• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On the contrary, I owe you nothing and you owe me everything. Your success was a product of my presidency.

But I care not for your ingratitude or your treachery. I have long since learned to dismiss the boasts of insurrectionists who could only claim Chile from the rightful government by the benevolence of its presiding officer. What concerns me is your arrogance, which manifests itself in threats against my person and the Free State. You claim to have all the bargaining chips, Senor de Escovedo. But you are deeply mistaken. I have thirty-seven, six-hundred-and-sixty ton bargaining chips at my disposal. If you will cajole rather than cooperate - if you would impose reunification by war than accept cooperation in peace - then I shall have no reservations in placing my chips on the table:

Executive Order No.3
Chilean Free State

A decree providing for the Dissolution of the Free State, by Executive Order of the Chairman of the National Defence Committee, to allocate the following;​

1. Should the existence or viability of the Free State be irreparably jeopardised:
a) the capital having been occupied by an army unaligned to the Free State;
b) the National Government having been compelled to evacuate the Free State;
c) the Department of Panama having been seized by military force.
2. Then the National Government and Armed Forces of the Free State shall take the necessary measures to deny the aggressors the benefit of conquest:
a) the Free Chilean Navy shall be immediately scuttled at Puerto Libertad;
b) the Panama Canal shall be blocked and rendered incapable of facilitating the flow of traffic;
c) the industrial capacity of Panama shall be dismantled by strategic detonations.
Executive Order No.4
Chilean Free State

A decree providing for the Defence of the Free State, by Executive Order of the Chairman of the National Defence Committee, to allocate the following;​

1. Fifteen thousand men are to be recruited from the population of the Department of Panama to serve in the Free Chilean Forces.
2. These fifteen thousand men shall be arranged into five infantry brigades.
3. These five brigades shall be incorporated into the Legion of San Martin, under the command of Field Marshal Juan Rivera.
4. This shall improve the provision for the defence of the Free State from foreign aggression.

If you are so determined on seizing the Free State by force of arms, at the expense of her people and her liberty, then so be it. I cannot prevent your insidious inclinations. But I can deny you the spoils of war. If you wage war against your fellow Chileans, you shall reap nothing but death and destruction. Thousands will perish for you to inherit a barren throne, devoid of the worth of its taking.

If, on the other hand, you remember your principles and settle for peace and prosperity, returning to the table of cooperation and negotiation, I shall likewise dismiss the extreme measures raised in the defence of the Free State and welcome you with the embrace of a fellow Chilean and patriot.

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti

I applaud the actions of President Fernandez in vetoing this horrible "Restoration" Bill. There is no need nor any room for a Monarch in the New Chile, the True Chile. Now we must adress another pressing matter. Fernandez, is it or is it not true that you have given the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the undeserving Escavado? I must voice my opposition towards such a move if it is true. This... man is not loyal to the collective beliefs of the Council, and should not be granted any position within the government. As for this "Time Table" has he brought forth, I do not see any reason for him to be setting the time standards for what we should be doing. I also support changing the name of New Chile to the Greater Nationalist Republic of Chile.

-General of the Metropolitan Army, Christiano Ferarri

There is no reason to antagonize the Free State right now... By all means, settle an order to obtain Military access through all countries bordering the Free State, but it makes no sense to bash shields on the nonce. They have a fleet we do not have, and we have an army they do not have...

I also do not see anything wrong with Señor Escovedo, he seems quite taken to the National Republican cause.

Well, well. My dear Ferrari, you have invited my thunder. Now, you shall eat your words as my recompense.

Ha... what a weak and small man this fool is. A liberal indeed, opposed to my ideas because they are infinitely superior to those that his tiny brain could strive to formulate. Not that he has made the effort, evidently. Opposition to the time table is hilariously ridiculous, as scheduling our advancements is paramount to success. Even if it were not, there is no bad done by suggesting it. Additionally, Ferrari has made a hugely stupid move by revealing the fervent behind-the-scenes planning to our enemies, as well as displaying internal strife about which not I nor I assume anyone else had any idea. I take no offense, though, and hope that my honest and truthful words are not too scathing concerning this low-life degenerate who has contributed nothing but complaints to the effort to stabilize the Government. This statement is by far his largest in recent weeks, and it is almost wholly focused upon disparaging myself, his social and intellectual superior. However, I weight his words very little if at all. I recognize that he is merely threatened by my vast superiority in the categories of intelligence, organization, idea formulation, general handsomeness, contribution to the new Government, etc., etc...

However, I digress. As I am sure many of you understand, my time table has been met with good response within the party. Fernandez has already explained to me the many things off of the time table that we are currently doing, and I approve wholeheartedly of all of his efforts and actions. That is, after all, why I am voting for him. And I am the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

I will vote YES on both bills currently on the table,

And I abstain on the naming issue. Anything but our current name is fine with me.

Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo, Minister of Foreign Affairs

I would like to propose a bill, henceforth known as the Presidential Military Authority Act to the Congreso:

Presidential Military Authority Act

1) To ensure loyalty to El Caudillo and the government, an Army Corps of specialized troops shall be stationed in Santiago and ready to command under the Caudillo's hand.
..a) This corps will number at 15,000 men, organized into five separate brigades, and shall be stationed at Santiago but will be a mobile force should war or rebellion come to Chile.
..b) This corps will be composed of the most elite and well-trained of the army, and shall be known as the "Black Legion" or, alternatively, the "Stormtroop Legion".
2) Upon the inability of the Caudillo to take command of this force, either through sickness, death, even leading or supporting revolution against Chile and her government, as well as any other reasons, the Corps will be disbanded until the Caudillo is fit and able to lead them again.
..a) This will prevent a maverick Caudillo from using the Black Legion against Chile, and will ensure that his mind will be right when he leads them in the field.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

Last edited:
Yes, I am completely in awe and wonder towards you and everything that you do. You are indeed a shinning example for what we should all strive to be. I am not opposed to establishing a time table, what I am opposed to is an insolent welp such as yourself thinking he is in some way, shape, or form better than the rest of us. You know, those of us who have been a part of Nationalist Chile since before you entered politics. You hold no respect amongst those of us who are infinitely your superior, nor will you ever hold that respect. You seem to be proud of becoming the Foreign Minister, even though the only reason the President gave you such a position is because he grew tired of your ceaseless letters asking and begging for the position. Shocked that I know about those letters? It is because Fernandez trusts and confides in me more than he does you. You hold no influence, no power, no respect, and generally no good feelings from any of the other revolutionaries of New Chile. You are and will always be nothing when compared to the rest of us. You talk and act as if you are our better, but really you are merely digging yourself into a deeper pit from which you will not be able to escape. I suggest you resign from politics and make room for the real men within this government, as you are merely preventing the rest of us from stabilizing Chile.

-General Christiano Ferarri

General Ferarri, Senor Escovedo, please refrain from aiming these attacks at one another. There is no place for fighting and bickering in our government. Debate, yes. But this has grown out of hand. You are insulting each other's character and influence in this government, and there is no place for that. Let us unite Chile together, as us, the people, strive to make our deeds ring through the ears of all around the globe.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

I myself would like to propose a name for our nation

United Nationalist American Republic

or, UNAR!

I shan't even touch the Ferrari vs. Escovedo debate at the moment, I support both men (although I must note that Escovedo has been putting forth some very good ideas).

---Caitan Crazzio---

Do you wish to trade government positions with Escovedo, honorable General Ferarri? It does not behoove us to argue over the spoils of government. We must all stand unified, staunchly as National Republicans, monoliths against the enemies of the state. The back and forth bickering between the two of you only serve to destabilize us in the eyes of our enemies, and provide them the evidence of the inferiority of our government to theirs, despite our knowledge to the contrary.

We should find something we can all agree on, which is why I request one of the honorable Senators in Chile to propose an Annexation of Bolivia bill, to begin our formation of the Greater Republic, and our ascendance to the pinnacles of state power.

As a reminder folks, do not launch personal attacks against other participants in the thread. Personal attacks include insults and abuse - don't do it. Keep in mind that every time you do, you risk this thread being locked for good.

Also, Fernandez ((thekinguter)) the two bills you have proposed are unnecessary. You can issue them as orders as Caudillo.

Secondly, keep in mind that legislating that a unit should do such-and-such in the event of its leader backing a coup is useless. If the unit follows the leader to a coup, it is already committing treason and will not heed statutory directives.

I agree, and for the second time in as many days extend a peace offering regarding the unwarranted attacks of General Ferarri.

Minister Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

President de Conti,

I applaud you for preparing for aggression against our democratic republic from the usurpers in Santiago, but I do not think section 2(a) is needed. As long as Admiral Alvarez is in control of the Navy we do not need to scuttle it. If we are attacked we should begin an immediate blockade of the mainland and maintain it until democracy is restored to Chile. We are the true fighters for democracy, we stand for one man one vote, for secret ballots, a free press and the rights of all to run for office. Until those demands are met we can not join this illegitimate government as we would be betraying the millions of Chileans who look to us as their last hope for freedom.

1. Should the existence or viability of the Free State be irreparably jeopardised:
a) the capital having been occupied by an army unaligned to the Free State;
b) the National Government having been compelled to evacuate the Free State;
c) the Department of Panama having been seized by military force.
2. Then the National Government and Armed Forces of the Free State shall take the necessary measures to deny the aggressors the benefit of conquest:
a) the Free Chilean Navy shall be immediately scuttled at Puerto Libertad;
b) the Panama Canal shall be blocked and rendered incapable of facilitating the flow of traffic;
c) the industrial capacity of Panama shall be dismantled by strategic detonations.

To Sr. Dio Guerro,

I believe you are mad. You joined Renin's coup to establish a proletarian dictatorship and supported Rios and Hakkalen's coup to form a proletarian dictatorship. Twice you have attempted to overthrow democracy by force. DeConti did not support any coup and has maintained the legitimate government of the Republic in Panama. I suggest you look at the facts before you speak and do something about your delusions.

General Juan Rivera - of the legitimate Chilean Republic

Since Guerrero stepped down as CoS, I suggest Bevan and Garcia, the members of the civilian branch of the Resistance assume leadership of the movement. I think the movement could do very well under civilian leadership. I leave all political discussions about the movement's future, strategies and our relation to the Panama Canal Zone to the our political wing. After all, I am just a soldier, I will fight the Rosenoists, politicking is not for me.

Now we must adress another pressing matter. Fernandez, is it or is it not true that you have given the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the undeserving Escavado? I must voice my opposition towards such a move if it is true. This... man is not loyal to the collective beliefs of the Council, and should not be granted any position within the government.

I have not said that Escovedo is the new foreign minister (yet) so both of you cut it out. I applaud you for your great vision regarding uniting Latin America under the party's power, and I remind you that I also follow this belief.

Why do you we need to re-name our beautiful Fatherland? The Republic of Chile is just fine.

It's just something to remind us what we are fighting for. We might still be the Third Republic, but we can call it how we like. Though the official name is Chilean State, you can call it how you want, like National Greater Republic of the State of Chile etc. We have not put this into voting, and some of your suggestions are good and everything, but during my term I'll try not to confuse everyone. Once my successor gets to power, I wont mind.

As caudillo, I cancel the voting of both bills and instead make them into orders. So I have the following orders to our government:

• We are to ask military access to the nations of Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Panama.
  • We are to plan a land route towards the panama channel that does not suffer attrition.
  • We are to have an army ready to travel to Panama if ordered.
  • We are to declare war on Argentina once the truce expires, demanding annexation.
  • We are to create an Argentine Army, led by General Hidalgo, composed of the following (9 inf, 3 cav, 6 art). This army is to defend Buenos Aires against nationalist rebels.
  • We are to investigate if we can colonize anywhere in the polynesia or in Africa.
  • The Restoration Bill is veto'ed.
  • Victor de Tagle y Fuentes is appointed as Admiral.

EDIT:

Last minute update: I have resumed negotiations with Mr. de Conti by issuing him a private letter, directly to his address and to be opened only by himself. Let us hope he agrees with this last attempt at negotiation.

Last edited: