• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is that right? We have 20 brigades, and whatever conscripts in the immidiet area show up, to prepare a defense against the the 30 brigade attack force in Santiago. As the Communistas wear themselves there, we have our Army of Patagonia, the rest of the conscripts, and possible Fuentes if he sides for Fernandez, to either relieve the Santiago defense force, or join up with the remnants of the defense army to launch a numerically superior counter.

We are in quite a strong position, I do believe.

You misunderstand me General, 23 brigades of mobilized Chileans will rise up for our Fernandez's cause.

You have miscounted, General: we can bring to the field 114,000 men.

Army of Patagonia: 54,000
1st Army of the Republic: 24,000
Capital Guard: 36,000

Then we have the upper hand. But remember, history is written by men who won battles outnumbered. Such is the way of Sun Tsu's teachings. We can still lose, like Andonie, having a majority of troops.

Is that right? We have 20 brigades, and whatever conscripts in the immidiet area show up, to prepare a defense against the the 30 brigade attack force in Santiago. As the Communistas wear themselves there, we have our Army of Patagonia, the rest of the conscripts, and possible Fuentes if he sides for Fernandez, to either relieve the Santiago defense force, or join up with the remnants of the defense army to launch a numerically superior counter.

We are in quite a strong position, I do believe.

You misunderstand me General, 23 brigades of mobilized Chileans will rise up for our Fernandez's cause.

Then this is 183,000 men. If we organize them fast enough, victory is assured.

We could always, of course, use more men. The more that give us support, the better.

Jolly ray of sunlight you are Fernandez, I would suggest optimism.

General de Porto

Heh, I just want to make sure we don't forget any detail. We must be very careful.

"This is ridiculous, our politics has been bristling with radicalism for years and this is the result! Communists bring about the very reactionary coup they feared in a pitiful self-fulfilling prophecy, and both sides wish to see democracy die. I can only commend the President and his supporters for their continued loyalty to the republic.

I ask all those of us still loyal to the principles which make us as a nation strong: the right of the people to free speech, fair representation, property and the rule of law to stand together. To fight this oncoming tide of misfortune and treachery as we did the Empire a long time ago. It is the just middle that will always survive, not these fringe dictators on both the left and right."

-José Olózaga

I will not, under any circumstances, support a monarchy!

I support a transitory government to lead to a better Chile, but I will not allow 'Prince' Roseno to re-establish that foolish empire.

"Practically Mr Santa Rosa, there is no difference between a tyrannical monarchy and a tyrannical republic.

You're a disgrace to your grandfather."

-José Olózaga

"Practically Mr Santa Rosa, there is no difference between a tyrannical monarchy and a tyrannical republic.

You're a disgrace to your father."

-José Olózaga
No sir you are a disgrace, Chileans will never again support a monarchy the honorable ArchBishop will never let us sink to such depravity.

We do not stand for the dissolution of democracy: quite to the contrary, in fact. We stand against the anti-democratic red devils, while also seeking to improve upon the basis we already have. There are various flaws with what we have now: with the National Revolution, these flaws will be patched up and we will have a system of government capable of uniting all the people of Chile, regardless of class or color, under a single banner, where the Fatherland will then be able to achieve the greatness it is destined for.

Alia Iacta Est!

---Caitan Crazzio---

Under the National Government, Chile will be a world power or will not be at all!

Take up the torch of liberty, fellow Chileans; for today, we fight for freedom against the shackles that the communists would dare impose upon us!

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

"If you did not stand for the dissolution of democracy this coup wouldn't be necessarily. You'd be able to put on trial the Marxist "revolutionaries" for treason under the current state of affairs and following proper legal procedure. Your idea of unity is not unity. It's the removal of all those whom have conflicting views. Not done by the consent of the Chilean people, but by force."

-José Olózaga

I am inclined to agree with Mr. Olozaga, except that it was not practical at the time. Once half of the Status Qou government declared for Fernandez, Chilean democracy was already lost. We need to make a choice sometimes, and in the end it came down to Communism and Rightism, we will fix the inefficances of the Republic later. Now at least, we fight against Communism.

So, then. We have reached the defining hour of Chile's future. There are three routs to be taken; soulless communists, spineless moderates, or devoted and principled conservatives. The choice has become clear, to the tune of 200,000 troops. Men of Government and of the military, you were today presented with the opportunity to make history by creating the future. Many of you answered the call, but I am disappointed to admit that not all have.

Fuentes is a smart man, and a Patriota to boot. He has been with us from the start; this message is not for him. Noble men like Admiral Alvarez, however, should indeed read this address. Chile is now hurtling into an era of prosperity, one free from internal strife caused by the dastardly political left.

Thus, it is the duty of every man who has the interests of Chile at heart to support the honorable Archbishop Fernandez in his glorious revolution!

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

Better an elected leader who would declare himself dictator, like De Conti, then the poisonous cabal assembled behind Fernandez. Better still those who the individual men and women of Chile can trust to restore democracy as soon as possible, men grounded in the the will of the people, men like Haakalein and Rios!

The will of what people? The only people I see following these men are the soldiers who operate under them. If it was the will of the people to operate under Communism, they would have elected a Communist government. So do not pretend to hold a moral high-ground in this regard. The people voted in Rightists, not Communistas.

You mean one man whom quarreled with the president, overstepped his bounds as Chief of Staff, and unilaterally appointed generals for the sake of an anti-democratic coup with no basis whatsoever on the will of the people save whatever rhetoric the Finn shoves into their mouths, and another whom is so absolutely embittered by the loss of his preferred candidate that he would forsake democracy in order to institute his own mob rule, on the basis that somehow the election was "unfair" and "rigged" (strange that it is only unfair when a man of the right is elected and not when a man of the left is, despite the fact that Gogolow's presidency was practically built on the bones of the liberales after Andonie's failed coup)?

Yes, better still indeed.

Are you patently insane, Senor Guerrero, or has your propaganda simply become so contrived that not even you believe it any more?

If I sought to install myself as a tyrant, I just passed up the greatest opportunity to do so. If my sole concern was the aggrandisement of my authority, I would have stepped up and seized control at the head of this insurrection. But I did not. I have no need to exploit extralegal means of gaining power. Because unlike the traitors Hakkihäälenin and Rios, the people elected me into office. It is they who reject the outcome of a democratic election; it is they who would have themselves made dictators and despots.

I could take the unsubstantiated barbs against my character. I have suffered worse abuse in this term, at your hands and others. But to then frame Hakkihäälenin and Rios as champions of democracy when they have both called for the democratic institutions of the Republic to be dissolved and replaced by a plebeian dictatorship? Do you presume the Chilean people to be idiots, Senor Guerrero? Do you presume that they cannot see what is unfolding before their very eyes?

The Partido Comunista denies the mandate of the people and tramples on the exercise of their democracy. Have you no shame?

- President Charles Maximilien de Conti