• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((My guess is that Carrera has been stained by his initial support of the coup as mentioned in the update. At least, that's my theory))

My stance on this is that IC there's a rumor that Carrera (King50000) initially supported the coup, but he was definitely ultimately against the coup and his first public reaction was against it. Rivera has called for Carrera's expulsion from the Nacionales IC based on this rumor, which may come from Rivera's connections in the military. Hard facts are not available.

EDIT:

((By the way, wouldn't the title of Minister of War [well, technically the even fancier title Minister of War and Navy] supersede the title of Admiral [which is the only title mentioned in most of the mentions of Alvarez in the latest updates]? Also, can we get links to the Coup and Primary updates in the front page Timeline? It's getting harder to find them now as we have to wade through more pages.))

Technically, yes, but high-ranking military officials were often referred to by their ranks - ie: "General" or "Admiral" in common speech - rather than "Minister" or "Secretary" - I'm not sure which title Chile used at the time...

Last edited:
Thank you Presidente Romano. I shall wear the Chilean Cross with pride. May I suggest that General Rosa also be given a Cross? He, too, opposed the coup, though with the convinving by General Carrow and myself.

I am honored to accept the Chilean Cross. It truly is a great honor to serve my country and to serve democracy, even in its darkest and bleakest times. I shall die fighting for Chile before seeing a dictator gain absolute power so that he may do whatever comes to mind with the great people of this nation.

Por la razón o la fuerza! Viva Chile y los Chilenos! (By reason or by force! Long live Chile and the Chileans!)

"Like my fellow officers, I will wear this medal with pride. We must not stand by as darkness falls. We must not be idle while power hungry men take our nation for their own benefit. We must fight, for a new Chile. A stronger Chile."

-General Cesar Roseno

I, Colonel Manuel Carerra, hereby announce my dropping out of the Nacionale primary and fully support General Roseno. Viva la Chile!

((I edited my original ballot to show the changed vote))

(( Can we hang the people that took place in a coup, or their only punishment is they are not able to vote?))
((They're currently on trial, and if found guilty will be executed or exiled.))
Vote on the guilt of the accused (Innocent/Guilty). NOTE: If any of the three accused persons would not like to be tried, tell me and I'll withdraw you from the proceedings. If you are found guilty, your characters will be either executed or exiled. If you are found innocent, you will keep your characters and be allowed to vote in this coming election.
((With the current tally, it will take a miracle to keep Zepeda or Badajoz from the noose [or are we using firing squads?] or banishment.))

"I wish to remind everyone of my current platform. I propose to limit immigration, keeping out criminals and other undesirable elements. I aim to create a large number of factories in Chile, benefitting all in the nation. This is to be funded by a tarrif and tax increase. Military funding will be kept as is, and religious tolerance will be assured. I promise that Badajoz and Zepeda are kept in life imprisonment. This is a summary of my platform, and the full version is available in pamphlet form. Ask me if you want one. I urge all voters to consider my platform before voting, especially since I am the only candidate guaranteeing industrial growth."

Eberado de Cary
Senator for Valparaiso

((Check back to page 76 for the full platform. Read it before voting.))

I am almost positive that General Roseno's economic policy will garrentee industrial growth more so than your own. And he promises to expand the Military, something you seem to not want. And he will not restrict immigration, which is the basic foundation of our nation and the rest of the nations in the Americas.

"Senator Cary, with all the respect that you deserve, why would we raise taxes for our people, to build factories that will be manned at most at 2% . Chile at this moment does not need heavy investment in factories. What we do need in fact is more workers, more craftsmen we need to open our borders to all of those who wish to be free"

General Francisco Javier de Miranda Reina

Ah, Alejandro Cortez. I believe I remember you from the regrettable fight in Santiago. I hope of course that in later days when we meet we will always be on the same side of the conflict.

- Gabriel Alvarez
Thank you and I do so hope too that we won't have to meet each other in the battlefield.

- Colonel Alejandro Cortez

"General Reina, although encouraging immigration is good, we cannot let every single immigrant come in. If we did we would have an overabundance of criminals coming here. I propose merely a light regulation of immigration. And in reply to your question, Carrera, after this war it is highly likely that we need not fight any more wars. Therefore we do not need a rise in military spending - there is little to spend it on, due to lack of manpower. Additionaly, my industrial plan is to be constructed in phases, only moving to the next phase when there is available labour. I will also be encouraging people to become craftsmen, so that they can work in the factories."

Eberado de Cary
Senator for Valparaiso

Okay, so now's probably the time to raise a pretty important administrative point.

Normally right now I would be posting another vote tally, but there haven't been any new votes in more than 24 hours. Going back over the last few votes, I've noticed that almost all of the votes come in the first 24 hours, with the second day only adding on a few more. So, my question is: Would you prefer it if I shortened the time between updates to a day?

Note that I'm not asking you to vote on this, I'm just asking for your opinions. I know most of you won't be affected one way or another; I'm particularly interested in the opinions of those people who might be marginalized or alienated by an extremely quick 24-voting period, like a real election.

Name:Gustavo Fringos
Born: Talacahuano 1793(Hey we need some geezers)
Position: Civil Engineer-Mayor of Talacahuano-Senator
History: Born to a poor family in central thern Chile, Gustavo began working at age 10 and working a second job at 14, both to help provide for his family and pay for his education. Managing to put himself through college school his force of will and keen intellect graduated top of his class in engineering, when the revolution began Gustavo put down the blue prints and picked up a rifle to fight for independence, climbing up to the rank of captain before the war was over. Returning to his poor town after graduation he worked on several construction projects, determined to bring his city into the modern world. When he felt he wasn't able to do enough as an engineer, he entered the race for mayor of his city. Winning due to his service to the city and his profound oratory skills Gustavo soon issued many public work's projects around the city and made it a shining example of Chilean proggressivism. He soon gained enough clout to run for senate and won by a nose being one of the few independent senators in chile. He wishes to start his own Proggressive and futurist party that will use technology and reason to bring Chile into a new age of prosperit.
Party: Independent
Badajoz: Guilty
Zapeda: Guilty
Alvarez: Innocent-But Stripped of his Rank and banned from entering the military or public service

OOC: Hey, I have followed this thread for a while and it looks like a lot of fun, decided I would make an account to join in.

Last edited:
((I wouldn't mind at all, but some of us might have too strict of a schedule to come on and read however many posts we get and still vote. So maybe 2 day periods, that way we know everyone can get in while still making everything fairly fast, at least compared to the crawl that "The Presidents" finds itself in alot.))

My stance on this is that IC there's a rumor that Carrera (King50000) initially supported the coup, but he was definitely ultimately against the coup and his first public reaction was against it. Rivera has called for Carrera's expulsion from the Nacionales IC based on this rumor, which may come from Rivera's connections in the military. Hard facts are not available.

EDIT:

Technically, yes, but high-ranking military officials were often referred to by their ranks - ie: "General" or "Admiral" in common speech - rather than "Minister" or "Secretary" - I'm not sure which title Chile used at the time...

((9 out of 10 government ministers/generals were inside the coup and agreed with it during atleast a part of it's planning, so it would be unfair to punish the people involved. I think welshdude was the only one that didn't agree atleast once about it, so just leave it be... just my humble opinion that's all))