicos have yet reached this threshold. The Liberales need one more and the Monarquicos need two...

((Welsh, the Nacionales have more members than the Conservadores xD))

((I think we have gained a few new members as far as ive seen, but i do believe its not as many as nacionales, thats true))

So as a reminder, guys, you need at least four votes in the primaries to field a candidate in the election with a coalition. Neither the Liberales nor the Monarquicos have yet reached this threshold. The Liberales need one more and the Monarquicos need two...

((so if only the conservadores and the nationales qualify for the election then there cant be a coalition))

((so if only the conservadores and the nationales qualify for the election then there cant be a coalition))

You said it, not me. If there is one coalition candidate... I'll think about what should happen.

Candidate: Manuel Carrera
Coalition Candidate: Romano