• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"I have stated my policies before, but here they are again:

"Free Trade: Chile relies heavily on imports of raw materials such as coal, and it would be injurious to our industries if the prices of these were artificially increased beyond necessary.

"State Capitalism: Instead of subsidising the factories that are not wanted, we shall build factories in their place that are wanted. The government needs the right to intervene firmly in the market if such intervention is required.

"Pro-Military: Chile used to have a glorious military. I intend to rebuild that glorious military.

"Secularism: The government needs to keep out of religious matters. Handing too much power to any religious denomination threatens to overturn the tolerance inherent within the nation.

"Full Citizenship: Immigrants make up about 50% of Chile. Their ideas, opinions and talents have shaped Chile into what it is, and we cannot let that legacy be overturned.

"But why should you vote for me? I bring experience, being the last Caudillo. I bring fresh ideas, having seen what the world is like outside of Chile. Lastly, I bring a clear platform, describing what my aims are. A vote for me is a vote for honesty.

"Una nación, un pueblo!

Sebastian Montenegro

I have stated my policies before but it seems that I need to restate them:

Protectionism: We can't rely on foreign goods to feed and supply our country.

Planned Economy: We cannot trust capitalists to run and expand our industry and economy.

Pro-Military: We must defend ourselves from capitalist and imperialistic regimes.

Atheism: Religion is a distraction to the oppression of the masses.

Full Citizenship: Everyone is oppressed by the capitalists and are all equal therefore immigrants should have full rights in our country.

- Xavier Kvaratskhelia.

"Kvaratskhelia, you have just stated that religion is a distraction from the oppression of the masses. By the way you say it, you mean that it distracts you from oppressing the masses."

Sebastian Montenegro

Party: Communista
Candidate: Fuentes
Coalition: With FNT
Coalition Candidate: Fuentes

A man with a foreign accent entered the Congreso on an otherwise quiet afternoon (when several of the esteemed senators seemed to sleeping on their seats in the Great Hall).

"Hello everyone, my name is Randy Dickhard, the new owner of the esteemed International Guano. I have recently gained my Chilean citizenship, and I'm moving my business here, since it's no secret among Guano traders that Chile indeed has the best guano the world can offer. Also my lovely wife is a Chilean, so establishing myself in Chile seemed like the right thing to do. Oh, and by the way, there's a party at my villa tonight and you're all invited. Then you perhaps can tell me whom to vote for in these elections. I am eager to exercise my rights as a Chilean citizen."

I'd vote Liberal, Senor Dickhard, since we are the party of the free market, and would be best for economic growth. Also, since my campaign manager has given me a free night, I can attend; (as well, the Fuentes party was superb). And while Senor Andonie may be a solid liberal, he lacks the political experience that I have, seeing as how I've served as Treasury Minister.

Welcome Senor Dickhard, I hope your entryl here in Chile has been smooth and I look forward to seeing how far you can penetrate into Chilean society. I will be delighted to attend yopur bash. Will that be at the Dickhard mansion?

AS to your voting, well I agree with my Liberales colleauge that you would be most welcome in the Liberales party although I disagree with his view oinb who you should support. I expect you will make your own mind up and hope to talk furter to you in the future.

"I see you've had plenty of experience. But trust me, I've been to parties that are better than the ones you've been to. I'll never forget those summer nights in Constantinople.."

Sebastian Montenegro

The FNT are losing senate seats to the Liberales. This is an interesting event and I dare say a good one. A shame it is that also the communists are gaining strength as well

"Hello everyone, my name is Randy Dickhard, the new owner of the esteemed International Guano. I have recently gained my Chilean citizenship, and I'm moving my business here, since it's no secret among Guano traders that Chile indeed has the best guano the world can offer. Also my lovely wife is a Chilean, so establishing myself in Chile seemed like the right thing to do. Oh, and by the way, there's a party at my villa tonight and you're all invited. Then you perhaps can tell me whom to vote for in these elections. I am eager to exercise my rights as a Chilean citizen."

((I can't tell whether I love this or hate this... so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...))

*wakes up*

A party! Spectacular! I shall surely be in attendance! You wouldn't mind if I brought a few friends would you? Say 1000 Nationalists and war veterans?"

---Estevan Evarado---

There is something off about this Dickhard character, I say dont trust him..

With the new information from the candidates, I can finish filling out my ballot:

Party: Comunistas
Candidate: Fuentes
Coalition: With FNT
Coalition Candidate: Fuentes

Everybody! Sorry for my absence from the political scene, me and the rest of the Bevan administration have been hard at work building up our glorious Chile.
Here is why Bevan is the candidate for prosperity and progress for our beautiful country.
He respects the rights of the common man. Unlike the fascists and conservativos of Chile Bevan fights against authoritarianism and doesn't cow-tow to itor promote it. He doesn't promote the radical dictatorship of the communists and refuses to allow the liberals to set up a monopoly on our government. He is the man for Equality
He is the candidate for prosperity. Under Bevan our economy has thrived, we are truly rebuilding Chile into a stable democracy. With new great technology entering the country we see that Bevan has created progress.
Finally, he is the man who got us through the war. He allowed us to defeat one of the greatest powers in the world.
He is the only candidate who can provide long term peace and stability, Vote Bevan and Viva La FNT.

Unlike the fascists and conservativos of Chile Bevan fights against authoritarianism and doesn't cow-tow to itor promote it.

You do me a great dishonor senor. I do not seek to re-establish an authoritarian dictatorship and I would never cow-tow with any group that professed such a dastardly goal. You should look not the the Frente but to the radical left. Also, since when have the liberales tried to set up a monopoly on our government? Would that not go against the very nature of a classical liberal? Calling out the Liberales is even more foolish than claiming responsibility for the technological breakthroughs of our ambitious and innovative inventors.

I don't care what position you've held in this government and I don't even care if you've got the backing of the current president... if you question my loyalty to this nation again... you'll have hell to pay...

--- ((the maverick)) Estevan Evarado---

I personally am a Liberale and stand for Liberale principles, but I would like to point out that the Liberales have, more than once, resorted to cheap tactics and shifty coalitions to retain their power in government, or even for something as petty as keeping someone they do not like out of government. Sr. Andonie's grandfather most certainly comes to mind.

I only hope that the new liberal movement is purified of its old, aristocratic roots, and is better prepared to take the reigns of democracy.