• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"I, General Cesar Carlos Roseno, will not run for office this election. Senator Romano is doing well, and as such should not currently be removed from office."

-General Cesar Roseno

Last edited:
"I, General Cesar Carlos Roseno, will not run for office this election. Senator Romero is doing well, and as such should not currently be removed from office."

-General Cesar Roseno

What's that thing you keep bugging me about, Cesar?

>.>

Your non-candidacy is noted.

I would personally like to suggest expanding the vote. Democracy should come to all members of society, not just those of the landed gentry (a relic left behind from Spanish colonialism), nor those with the money to have their voice be heard. Obviously we cannot immediately expand the vote to everyone, but I believe allowing the middle classes to vote is a step in the right direction.

However, I would not oppose any other reforms that are proposed, except for any change to our Senate, as I believe it is fine the way it is.

Last edited:
I would humbly suggest to allow papers to be privately run, however, the government should be able to block any publication of any material that contradicts or undermines Chile's national interests. That, I believe, would be a step forward to a freer Chile.

- Colonel Alejandro Cortez

((Reform to Censored Press))

If no Liberale runs, I could run again, since I successfully ran for Mayor of Santiago two years ago! I warned you all that government interference in the market would harm the economy: let's get moving again with a Santa Rosa administration; I will return this nation to its successful policies of laissez-faire capitalism, free trade, pluralism, full citizenship, and moderate war policies. I support political reform (TH, does Censorship mean we have a State Press?), and I will lead Chile back to economic prosperity. President Romano, unlike Minister Romano, has proven to be a failure.

Moving Chile Forward, Antonio de Santa Rosa

((Also, can anyone tell me more about the reforms? Since I don't have the game, I don't really know what they do. Much obliged!))

How dare you talk of the Presidente in such a way! Perhaps it was wise to remove you from command, else we may be seeing a coup from you.

I myself would support State Controlled Union, to help encourage our people to become workers in our factories.

I respect democracy, sir, but the economy is stagnating, as I knew it would. I respect the president, since he bravely stood up against Zepeda, but his presidency has seen our markets flounder. I believe my policies would spur an economic recovery.

Why would I have rebel, sir? Why would you besmirch my character like that? I opposed the coup, just like you; you, for hating Badajoz, myself, out of fear of authoritarianism.

I do believe that myself and the rest of the Nacionales and perhaps even many of the Conservadores will disagree with you and insist on the continued success of Presidente Romano. You cannot honestly expect for each year to bring success with our economy when dealing with a free-market, whether or not we reserve the right to intervene or not.

Yes, but we've had nearly half a decade of decay, stagnation, and rising unemployment. A free market may not guarantee economic growth, but it is certainly better at expanding than the government, especially if we reduce taxes. We can make up the difference by temporarily raising the tariff rate until government revenues return to normal. As well, we should begin reform, which the Conservadores, in general, are loathe to enact. The Liberales must take action to provide equal voting rights to all Chilean citizens, to liberalize the market and the press, and to promote freedom and growth, not the stagnation and restriction of the past five years!

I will run for the Partido Nacionale nomination. Our industrial sector and military industries have not grown because we are relying on the capitalists to build new factories, and they have failed to do so. I will once again propose as my platform that the government invest in a small arms factory, a winery and a cement factory. We need a state capitalist policy to kickstart our industry. The government will work in partnership with the capitalists to expand our industry.

Senator Francisco Rivera

Well, here's a middle of the night electoral update thanks to sleep-onset insomnia. (Hello Brits and other Europeans!)

Liberales Candidates:
Antonio de Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93))

Conservadores Candidates:
((None yet))

Nacionales Candidates:
Francisco Rivera ((atomicsoda))

Monarquicos Candidates:
Witold Tamiuszski ((tamius23))

((Our current press law is State Press Only. Upperhouse is Two Per State. Voting System is Jefferson Method. Trade Unions are Illegal.))

"I understand that Mayor de Santa, as the opposition has to portray me as ill as possible, it is the way politics work I suppose. Nonetheless I will continue to run for President for another term for the Conservadores in hopefully another successfull coalition with Partido Nacionale, my administration has managed to end the war in Argentina with a victory, and sadly this war has also delayed some of the plans this administration had for Chile, which is for example industrilization. I shall present my new platform later, once it has been polished.

About a reform, It is true that as a Conservadore, as the name implies I wish to conserve the Chilean Nation, but that does not exclude changes for the greater good, this only excludes rash and great changes in the matter of minutes, ect a revolution. However I do wish to propose a Censored Press. I feel it is time for the Chileans to be able to make their own papers, under the government administration, contrary to a state owned press. As the situation in Chile has improved significently under my administration I believe that it is the time to allow private presses, and mabye sometime in the future allow a Free press, depending on the situation of the time. Nonetheless this is a step further towards Democracy."

- President Romano

Fellow Chileans, it's time to give the Middle Class the vote. For too long have the Upper Classes hold a monopoly on voting. As a free nation it's imperative that the productive and educated middle classes are involved in our great democracy. I therefor propose a Weighted Wealth voting franchise, that would still give the Upper Classes more influence, but will involve the Middle Classes in the decision making progress. I will use my influence on the Senate to try get this reform passed. I hope señor Presidente and all the Political Parties will back it.

Karl Weissmüller

((good day to all you sleep-deprived american. It's about 2pm over here in Europe :D)).

If no Liberale runs, I could run again, since I successfully ran for Mayor of Santiago two years ago! I warned you all that government interference in the market would harm the economy: let's get moving again with a Santa Rosa administration; I will return this nation to its successful policies of laissez-faire capitalism, free trade, pluralism, full citizenship, and moderate war policies. I support political reform (TH, does Censorship mean we have a State Press?), and I will lead Chile back to economic prosperity. President Romano, unlike Minister Romano, has proven to be a failure.

Moving Chile Forward, Antonio de Santa Rosa

((Also, can anyone tell me more about the reforms? Since I don't have the game, I don't really know what they do. Much obliged!))

((You know, since you haven't played V-2, I could inform you that Laissez-faire has a tendency to result in an utter collapse of the industry (that is, if you're not an already established industrial giant, which Chile ain't). At least last time I played. Just a hint.))

I myself will support a contnuation of the Conservadore-Nacionale coalition, and hope the rest of the party shall as well. If no other member steps forward to be nominated, I shall put forth my name to ensure this coalition is maintained.