• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"This new motion of invading Cuba is irrelevant for two reasons. Firstly, it refers to compensation being given to the Free State, something which I could never bear, as they are an illegitimate state; we should not need their help. Secondly, any invasion of Cuba would expand our empire without first having asserted control of our own backyard. Any liberation would have to wait until Chile has re-asserted its hegemony over South America. I also have difficulty with the notion that we would need 18 brigades to control Puerto Rico. That number is far too high, and would represent a commitment that is unnecessary and wasteful, drawing troops from sectors where they will be better used."

Sebastian Montenegro
Speech in the Senate

The Free State is run by a traitor, but can you please explain how it is illegitimate? It has far more legitimacy than the regime you support.

Answer the question.

They are a secessionist state that have declared themselves the true Chilean State, while they are obviously not.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

They are a secessionist state that have declared themselves the true Chilean State, while they are obviously not.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

de Conti is the democratically elected Presidente of the Third Republic, is he not? Which you tried to overthrow by force, did you not? Exactly how are you legitimate?

de Conti is the democratically elected Presidente of the Third Republic, is he not? Which you tried to overthrow by force, did you not? Exactly how are you legitimate?

De Conti has avoided elections for almost a decade and he even went so far as to declare himself President. We have undergone two elections so far, and power has shifted smoothly from one leader to another.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

De Conti has avoided elections for almost a decade and he even went so far as to declare himself President. We have undergone two elections so far, and power has shifted smoothly from one leader to another.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

You have conducted no elections. There is no voting on the mainland. You have had the Fruente Nacional inner circle pick a new leader. De Conti is stepping down peacefully after the same amount of time as Fernandez and Chilean residents of the Free State all have the right to vote with all votes counted equally. The Free State is very small consisting of just one province and now Guadalupe. We are small probably 1% of the Chilean population so to feel threatened by us seems to be overblown.

General Rivera

The government voting for itself is not an election.

And now you continue to ignore that we have, peacefully and with mutual benefit to all, asked that the Free State join the Chilean State. We have not outlawed the Republicanos or the Patriotas. When one assumes power peacefully and by the choice of the people, that is a democracy, a republic. You wish to make us seem totalitarian and "Rosenoist" when we vehemently vetoed the Restoration Act.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

And now you continue to ignore that we have, peacefully and with mutual benefit to all, asked that the Free State join the Chilean State. We have not outlawed the Republicanos or the Patriotas. When one assumes power peacefully and by the choice of the people, that is a democracy, a republic. You wish to make us seem totalitarian and "Rosenoist" when we vehemently vetoed the Restoration Act.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

You took away power from the people and inserted a system of non- democratic governance. You're exactly like Roseno. And taking power through a coup is not peacefully.

Petty spats with useless rabble-rousers are not relevant or conducive to state affairs. We must focus on internal affairs in this time of volatility. To that end, I propose that we amend the Constitutional proposal to omit the single-party clause.

Petty spats with useless rabble-rousers are not relevant or conducive to state affairs. We must focus on internal affairs in this time of volatility. To that end, I propose that we amend the Constitutional proposal to omit the single-party clause.

I agree. A single-party state will effectively split the nation, not to mention it will give the rebels ammunition. Should the single-party clause not be removed from the proposed Constitution, I vote No to it's establishment.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

Very well. Though I personally feel that having two parties that have rather similar political outlooks to ours that don't do anything is rather pointless, I will agree to remove the single-party clause.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

Indeed they claim to be the true Chilean state when they do not even control a single inch of Chilean land. They claim to be a democracy when they have no elections. Even the National Republic is more democratic than the "Free" state. We've atleast changed leaders..

I certainly see the similarities between our respective virtuous parties, but I am glad that the Caudillo recognizes the need to preserve some bastions of choice.

I certainly see the similarities between our respective virtuous parties, but I am glad that the Caudillo recognizes the need to preserve some bastions of choice.

The reason I didn't ban parties it's because it sets a precedent for the truthful moment when our nation is once again safe and we can return to democracy. They remind us of what we fight for, a stable and fair Chile.

Banning them would only put us in the same category as the commies: totalitarian tyrants. We instead are ilustrated despots in an age of chaos.

Will we ever be safe though? I do not believe it is truly possible to destroy all radical, anti-Chilean thought. There will always be dissenters, always be trouble-makers.

I don't believe it will ever be feasible to return to the democracy of old. No, times have changed. The National Revolution was a turning point. We must create our own democracy - a new democracy that cannot be corrupted by the reaction of the Right or the radicalism of the Left. We need a democracy that transcends the old, failed political system of the times before the Revolution. Our democracy must correspond with a Third Way.

Besides, we would not be banning the Patriotas or the Republicanos - we would merely be integrating them within the greater framework that would be the National Revolutionary Party, so that they can have their say as well. If anything, my system would be more fair than the one we have now, in which they exist but they have virtually no capability to do anything meaningful.

Constitution of the National Republic: Yes

The Army of Paraguay stood no chance before our mighty troops! Though they may grow in number, we have nothing to fear from these rebels. We can expand our army, so why should we not be doing so? We must expand our military inorder to adequately defend our large expanse and be on par with the rebels in numbers if they ever chose to act like real men, rather than cowards plotting in the dark. I also feel the armies should be expanded, as currently General Hidalgo carries much political weight, what with his 2 armies who, even individually, equal if not outnumber the rest of our armies. We have the constitutionality to create legions, so we must do so inorder to bring stability and prevent any man from holding too much power outside of the direct orders of the Council.

-General Christiano Ferarri

Last edited:
I agree with the honorable Ferarri. We aught to expand the military and bring back equal power to all our loyal generals, such as the general who helped bleed the Communistas dry during our Revolution.

Constitution of the National Republic: Yes

"It is much to my surprise that despite the ratification of the Legion Act - I apologise if I do not precisely remember the name - no steps have been taken to ensure that the nation's armies conform to the nation's legislation. This imbalance requires redressing, otherwise there will be two difficulties: firstly, some generals will have more power than others; secondly, it would mean that the Army is breaking the law."

Sebastiano Montenegro
Speech in the Senate