• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(You stole the 1000th... ;-))

((I think all three of us have sent our platforms (Confirmation of this?) so all that remains is for Thunderhawk to publish them. And find us all cool portraits :cool:))

(update?)

I'm waiting for General Zepeda's ((thekinguter's)) platform. I have Badajoz's ((zagoroth's)) and Tamiuszski's ((tamius23's)).

(I say to encourage candidate speed in the future we make the last one to submit policies lost a vote >:)

((I can barely keep up with all that's going on here! It's been very busy the past few hours))

((I can barely keep up with all that's going on here! It's been very busy the past few hours))

Har.

I'm going to give Zepeda (thekinguter) until tomorrow morning PST to send me his platform or I'll write one for him.

Guys, let's try to refrain from posting too many off-topic posts on when an update will come. Just be patient.

Alright. To get us back on topic, I had a request for information on our minority populations a bit earlier on.

According to the census ((population screen)), Chile's currently population is 1.97 million, 492.77 thousand of whom are adult males. 96.3% of the population is Catholic, 3% is Animist, and the remaining .7% is other Christian. 66.9% of the population is South Andean, where as 16.5% are Aimara and 6.7% are Quechua (these are Bolivian populations). 5.4% are South Italian immigrants, 3.2% are Patagonians (natives), and the remaining 1.3% of the population are various other immigrants from around Europe. The Aimara population is heavily localized in the Potosi region, which is 64.4% Aimara. The Araucania region is 20.3% Patagonian. Arequipa is 33.0% Quecha and 31.2% Aimara.

The current population of able-bodied males stands at:
Santiago: 197.73K
Arequipa: 99.59K
Los Rios: 78.28K
Potosi: 78.26K
Araucania: 38.9

EDIT:
The population is 54.8% Farmers, 22% Laborers, 16.5% Artisans, 3% Soldiers, 1.8% Clergymen, 1.7% Capitalists, and .1% Bureaucrats.

(Or, if you're not interested in the demographics debate, why not read some Ambition while you wait?)

The 1841 Candidates​

MonttM.jpg

Liberales-Conservadores Candidate: Michael Badajoz ((zagoroth))

¡Hola la gente mia! (Hello, my people)

It has been five years since the day we as Chile made the right choice, and voted for Democracy. We broke the Dead-lock on politics caused by the Guerra Civil, and helped push Chile into a multi-party state. Now, we must look to the future of Chile in our sublime democracy. We must make the right choice on our economy, our military, our stance on rights, we must push forward the physical and metaphysical boundaries of our state. A government cannot look left or right, but push forward. It would seem I lead a coalition of Liberales and the former Moderate Conservadores before the split with the Nacionalistas. All of you voted for me last term, and I offer the same stance as before. Chile para los chilenos!

Economics: Laissez Faire/ Free Trade

I support a Laissez Faire style economics, the future of our economy must be in our private investors. We as a nation are still finding our niche in the world, oppressive economic policies will only hinder our future gains. Likewise, I support free trade to ensure our artisans and budding capitalists will be able to buy goods cheaper to support themselves better. Should we tax foreign goods, it will only hinder our own economy through de-specialization of goods production.

Social: Full Citizenship/ Pluralism

We must make our glorious Democracy available to all those who wish to flee to America. We must populate our land, and increase the population to spur future economic success. The power of a nation is in its population, and we must use the European immigrants to sponsor this. These immigrants will also bring with them their knowledge of literacy and industrial methods. My policies will also ensure that they readily accept their new status as Chileans above all else. Chile para los chilenos! We shall be as a beacon on a hill.

Military: Pro-Military/ Jingoistic

While recent debates suggest otherwise, I propose a strong military stance. We are still recovering economically, and thus cannot expand too much for fear of debts. However, our land is controlled by Argentina. The world might not recognize it as our land, pero es en nos sangre (It is in our blood). I propose a strong response to any Argentinian aggression, so as to take back limited land we claim. We cannot take all the land we deserve, for the international community will frown on it. We must balance our Military needs with the needs of the people, we cannot burden them with over taxation, we cannot waste Chilean military lives, but we cannot let Argentina defile our land. However, we also cannot be the aggressor.

Closing Statement:

We as Chileans have gloried in our new found Democracy for 5 years, let us continue! Let us expand our Liberal policies to attract the European masses into our Glorious Republic. Let us have our citizens establish the economy to the ebb and flow of free trade and provide a frame work for the future. Let Chile stretch out her wings further and further as our Sublime influence spreads. Chile para los chilenos!

¡Chile para los chilenos!

225px-Carlos_Iba%C3%B1ez_del_Campo.jpg

Unión Nacional Candidate: Fernando Zepeda ((thekinguter))

Listen to me, people of Chile!

For decades, we stood for democracy and national independence. We followed USA's example and stood against the imperialist Spaniards. We have seen our neighboors follow our exaple and lead Latin America into a new age. We followed our great founding father's steps, and endured years of civil war. It is our lust for national freedom that led us through, and together we fought for the independence of our northern regions. Without this national lust for independence, Chile wouldn't exist, and this isn't the right moment to let us lose this virtue of ours. We must fight Argentinians and recover our rightful lands, even if the claims are illegitimate to the european powers. I must remember you that our claims of independence were also illegitimate 40 years ago, and that the europeans will never legitimate a fight that isn't the best for their royal families.

Thus, to achieve national independence from foreign powers we must be strong and ruthless! Our military must be up to the task and so does our commerce and industry. Our democratic values must be protected or we might degenerate into what we fought against place, an absolutist monarchy. We must stand together, whatever our personal stances are, against foreign powers.

Economic Policies: State Capitalism/Free Trade. We do not yet possess a thriving private sector, so we can afford to control the commanding heights of our economy. It is important that we use our government to kickstart our absent private industry, since it is the driving force after an economic/military powerhouse. I support free trade because I believe it's the only way for us to have resources flow freely between Europe and Chile, because we need guns and food that we do not produce at home and the europeans do not have sulphur. I will try to build a small guns factory during my government, to support the cause.

Military Policies: Jingoistic. The pivotal point of my campaign is the fight against Argentina for our rightful land, resources and people that are stuck under their dictatorial power. We are not cowards, we have the money, troops and support from our neighboors that we need to recover our lands. My government WILL have as it's focus the military aspect, and two additional brigades will be made during my government.

Social: Full Citizenship / Pluralism. We need european immigrants to join our ranks. The europeans under absolutist monarchies admire our democratic values and want to live in our country. We need to fill up our armies, farms and possibly our futures factories with these highly literate folks. Remember we were all once european, and many of you are sons of europeans and some were even born in europe.

FernandoErrazurizAldunate.png

Monárquico Candidate: Witold Tamiuszski ((tamius23))
As the nominee of the Partido Monárquico, my primary goal is to secure a monarchy.

Senator Hernandez suggested a member of a European royal house as king. This met with disapproval, so I nominate either a Chilean aristocrat or Patagonian chieftain as monarch of the Kingdom of Chile.

It is essential to be a monarchy to secure respect in the world.

Let this election be your first chance to do so.

Military Policy: Jingoism: Chile's army has proved itself competent against our neighbours. I have no intention of taking any funding away from it - instead it will stay at least as high as it was. In the long term Chile should look toward Argentina, and reunite the Patagonians.

Economic Policy: Interventionism/State Capitalism: The Chilean people are unhappy with the Badajoz government and in particular his sale of some lands in Southern Chile to capitalists. The capitalists are useful for the economy and will own the majority of the factories, but it is imperative that the government reserves its right to push the economy on to the right track.

Religious Policy: Atheism: Chile is a free state. The church should not be promoted by the state, nor should those who follow the state religion be given benefits. Chile was built on freedom and democracy and that extends to religious freedom. As migrants arrive, they should be allowed to practice their religion with the rest of their community.

Churches, synagogues, and other religious buildings will remain open. The government will not intervene with the people's religions.

Trade Policy: Free Trade Chilean merchants should not have government-imposed restrictions on who they trade with. Chilean goods should be sold in as many places as possible.

Citizenship Policy: Full Citizenship: All Chileans, be they of Iberian, Native American, or any other ancestry, should be allowed to vote in the elections. People of other countries should be encouraged to leave for Chile and will be granted citizenship.

The enthroning of a new King will herald a new era of stability, power, and above all democracy, for the future Kingdom of Chile!

I leave you with the national motto of Chile: "Por la razón o la fuerza!" (By reason or by force!).

Viva Chile!

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
VOTE! I need your vote for either Tamiuszski, Zepeda, or Badajoz. If you vote by party, I will pair your vote to the corresponding ticket.

As always, remember to bold your votes or they might not be counted.

A sample ballot would look like:
President: Tamiuszski

Candidates, if you'd like better pictures than those up there, you need to tell me what pictures you'd like. Zepeda ((thekinguter)), I have not received a platform from you but I'm not willing to wait any longer for it. I understand if you're sick or busy or what have you; send me your platform whenever you have it to replace the simple stand-in that I wrote.

Polls will close in two days, at 6:00 PM PST 10/7/11 (Monday) or earlier. I think that's 1:00 AM GMT Tuesday.

EDIT: Fixed, thanks Seek. I have no idea how that happened, but that probably explains a few things...

Last edited:
Badajoz

((And the Monarchists sound more secular than atheist.... just a thought))

((Damn! I was hoping to use Errázuriz's picture for my own character later on. :p))

And I was hoping no one would notice that Chile's motto was "By Reason or By Force," so I could save it for the first coup, but we don't always get what we want :p

EDIT: By the way, I've decided to allow hygge0302's vote from before the election started, so we're now at 2-all.