• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I switch my vote from Bevan to Tottenheim. I can't stomach the Jingoists, but the Communists are far worse.

The Communist Party is not in a coalition with the FNT, and I do not expect such a thing to happen. Therefore, you changing your vote makes the FNT unlikely to win the election or even make it to a run-off election. Running away from your decision will not prove good for Chile, with the only moderate candidate having little support. It is interesting how unsupportive people are of moderation nowadays...prefering extremism instead. This is extremely unlike some of the prior Republics, who had a monolithic block of moderates which blocked extremism from arising...most of the time. It seems as if the moderate tradition of Chile has cracked, though I do not know if this is for the better or for the worse. Furthermore, I suggest you vote according to your views, and not to spite others. Simply throwing your vote to spite others will not further democracy. It might indeed hit democracy in a bad spot.

- Admiral Caveo Kalambur

I urge those who haven't voted yet to do so. Bevan has little chances to win the election and he would rather lose with pride and oppose me and live under communism than resign from the race and let us have a runoff election. Mi
I also ask the liberales to vote for this coalition. I did my part and changed my policies to Laissez Faire and Free Trade and made the promise to have a mixed cabinet. Now its you guys that need to do your part.

I

We are now in a run-off scenario. Those who supported Bevan are now switched to abstaining. They should feel free to recast their votes. This poll will close at 10 AM PST tomorrow.

President:
Fuentes ((Maxwell500)): 6
Tottenheim ((thekinguter)): 5
Abstain: 2

Sorry for the lateness of this post.

As a reminder, OOC statements are still disallowed in the thread.

We are now in a run-off scenario. Those who supported Bevan are now switched to abstaining. They should feel free to recast their votes. This poll will close at 10 AM PST tomorrow.

President:
Fuentes ((Maxwell500)): 6
Tottenheim ((thekinguter)): 5
Abstain: 2

Sorry for the lateness of this post.

As a reminder, OOC statements are still disallowed in the thread.

Hmm, it would appear my vote is somewhat crucial....

Carlos Andonie

"Dictatorship Chile will become should a communist ever ascend to office."

~Senator & Commander of the Navy Daniel Palomino

I find that I am forced to abstain. I cannot vote for a communist and I cannot vote for the coalition that is headed by the shifty facists.

Carlos Andonie

I am not a fascist! Not hating the old Frente Nacional doesnt mean I love dictators! It just means I have a different opinion than the majority, which isnt a bad thing either! If the FNT and Andonie III cant tolerate my beliefs then they are not behaving any better than the Communist Party!

Do you deny these words then?

I do not. I supported the Frente Nacional in its government days, participated in it and I believe it was necessary for the nation. I even took it in its fascist form and turned it into ao modern democratic party.

Let's read my statement again, shall we?
We will get revenge for our patriots.

My revenge has been fulfilled already. Those who executed the Frente Nacional members did so thinking that it would kill the poltical right-wing. The radical left sought to destroy the Frente Nacional and make it's views invalid. I did something more meaningful than a massacre or a plot. I, through the creation of the Republicanos Nacionales, saved the political right wing. And there's nothing you can do about it; it would go against the values you uphold.

Last edited:
Since Senor Tottenheim has made an effort to liberalize is platform, I now cast my vote for him.

Fuentes We can not allow the fascists back in power.

Juan Rivera

"Apparently his words and proof given that is he not a fascist is not enough.

'We have the right-wing on one end - you know who else is right wing? FASCISTS! So, instead, let's all vote for the communists, who themselves have championed for a DICTATORSHIP of the proletariat! Nothing can go wrong here'."

"Apparently his words and proof given that is he not a fascist is not enough.

'We have the right-wing on one end - you know who else is right wing? FASCISTS! So, instead, let's all vote for the communists, who themselves have championed for a DICTATORSHIP of the proletariat! Nothing can go wrong here'."

Tottenheim always was a fascist and proudly claimed it labeling himself a fascist lawyer. It is only during this campaign that he has tried to claim to be a conservative democrat. The Communists deserve a chance a govern democratically, the Fuente Nacional has never had any intention of democracy. I fought along side the Communists during the overthrow of the Fuente national regime and they participated and supported reinstalling democracy.

Tottenheim always was a fascist and proudly claimed it labeling himself a fascist lawyer. It is only during this campaign that he has tried to claim to be a conservative democrat. The Communists deserve a chance a govern democratically, the Fuente Nacional has never had any intention of democracy. I fought along side the Communists during the overthrow of the Fuente national regime and they participated and supported reinstalling democracy.

I hope that even if the Communists do win they will remember to promote liberty as well as equality. I also would not mind if they advocated for some level of meritocracy (we can't just give everything to everybody in the real world). As always, I hope the Communists embrace patriotism, not nationalism (I am no nationalist, I am a patriot). Do these things and you shall have no qualms from me... revoke the political rights of any men in this Congreso and Chile will turn against you faster than you can blink.

---Estevan Evarado---