• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"Has that uprising been justified by people that are not on the left? If you care to research Juarez's coup, it was because he lost an election."

Severiano Miramontes

Did I mention the mentally unstable and deceased Juarez? No? I thought so. Juarez's coup attempt was totally unjustified and the product of an anti-democratic mind. However, I was not referring to him at all. I am offended that you would imply such a thing.

- General Remedio Hakkihäälenin

"I express my concern towards a man of only 19 becoming a colonel, when at his age he has not even finished officer training. Otherwise, I am proud of Augusto de Sant Rosa, and trust that he will become a good nationalist.

"Also, Hakkihäälenin, I doubt you would call him mentally unstable if he won. It is only because he lost that you try to distance him for yourself."

Severiano Miramontes

"Also, Hakkihäälenin, I doubt you would call him mentally unstable if he won. It is only because he lost that you try to distance him for yourself."

Severiano Miramontes

Really? He aimed to establish a dictatorship for himself. Why would I have supported him even if he had won? Also, I was never a part of the CCP at that time ether and no matter the outcome would have opposed him. If you did not know, I was a member of the FNT at that time. Your accusations ring hollow.

The Juarez uprising happened because he was mad. The large Communist rebellion happened because of the unfair purges in the military. But I ask you: these were Communist uprisings, uprisings FNT generals who proudly served their country helped to put down. FNT has never risen up against the Republic. FNT has many capable military leaders ready to protect our nation. I am getting a bad vibe that the whole President vs. CoS conflict has a hidden agenda, to purge the military of all left wing officers. Why else would the president present a list where all competent FNT generals have been replaced by his right wing allies? Why are you purging the FNT from the military? Are you planning a coup?

I request the President reassign me to the Ambassadorship of Italy, as I have grown tired of this political squabbling (Francisco de Santa Rosa retires from Chilean politics, and now my new character).

Augusto de Santa Rosa

Born: 25 November 1877.
Office: Colonel in Grand Army of the Republic
Political views: Unknown/ Independent

Augusto de Santa Rosa was born in the aftermath of the Fourth Chilean War, and saw the Republic struggle to defeat the much weaker Argentina in his youth. The fiercely nationalistic young man decided to go against his father's wishes and seek a military career, graduating from the Military Academy of Santiago in 1895, after only one year of attending. By 1896, through a mixture of military talent and family connections, the young soldier had reached the rank of Colonel.

---

As my father has decided to retire, I will voice my opinion in his stead. I will support the President in this matter, as the Chief of Staff has now been granted far to much power, which I know, and our new President knows, must be curtaile so that Chile can rebuild it's military strength.

I am certain that the former General de Conti will make fine military appointments.

I would point out to the young man, that firstly it is only the military voting in this. Also anyone under the age of 30 cannot participate to the best of my memory...

I would point out to the young man, that firstly it is only the military voting in this. Also anyone under the age of 30 cannot participate to the best of my memory...

No character under the age of 30 can become the President. They can still participate.

No character under the age of 30 can become the President. They can still participate.

Thank you speaker for clarifying, I knew it was something like that. Still it is an example of what the right is doing that they think a 19 year old should command our armies.

I too am concerned about a 19 year old colonel. How has someone so young acquired a rank so high?

"If my accusations ring hollow, then so do yours."

Severiano Miramontes

Perhaps, or perhaps not. Only time will tell.

General Remedio Hakkihäälenin, I understand your frustrations with the slowness that the left has moved to counter this threat from the right. However I feel that the Communist Party is not the right home for you. It is important that we be united against these people who would tear down our democracy and destroy our soldiers and the workers of this proud country. I would ask you to reconsider your membership of the Communists and look to rejoin us in the FNT.

General Rios

Chief of Staff

Rios, I urge you to reconsider your aggressive lines against the President. When I and my party are contacted by the Chief of Staff in ways such as we have been quite recently, we Patriotas are wary of seditious talk. You are an aggressor against fellow Generals, and your desperation to implement Communist Generals is threatening at best.

You should do your job and focus on the military rather than political aspects of your position.

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

It seems that the record was off slightly, as I was born in 1875, not 1877 (making me a more respectable 21). So your concerns about my youth are well deserved, but do not worry, as I graduated at the top of my class and have served this past year without incident.

I am obviously for the President! Chile need unity under a strong leader, not decentralization and bickerin amongst his subordinates. Let this be a message to all politicians and generals, if you cross your democratically elected president, things will go badly for you. I would see Rios ousted from his position if he continues to try to usurp any of my President's power.

---Caitan Crazzio---

General Remedio Hakkihäälenin, I understand your frustrations with the slowness that the left has moved to counter this threat from the right. However I feel that the Communist Party is not the right home for you. It is important that we be united against these people who would tear down our democracy and destroy our soldiers and the workers of this proud country. I would ask you to reconsider your membership of the Communists and look to rejoin us in the FNT.

General Rios

Chief of Staff

How so? Have you not seen what the Right has done? They throw us Leftists out at every turn and attempt to purge us? How will the FNT bring us anywhere? Even moderation has failed, though I admit to not knowing the current situation of the FNT due to the death of Chairman Gogołów. Your statement of the necessity of a united front does hold some reason though, I am feeling quite lonely in the CCP. Yet still, will the Right not continue to oppose and repress us?

Rios, I urge you to reconsider your aggressive lines against the President. When I and my party are contacted by the Chief of Staff in ways such as we have been quite recently, we Patriotas are wary of seditious talk. You are an aggressor against fellow Generals, and your desperation to implement Communist Generals is threatening at best.

You should do your job and focus on the military rather than political aspects of your position.

I'm sorry Sir, but what? CoS Rios has not approached me with any offer of generalship at all.

Last edited:

Communists? The CoS is protesting switching key generals on the eve of a war. None of them was a Communist. I also feel that there's some kind of hostility towards the left, that lead the president to not appoint a single left wing general. Still, we produce as fine and loyal officers as the right.

"Gonzales, how many left-wing military officers are there compared to right-wing ones? I ask you to make a comparison, as it will show why you can't remove all of them."

Severiano Miramontes

General Hakkihäälenin, the right will indeed continue to opress us and our fellow workers but more so if we are disunited. They see our weakness and pounce but we must be ready and strong and stand up for ourselves. If we do not stand up for the people of Chile then who will!!!! Certainly not the right who are more interested in making money than helping people. Certainly not the right who think they can enslave the workers of all of South America. Certainly not the right who think they can stack the military with their jackbooted cronies. NO. It is WE who will continue to stand up for the workers of Chile, for they have no voice, they have been deceived at the ballot box, tricked into thinking they will have a progressive government, only to wake up and find the boot of the opressor on their neck.

This is why you must rejoin us so we can stand up to these tyrants.

General Rios
Chief of Staff

General Hakkihäälenin, the right will indeed continue to opress us and our fellow workers but more so if we are disunited. They see our weakness and pounce but we must be ready and strong and stand up for ourselves. If we do not stand up for the people of Chile then who will!!!! Certainly not the right who are more interested in making money than helping people. Certainly not the right who think they can enslave the workers of all of South America. Certainly not the right who think they can stack the military with their jackbooted cronies. NO. It is WE who will continue to stand up for the workers of Chile, for they have no voice, they have been deceived at the ballot box, tricked into thinking they will have a progressive government, only to wake up and find the boot of the opressor on their neck.

This is why you must rejoin us so we can stand up to these tyrants.

General Rios
Chief of Staff

This is so incredibly ridiculous that I am surprised these words come from the mouth of a military man such as myself. The right does not seek to "enslave the workers of South America" (quite honestly the opposite). We wish to liberate the people of Argentina and, at the same time, destroy the Germanista government that has set up shop in our neighbors. De Conti did not "deceive at the ballot box" - he won in a coalition with the Republicanos and the Patriotas, fair and square, against Gogolow and the FNT.

And I would like to add that that letter does sound a bit rebellious, if I do say so myself.

- Gen. Sebastian Hidalgo

To all Naval Officers:
walespng.jpg

As you know, there is a Congressional Crisis ongoing between the President and the Chief of Staff over unreconciled plans for military assignments. I am writing to you to give the Navy's stance on this issue.

The role of the Chief of Staff was to check the President's ability to push through uncompromising and uncontrolled military assignments, as legislators learned from previous political maneuvers that to give such overwhelming power over the military to the President alone was a dangerous precedent. I find that in these actions, President de Conti, who I supported in his run for presidency, has overstepped his mandated powers and usurped the legislated role for the Chief of Staff. I side with the office of the Chief of Staff and whatever appointments may be made with their consent or with the legal mandate of the Chilean Congress. Appointments made without these mandates are to be considered illegal and void.

- Admiral Eduardo Alvarez

Unfortunately I have no say in the matter. It is the job of the Presidente and the COS to agree concurrently, and thus I find this whole affair distasteful. They should not be able to win armies for their support, and then trade the abstentions. I firmly hope the COS and Presidente can work out their differences, to prevent any harsh feelings in the government in this term.

-Colonel De Porto