• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is a coup.

For those of you who haven't heard, it seems Agustin Serrano ((Gloa)) has declared a coup to install a communist government.

I need declarations For the Republic (meaning the status quo government) or For the Revolution (meaning the communist government demanded by Serrano). I need those declarations from the following people:

Vice President: David Bevan ((WelshDude))
Minister of the Interior: Agustin Serrano ((Gloa)) - REVOLUTION
Minister of the Treasury: Pablo Garcia ((viola))
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Juan Rivera ((atomicsoda)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of Defence: Manuel Rommeni ((Shynka))

Army of Patagonia - Julio Varde (OConnor) - REVOLUTION
1st Army of the Republic - Francisco Villa (LeeroyJenkins) - REPUBLIC
2nd Army of the Republic – Agustin Serrano (Gloa) - REVOLUTION
3rd Army of the Republic – Juan Rivera (atomicsoda) - REPUBLIC
Metropolitan Army - Ernesto F. Fuentes (Maxwell500) - REVOLUTION
Army of La Plata (formerly Argentina) - Julio Varde (OConnor) - REVOLUTION
Army of the Canal Zone – Agustin Serrano (Gloa) - REVOLUTION
4th Army of the Republic- Juan Rivera (atomicsoda) - REPUBLIC
5th Army of the Republic - Manuel Rommeni (Shynka)
6th Army of the Republic - Manuel Rommeni (Shynka)
Chilean Navy – Daniel Palomino (MastahCheef117) - REPUBLIC
Army of the Caribbean - Ernst Thaumen (Seek75) - REPUBLIC
Capital Guard

Please continue voting in the Presidential election.

Palomino ((MastahCheef117)): 3
Farìas ((viola)):
Varde ((OConner)):

Last edited:
"I believe THe Speaker has miscounted, as the last time I checked I had three votes, not two."

~Daniel Palomino
Senator, Admiral, and Presidential Candidate

"It would appear that the balance of power in the Government somewhat favours the Communists. This must be averted before it is too late, even if it seems unlikely, as Rommeni seems to be part of the radical left."

Dr. Sebastian Montenegro

"It would appear that the balance of power in the Government somewhat favours the Communists. This must be averted before it is too late, even if it seems unlikely, as Rommeni seems to be part of the radical left."

Dr. Sebastian Montenegro

"The only non-communist armies are in the Caribbean and Panama areas, save Rivera's 4th Army. If we are overwhelmed - dare I say it - I will happily transport as many civilians, soldiers, and refugees to the Caribbean-Panama areas."

~Daniel Palomino

This so called revolution is bad for business. The Communists are known enemies of trade, prosperity and decency. I might be forced to take my business out of Chile. Which is a pity. There was a real chance to build a Guano empire here.

"To the enemies of the revolution and the proletariat that would like to paint us as monsters, may I state that the civilians, soldiers and any non-communista have nothing to fear, they are a Chilean citizen and will be treated as such. You I think only fear for your own lives...Also I believe THe speaker has received wrong information as to who leads the Army of the Carribean, I dismissed Senor Andonie awhile back after he declined to take the Generalship. If you look back you can see who I nominated in his place, I believe it was myself."

"To the enemies of the revolution and the proletariat that would like to paint us as monsters, may I state that the civilians, soldiers and any non-communista have nothing to fear, they are a Chilean citizen and will be treated as such. You I think only fear for your own lives...Also I believe THe speaker has received wrong information as to who leads the Army of the Carribean, I dismissed Senor Andonie awhile back after he declined to take the Generalship. If you look back you can see who I nominated in his place, I believe it was myself."

"Oh, that's even more surprising. A power-hungry 80-year old senile communist with no military experience leading the perverted minds of the youth of Chile into a battle against the, quote-unquote, 'evil bourgeoise'. Please, give me a break."

~Daniel Palomino

I stand for the government and back Admiral Palomino wholeheartedly!

"I stand corrected by Senor Thaumen, he is Commander of the Carribean. Now I am a senile old fool? What other lies shall you spread about me to scare the people? Also Senor, I do believe I fought in the 1898 Civil War."

"I stand corrected by Senor Thaumen, he is Commander of the Carribean. Now I am a senile old fool? What other lies shall you spread about me to scare the people? Also Senor, I do believe I fought in the 1898 Civil War."

"Only a senile man could believe he is doing good by sending young men to shed blood and die for the creation of a dictatorship. No sane man could do such a thing in the 'name of the people'. I can assure you that the proletariat would rather retain their jobs than be sent to die by their radical puppetmasters."

~Daniel Palomino

*In a very angry Public meeting"
DID I NOT WARN YOU ALL THIS WOULD HAPPEN!
"A madman who wants power they said","The communists are trustworthy they said"
No matter, I shall as always stand by democracy and oppose this vile coup. I am for the government. I also vote for Farias, someday soon I hope for Chile to have a stable social democracy.

Please note that I made some mistakes both in counting the votes and in writing who holds what generalship - I have now corrected these. The tally now stands:

Palomino ((MastahCheef117)): 6
Farìas ((viola)): 1
Varde ((OConner)):

I'm still missing declarations from viola, Shynka, and WelshDude.

Last edited:
I withheld the vote due to the confusion after the Coup declaration

Palomino has my full support, of course.