• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Parties as in people or groups of people, not political parties.

It is unnecessary to close read my statements, they are quite as shallow as they appear at face value. I was saying that when evidence is presented from someone, inculpating another, we cannot be so rash as to act on it in defense of one over another. While the truth might be apparent to the people involved, for everyone else we only see half truths from different sources.

I am not saying there is no threat and that the evidence is irrelevant. I am saying we cannot start accusing one person and another of betrayals which have not happened, nor were even in the workings of occurring.

I did not mean to insinuate anyone had an agenda in the negative purpose of the word, but in the biases we all either bring to our discussions, or end up using as a film from which we see evidence. We have a bias from the people with whom the private conversation occurred, and more importantly we have the biases that we take when hearing of this private conversation.

Colonel de Porto

Last edited:
What does your investigation entail Señor, practically speaking?

I must change my Chief of Staff vote to De Porto, because I am convinced that he will take advantage of this time of Argentina's corruption and weakness for the good of the people, and not for the good of the party.

As for the accusations, I hardly think that a full investigation is necessary. I have sworn an oath that a coup has never and will never be in my plans. There is no treason committed, regardless; I was not with Schmidt, and I have never in my life killed or threatened to kill another man. Investigate as you will, but you and I both know that nothing will come of it, because there is nothing to be made out of it.

Now, as for my proposition regarding Argentina; I will copy it into the Congreso's current planner so that it does not get lost in old documents. It is as follows:

A Declaration of Intent Regarding Argentina:
Be It Resolved That:

-The harmful Germanistas must not have power in South America, and Chilean initiative must stem their current hold on Argentina;

-It is desirable to have the current territories of Argentina under our rule, and this can only be accomplished through military means;

-Thus, war must be declared on Argentina for the good of her people and for the safety of ours from Germanista influence;

-Any territory acquired during the course of said conflict is to be annexed as a National province, and the Argentinian people made citizens as soon as possible.

Please declare your support for this bill. The time is right to unite the Southern end of our continent and become even more influential on the international stage than we already are.

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

What does your investigation entail Señor, practically speaking?
This particular investigation can begin with President Rivera's evidence against him being looked into, coupled with investigation's into the lives of all those mentioned in the letter, not to accuse them but to look into any information they have to offer, and we see what comes up. Afterward's we can have a formal vote on the subject of whether Escovedo is guilty or not.

Even with the controversies people are associating with you, and the integrity of my own person put into question in recent events associated with you and El Presidente's alleged private conversations, I am grateful for your support for my candidacy for COS.

I can only hope your name is cleared soon so we can get past these poisonous dealings in the senate, and move on to sane government once again.

I too believe something must be done about Argentina. I am not sure in the present climate all our war for annexation would be seen as good to the other nations of the world, but we should prepare for an inevitable conflict which will no doubt be instigated by the Anarchists on our border.

I hope you understand this type of investigation is unprecedented. We have had other questions of integrity in the past, why go after this one at this time I wonder?

You are not the courts, Salazar. You do not determine guilt, nor does the President or the Congreso. There cannot be a "bill" regarding the alleged guilt of a senator! This ordeal has been ruining for myself and for many others who were so wrongfully accused alongside me, including the honorable Colonel de Porto! You have heard it from him, and from many other ministers and generals: I did not contact anyone regarding support for a coup!

I asked Rivera for a temporary position in Government, and this is the limit of my involvement with him. Now, we must go about our actual business as good Government men. Salazar, you should ready yourself for whatever units may be placed under your command by the honorable de Conti.

And, we should all vote on the bill that I have presented regarding anarchist Argentina. Our conquest of these vagabonds is paramount to our success on the International stage!

I hope you understand this type of investigation is unprecedented. We have had other questions of integrity in the past, why go after this one at this time I wonder?
Look at the state of our republic? Rife with corruption, constant coups and rebellion's. Something must be done we must stop coup's we must be stricter with militias and we must hold politician and statesman accountable for their action's. This would only be the first step to eliminating corruption from our glorious republic.

You are not the courts, Salazar. You do not determine guilt, nor does the President or the Congreso. There cannot be a "bill" regarding the alleged guilt of a senator! This ordeal has been ruining for myself and for many others who were so wrongfully accused alongside me, including the honorable Colonel de Porto! You have heard it from him, and from many other ministers and generals: I did not contact anyone regarding support for a coup!

I asked Rivera for a temporary position in Government, and this is the limit of my involvement with him. Now, we must go about our actual business as good Government men. Salazar, you should ready yourself for whatever units may be placed under your command by the honorable de Conti.

And, we should all vote on the bill that I have presented regarding anarchist Argentina. Our conquest of these vagabonds is paramount to our success on the International stage!

Your right I am not the court I am not the law, but congresso is the law and this bill will not just have your particular case put under heavy investigation but all future cases regarding treason.

In fact, Salazar, your bill is a noble but unfortunately flawed idea. The investigation into my own conduct is wasteful and frivolous, but if you must investigate then have at it.

However, I think that the investigation of coups would be an impossibility. Many coups are completely secret until they have begun. Thus, investigation would be a non-effect in most cases.

Perhaps an amendment would do well, and the bureau could be for punishment as opposed to investigation.

Regards,

In fact, Salazar, your bill is a noble but unfortunately flawed idea. The investigation into my own conduct is wasteful and frivolous, but if you must investigate then have at it.

However, I think that the investigation of coups would be an impossibility. Many coups are completely secret until they have begun. Thus, investigation would be a non-effect in most cases.

Perhaps an amendment would do well, and the bureau could be for punishment as opposed to investigation.

Regards,

I fail to see how an amendment would accomplish anything and how an investigation into the idea that someone plotted to overthrow the republic is wasteful or frivolous.
What do you have to hide Senator?

I fail to see how an amendment would accomplish anything and how an investigation into the idea that someone plotted to overthrow the republic is wasteful or frivolous.
What do you have to hide Senator?

What, have you procured false evidence of Senor Escovedo's "wrongdoings"? I fear, Senor, that you possibly have your own agenda that you are pushing simply with the "evidence" that old President Rivera has procured.

"I voice my continued support for Escovedo. There are no basis to these charges, except personal letters, which can not be proved. This man is innocent! He works in Chile's best interest, that of stability, and authority! I must agree with General De Porto on this issue."

-Crown Prince Daniel Jesus Roseno

What, have you procured false evidence of Senor Escovedo's "wrongdoings"? I fear, Senor, that you possibly have your own agenda that you are pushing simply with the "evidence" that old President Rivera has procured.
Señor, all I want is to know the truth. President Rivera is a man of honor and though I do not simply expect people to take him at his word his voice does hold wait and a full investigation is in the public's best interest's.

"I voice my continued support for Escovedo. There are no basis to these charges, except personal letters, which can not be proved. This man is innocent! He works in Chile's best interest, that of stability, and authority! I must agree with General De Porto on this issue."

-Crown Prince Daniel Jesus Roseno

To be honest, your support certainly doesn't help him. I was going to ignore this debacle as some stupid bourgeois private feud, but if the so called "Prince Roseno" takes sides alarm bells should ring.

I will address the issue of the exposed plot in the next update.

President:
De Conti ((Syriana)): 11
Gogołów ((Dyranum)): 3

Chief of Staff:
Rios ((rudders10)): 5
Sebastian Hidalgo ((MastahCheef117)):
Juan De Porto ((zagoroth)): 2
Christiano Ferarri ((King50000)): 2
Abstain: 1

I thank you all, my friends, for proving that I am innocent. There is nothing to hide for me, and Colonel Salazar would do well to let the situation die instead of advancing his own liberal agenda by eliminating right-wing standard bearers like myself. I have been vindicated of any wrongdoing by countless individuals, and President Rivera's claim of lacking any agenda is pure falsification. He obviously wants to keep the Republicanos moderate as opposed to what they are supposed to be, and has thus forced me to change my affiliation to the Patriotas party through countless attacks.

Now, let us move on to the business at hand instead of being dragged back into an era of corruption and backstabbing by an irrelevant Colonel who commands no troops and has not even taken the time to vote in the election. Thus, you can see that he has no concern for the Democratic process, because he has abdicated his involvement within it in favor of personal attacks against myself and my allies to advance his own agenda.

Now, as pertains to the bill that I have introduced: I maintain my call to war against the Anarchists and Germanists in Argentina. The Southern portion of our continent must be united under the banner of Chile. Furthermore, the threat of Germanist ambition against our civilians and Government has no place in a neighboring nation.

If the anarchists do not want an Argentinian Government, then by God we will deliver unto them a Chilean Government.