• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While as a liberale I am against the victory of the Communistos, but they were elected democratically. I completely oppose this movement to subvert this elected government.

The government has my support, though nominal, against this insurrection.

Also, I vote Aye on the bill

While as a liberale I am against the victory of the Communistos, but they were elected democratically. I completely oppose this movement to subvert this elected government.

The government has my support, though nominal, against this insurrection.

Also, I vote Aye on the bill

"Senor, Senor/General Villa has already stepped down on his insurrection."

~Senator & Commander of the Navy Daniel Palomino

"I will not form a paramilitary group. Those are my exact words. Nowhere do I mention already formed groups; I will only become chairman if they form themselves a group."

Sebastian Montenegro

Oh Sebastian, I am sure you havent read the newspapers. The speaker informed the Senate about a fascist paramilitary group marching in Santiago after the results of the election were released to the public. They claimed me to be the leader but I have no intention to lead such group as I want to prepare my electoral race for the next electoral cycle.

Oh, my mistake Senor Palomino. I suppose its good I did not voice support for this fake coup! That might have been awkward to explain.

This pardoning of Villa is foolish! You let him command any army and he'll betray us again! We should have him every one of his vile conspirators shot against a wall!

-Julio Varde

"To Senor Tottenheim, I think you misread the newspapers, the group of armed Fascists marched on Santiago but were dispersed by police. To all who are concerned with my appointment of Villa as Commander of the First Army, I did not do it as bribery, I did it because it was originally my plan to appoint him as such, and he personally stated that the only reason he attempted this coup was because he thought my intentions were of forming a Dictatorship...he is highly adimant in preserving this glorious and proud Republic as am I."

~ Ernesto F. Fuentes, President Elect

So the Coup has been called off, and the leader Villa has surrendered himself to the government.

Meanwhile, we're in a golden vote in the Private Property Act. You have until tomorrow at about 10 AM to give me a tiebreaking vote.

Protection of Private Property Act:
Yes: 6
No: 6
Abstain: 0

"I encourage those that have not already to vote for the Protection of Private Property Act. We cannot allow one of the basic pillars of Chilean democracy to be violated by an extremist party that has been elected into power."

~Senator & Commander of the Navy Daniel Palomino

"I as the head of the government of this great Republic, abstain as I shall remain unbiased in the PPP Act."

I fulfil my duty to the state, and to all those who have put trust behind me, and hereby vote against the PPA act.

-Senator Manuel Rommeni

Sadly for your cause señor, you are too late. It appears the bill has now passed.

It appears that the bill has passed. The liberales will hopefully relax now that their properties are safe, but the Republicanos shall not rest until both our church and army are safe from the red menace..

And finally, if there is still time to vote on bills I would like to propose two bills. If I am not going into the annals of history as a president of the nation, I'll atleast go down as the father of the Chilean airforce.

Defense of monastic schools act

1. As per the Private Property Act, the chilean state is not allowed to seize ecclesiastical property for public use. Such property is to be considered of the Vatican's property and falls under diplomatic inmunity, and any attempts to sieze them will be considered a hostile action against the Holy See and will be consideted a transgression of internationsl law.

2. Private schools owned by the Catholic Church, the jesuits or the orthodox church will be considered private property and thus cannot be siezed by the state or prohibit the assistance of students to such facilities.

3. Bishops and above are to be considered as diplomatic ambassadors from the Vatican to Chile and thus enjoy dilpomatic inmunity: they cannot be arrested but they cant also participate in any chilean political party.

4. The church apologizes for its intervention in Chilean politics.

Chilean Airforce Bill part 2:

1. The aeroplanes used in the war will be reorganized into squadrons and will be directed by a new military office: the chilean airforce.

2. There is to be created a new generalship office for the exclusive command of the airfleet. This new position will be called "General of the skies" or general for short.

3. The chilean airforce will open recruitment for maintenancemen and pilots who want to become pilots or aeronautical engineers.

4. The state will force the chilean airforce to do a yearly visit to local schools to inform the populace of the new air program in the spirit of encouragibg new pilots.

5. The chilean airforce will lead an expedition to map the Magallanes Strait, Tierra del Fuego and the austral regions of Chile, that are scarcely populated.

Last edited:
Rather than the rather grandiose "General of the Skies," how about the more modest Marshal of the Chilean Air Force? Other than that suggestion, I suppose I could support an air force, if only to better protect Chile.

Rather than the rather grandiose "General of the Skies," how about the more modest Marshal of the Chilean Air Force? Other than that suggestion, I suppose I could support an air force, if only to better protect Chile.

I guess you are right. But look further! Imagine the benefits of a standing airforce. Not only it is for mere defense, but imagine all the reaserch, the exploration, the technological advances and the benefits it wouls bring for society! We would chart new locations, explore the mysterious glaciers of the south, look for lost Inca cities in the unreachable Andes, give jobs to many, we could find a way to make airtravel available to the common man, a way to shorten differences between us and Europe. We could change our world! Just think about the possibilities! In the future, economic transactions could bemade quicker and huge planes made of steel (its a dream, dont mind my crazyness) would transport products abroad, and many rare goods fron distant lands could find themselves in Chile! Diplomatic travels would be done overnight and our planes would watch the sky in the lookout for pirates or French ships. It is a dream, I know, but this is the first step.

"I can easily accept the 2nd and 4th point in your Monastic Bill, but I will never support or allow Bishops or above immunity, if they break the law of this nation, they pay the price as would any other citizen, no one is above the law...And onto the first point, the land will not or should not be considered property of the Vatican, it can remain as private property or property of the Catholic Church of Chile. I do however back your Airforce bill as we do need to prioritise it quite a bit, I believe the title should be General of the Chilean Air Force(CAF) rather though."

Okay, the PPP Act has passed, however narrowly.

Update as soon as possible. It may be delayed until noon-ish due to technical difficulties; please bear with me.

EDIT: For some reason, people have stopped giving me proper army numbers and a clear idea of what they want to do with their term in office. Please go back to doing that.

Albeit I was late to stop the last bill, but I surely shall act now. Bishops and the clergy are diplomats of the Vatican in the same way that a tea enthusiast is the diplomat of London. Priest or not, no man shall stand above law. Whereas I understand why Church property may be protected, I do not understand the rest of the bill, and believe that it is anti-democratic and not at all tolerant of people with either different or no beliefs at all.

-Manuel Rommeni

"I am proud to announce the founding of Pueblos Empresa, it will be a state owned corporation in control of a number of factories."

Fuentes, 1921-1923: Chile Under Communism​

Ernesto Fuentes, the first Comunista President of Chile, faced immediate and serious opposition to his taking power from numerous avenues. Fascist blackshirts paraded through Santiago to protest his election, moralist clergymen preached the end of days in catholic churches up and down the nation, and the owners of the Santiago Stock Exchange closed trading for a week in an attempt to put pressure on Fuentes to stand aside. The Congreso was called into emergency session and, in an extremely narrow vote, passed the Protection of Private Property Act, the very last act of the outgoing session, to curtail the ability of the Comunistas to attempt systematic property redistribution. However, by the far the greatest threat to Fuentes' rule in Chile was Francisco Villa, outgoing Minister of the Interior and general, who declared that he would stop Fuentes from taking power by force in January 1921.

What followed was the least bloody attempted coup in Chilean history. As the Bevan administration's lame duck cabinet attempted to organize a response, Fuentes was able to obtain a telephone connection to Villa's field headquarters in Mendoza. After a four hour conversation, the revolutionary general agreed to surrender himself to authorities in Santiago. It was the only coup to date in the history of Chile to end peacefully. Francisco Villa was granted amnesty by Fuentes upon his taking office and re-appointed as a general of the Chilean military in the subsequent weeks, much to the protest of Fuentes' hardline followers.

When Fuentes finally did take office in early 1921, he began his term with the incorporation of the Pueblos Empresa corporation, a government conglomerate meant to oversee national-run industries in the country. The corporation was marginally successful at lowering unemployment throughout the country as it constructed and purchased factories for applications ranging from textiles to tanks. However, the unabated immigration boom continued to offset attempts at expansion of industry, and legislative stonewalling in a tightly matched Congreso barred Fuentes from engaging in large-scale attempts at land or wealth redistribution or industrial nationalization. Fuentes' largest successes with the Pueblos Empresa was the construction of a network of nationally owned, limited access roads to accommodate the new automobile craze, a project started under the Bevan administration in 1919.

As Fuentes attempted to push economic collectivism in a narrowly hostile Congreso, a sizeable Germanist uprising broke out in Brazil. On the advice of Minister Rommeni, Fuentes dispatched the previously rebel general Villa to suppress the Brazilian revolution. The Chilean intervention crushed the Germanist presence in Corrientes and Villa was able to retake territory all the way to Rio de Janeiro, putting a comfortable amount of distance between Villa and Santiago.

However, the rebellion in Brazil was not the only battle of concern. In January, 1923, the 3rd Colonial War began as the UK declared war on France over the colony of Sierra Leone, ending two years of relative global peace.

Defense of monastic schools act

1. As per the Private Property Act, the chilean state is not allowed to seize ecclesiastical property for public use. Such property is to be considered of the Vatican's property and falls under diplomatic inmunity, and any attempts to sieze them will be considered a hostile action against the Holy See and will be consideted a transgression of internationsl law.

2. Private schools owned by the Catholic Church, the jesuits or the orthodox church will be considered private property and thus cannot be siezed by the state or prohibit the assistance of students to such facilities.

3. Bishops and above are to be considered as diplomatic ambassadors from the Vatican to Chile and thus enjoy dilpomatic inmunity: they cannot be arrested but they cant also participate in any chilean political party.

4. The church apologizes for its intervention in Chilean politics.
Chilean Airforce Bill part 2:

1. The aeroplanes used in the war will be reorganized into squadrons and will be directed by a new military office: the chilean airforce.

2. There is to be created a new generalship office for the exclusive command of the airfleet. This new position will be called "General of the skies" or general for short.

3. The chilean airforce will open recruitment for maintenancemen and pilots who want to become pilots or aeronautical engineers.

4. The state will force the chilean airforce to do a yearly visit to local schools to inform the populace of the new air program in the spirit of encouragibg new pilots.

5. The chilean airforce will lead an expedition to map the Magallanes Strait, Tierra del Fuego and the austral regions of Chile, that are scarcely populated.

Player Actions Needed:
Vote on those bills. A sample ballot would appear:

Defense of Monastic Schools Act: Yes/No/Abstain
Chilean Airforce Bill 2: Yes/No/Abstain