• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As a warning, I was feeling a little dazed this morning, so please let me know if you see anything wrong on the list. I very nearly misplaced some people between the Caudillo/Agitators lists.

Caudillo Candidates:
Sebastian Hidalgo ((MastahCheef117))
Mateo Sáez ((Seek75))
Severiano Miramontes ((Ivir Baggins))
Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo ((OldCleric))

The Third Way:
Yes: 23
No:

Agitators:
Jesus Gonzales ((yourworstnightm))
David Bevan ((WelshDude))
Pablo Garcia ((viola))

As a reminder, agitators need to re-declare every five years...

"Should I be elected, these will be my policies:

"State Capitalism; Chile's industry, though great, lacks direction and oversight. I will ensure that all factories that are required will be built, whilst also providing support for our many capitalists and entrepeneurs to do the same.

"Protectionism; an increase in tariffs would not only protect Chilean industry, but also provide funding for the treasury which may enable a reduction in taxes.

"Moralism; the Catholic Church is the primary faith in Chile, and its leading role must be assured. However, I plan for it to eventually be detached from papal oversight, so that it can truly be a church of Chile.

"Pro-Military; the army will be reconstructed along the legionary system that has been recently proposed. A large navy will also be part of the programme, and furthermore, we will need a large army in order to ensure not only our security, but also the security of South America.

"Full Citizenship: encouragement must be given for immigrants to settle in Chile, but we must also support assimilation, something I have done during my tenure as Minister for Education.

"Thus concludes my policies. Remember, when you vote for me, you vote for a man who has had experience in nearly all branches of government, from military command and the Ministry of War to internal affairs and reconstruction. I have been in public service for over 30 years, and that wealth of experience can finally be brought to the fore.

"Vote for me, and I will give you Chile!"

General Severiano Miramontes
Minister for Education

De Conti will deny it, and he should. Personal talks between politicos have no relevance in the Senate chamber.

Quite to the contrary senor. If it hadn't been for this closed door meeting I would feel much differently towards De Conti. We also cannot deny that personal talks between politicos do actually have an enormous amount of relevance in the Senate chamber.

---Caitan Crazzio---

De Conti will deny it, and he should. Personal talks between politicos have no relevance in the Senate chamber.

I'm sorry sir, but you seem to be wrong. It is exactly because of personal talks that we are still free from the grip of communism and under this enlightened government. It's also because of personal talks that we are at peace with de Conti's faction.

"It's because of personal talks that we only know what you tell us, not what was precisely said."

Severiano Miramontes

What about de Conti's manifiesto, published here in the halls of the congreso and available to all?

Lies lies and more lies. De conti was not in on the original Plan, that was all Fernandez, crazzio, farerri and myself (as a FNT spy). De conti was only let in on the secret at the end when elected. But as usual he does what he is told by the puppet maters.

General Rios
Chief of Staff and General at Large

Even puppets have mothers and the mother of all the puppets is Fernandez. Like most puppet masters he is known to have his hand in many puppets......

He would have controlled more puppets but he was operating on a string budget....

Be rest assured senors that at no point in the planning of the nationalist coup did I allow Fernandez to put his hand in me...

*listens to advisor*

Wait! Noo!

---Caitan Crazzio---

Even puppets have mothers and the mother of all the puppets is Fernandez. Like most puppet masters he is known to have his hand in many puppets......

He would have controlled more puppets but he was operating on a string budget....

We are not operating at the hand of a puppet master. Rather, we are working with our free minds, clearer and brighter than ever, now that the people have united into a true state of power and glory - a true State of Chile.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

Lies lies and more lies. De conti was not in on the original Plan, that was all Fernandez, crazzio, farerri and myself (as a FNT spy). De conti was only let in on the secret at the end when elected. But as usual he does what he is told by the puppet maters.

General Rios
Chief of Staff and General at Large

I was talking about the peace agreement. You have no right to talk about puppet masters. You orchestrated a communist coup!

These revelations about de Conti's character should discount him from all circles within the Nationalista regime. He has been revealed as a traitor and a liar, without the spine to go through with a plot that he may or may not have created. However, he has no bearing on the elections, and I am sure that, given popular sentiment, he will no longer be relevant within Chile after the elections. We must take real action against his secessionist state, instead of allowing them to force through thickly worded declarations of status quo. The status quo now is that our territory of Panama is occupied, and we must relieve this occupation. I have extended to Senor de Conti the olive branch, allowing his person and his Government to retire to their soundly won territory of Martinique.

It is true that there is much controversy surrounding the original Nationalist coup, but this controversy must be laid to rest. De Conti has made his position known; he fled in the face of the Communists. Therefore, we must count him out now and forever from our Government. Who is to say that this treacherous and malicious man, who has the audacity to scold me for merely leaving a political party to join one more suited to my views, will not turn against us if given the chance! He declared himself an agitator against our Government, and he has abandoned the only positions he ever supported.

As he may now have seen, to attack a statement by a true and principled Chilean was a poor idea; his legitimacy has been rightfully slandered, and I will stand no longer for his games. Thus, should I be elected President, I guarantee that Panama will be reconquered by either the sword or the pen. There will be no deal regarding Communists, no deal for the scuttling of navies, no deal for anything if Panama is not ours. I will not budge, and I will not concede anything for a territory that is rightfully ours. De Conti shall give me Panama, or he shall die there. More likely, given his record, he will flee to Martinique. Either way, should I be elected, Panama will be returned.

Candidate Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo,
Minister of Foreign Affairs

As George Washington once said, "It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one."

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

Senor de Escovanitas, I grow tired of your self-serving assertions and your unsubstantiated slander.

You speak of loyalty, yet you shift serpent-like from movement to movement, latching yourself onto whatever vehicle promises to deliver you power. Once, you declared yourself a proud Republicano; then, your electoral ambitions thwarted, you betrayed your party for the Patriotas. When I was in government, you proffered me effusive praise; now that I am out of power, you spurn me with venom. You suck up to your superiors in order to satiate your craving for political power, and then abandon them once they can no longer serve your ambitions. You have no loyalty to the nation, and no allegiance to any one but yourself. You are a conniving charlatan and a sickening sycophant. You would prostrate yourself before even the Marxistas, if they could offer you the throne you so crave.

There are still honourable gentlemen in Chile. Senor de Escovanitas is not one of them. He is neither a nationalist nor a patriot - merely an opportunist. He played no role in the National Revolution and contributed nothing to its success. Yet he speaks as if he were Jose de San Martin himself. He is arrogant and abrasive - unsuited to any public office, and certainly not the highest office of state on the mainland. To elect such a man would be to betray the principles upon which the Fatherland was founded. It would be to supplant government guided by patriotism with government guided by patronage.

Senor Crazzio is correct in stating that I am a proud patriot, who desires only peace and coexistence with the Continental Administration. Despite Senor de Escovanitas' puerile rhetoric, I have no intentions against the mainland. Indeed, I have fought for its defence against the French invaders. Senor de Escovanitas would engineer a war between our two territories simply to satisfy his political ambitions. He would sacrifice the lives of thousands of Chileans simply to appease his vanity. Do not let this two-faced traitor divide the Fatherland and subject Chile to civil war.

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti

"The only way Chile will be reunited without conflict is if you, Senor de Conti, willingly join with us. Should I be President, then I will ensure by any means that Panama is reunited with Chile. Actions speak louder than words, de Conti, and if your actions do not back up your words, then ours will."

Severiano Miramontes