• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Party: Communistas
Right To Serve Act: Yes
Chief of Staff Empowerment Bill: Yes
Military Command Act: Yes

Party: Republicanos
Candidate: de Conti
Coalition: with Patriotas
Coalition Candidate: de Conti
Military Command Act: Abstain

Last edited:
Candidate: Escovedo
Coalition: with Patriotas
Coalition Candidate: Escovedo
Chief of Staff Empowerment Bill: Abstain
Military Command Act: Abstain

To further explain my platform, I am:

Jingoistic

Moralist

Interventionist

Basically Free Trade, perhaps a minor tariff depending on the requests of consituents

Limited Citizenship

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

Party: Patriotas
Candidate: Charles Maximilien de Conti
Coalition: With Republicanos
Coalition Candidate: de Santa Rosa

Changed my vote to Maximilien. He's truly enlightened

Archbishop Fernandez

Last edited:
It is imperative that we preserve our dignity as a Democratic nation, and I will see that we do not lose our faith in the system.

With Respect,

Last edited:
Oh, please. As if adorning oneself with a royal title to a government that does not exist, has not existed for a very long time, and likely will not exist within the span of that person's lifetime is any reason to disallow someone from running for office.

What if I granted myself the title, "Emperor of the Earth" and ran, would you insist that I too step down from the race?

Oh, please. As if adorning oneself with a royal title to a government that does not exist, has not existed for a very long time, and likely will not exist within the span of that person's lifetime is any reason to disallow someone from running for office.

What if I granted myself the title, "Emperor of the Earth" and ran, would you insist that I too step down from the race?

I would insist that you are a madman.

Honorable friends of the Congreso Nacional,

I come to you today with unfortunate news regarding a subversion of Chilean law and democracy by someone who many including myself considered to be a principled and honorable candidate. This man's blatant misinformation and misrepresentation of himself relied upon all of you to remain unaware of the law of our glorious land. Now, I hold it possible that General Charles Maximilien himself did not understand the law, and I hope that you all would share in my mercy.

The great offense that he has committed is to make a sham and mockery of the Republicano primaries and election proper. As we all well know, General Maximilien has oft finished his slanderous correspondence with the title "Prince de Conti". Well, my friends, he is indeed the Prince de Conti, French nobility that traces its line to the Bourbon dynasty of France.

This may all seem well and good to you, but noble members of the Chilean Congreso, we are duty-bound as the body protecting the sanctity of Chile's laws to notice that an unamended clause within our own Constitution prevents and forbids holders of foreign title to be employed or hold office within the Government.

Therefore, I would respectfully ask that the Prince de Conti steps down from the election for the sake of the Chilean democratic process. As a show of good faith and to display my commitment to the Democratic system above my commitment to personal ambition, I will join him in leaving the primaries and declaring an end to my candidacy should he do what is right and necessary.

It is imperative that we preserve our dignity as a Democratic nation, and I will see that we do not lose our faith in the system.

With Respect,

I am dissapointed but not suprised you would take this course of action Escovede. This is simply another political ploy to further your own career.
Your losing the primary to a far more capable men, so instead of accepting your defeat with grace you try to force one of your rival's out of the race and from ever competing again thus making it easier for you if you run in the future. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if you contacted De Santa Rosa and asked if you could have a place in his government for helping him win the race in this way, this is truly despicable.

Ask De Santa Rosa; in fact, do not. I do not talk to liberals who run as Republicanos, anyways. Go to your troops, Colonel. Oh, never mind, you have none. Go vote, Colonel. Oh, never mind, you cannot. Go pass judgement on your betters like me. It seems that you can do that quite well.

I'm not entirely sure I understand you, sir. Could you please re-phrase your statement?

In any case, a title such as Prince of Conti means nothing at all, especially when the implications of such a title are out of date and no longer applicable. If it inferred a true sense of loyalty and/or authority over another land, then I would understand, but as it stands your accusations are, if anything, simply political rhetoric that hold little if any ground.

I would insist that you are a madman.

That does not answer my original question.

I'll have to assume then that since you apparently cannot bring yourself to answer my question with a "yes, it is a "no", and therefore you have no more right to insist Maximilian step down than to insist I do so, were I to run, as the titles are equally meaningless.

Last edited:
Candidate: Francisco de Santa Rosa
Coalition: Patriotas
Coalition Candidate: Santa Rosa
Right to Serve Act: Yes
Empowerment Act: Abstain

Can the fourth portion of the Right to Serve Act be explained to me; I don't understand it.

Ask De Santa Rosa; in fact, do not. I do not talk to liberals who run as Republicanos, anyways. Go to your troops, Colonel. Oh, never mind, you have none. Go vote, Colonel. Oh, never mind, you cannot. Go pass judgement on your betters like me. It seems that you can do that quite well.
I have troops and they may be very interested in hearing you saying they don't exsist. Sir you are a brainless man, I sincerely hope you do not become president.

Candidate: Francisco de Santa Rosa
Coalition: Patriotas
Coalition Candidate: Santa Rosa
Right to Serve Act: Yes
Empowerment Act: Abstain

Can the fourth portion of the Right to Serve Act be explained to me; I don't understand it.

The fourth portion basically protect soldiers from being discharged from the army due to false accusations. If the army claim there's a reason for a discharge they need to prove it through evidence or credible witnesses.

Candidate: De Conti
Coalition: With Patriotas
Coalition Candidate: De Conti
Military Command Act: No

As Senor Sáez has already illustrated, the title of Prince de Conti is lapsed. It holds no political or ceremonial value. It is a courtesy title. As such, Senor de Escovedo's appeal to the constitution holds no force of law. It may be dismissed for what it is: a desperate effort to derail a rival candidate. He has offered nothing but discourtesy to myself and to my honourable opponent, Senor de Santa Rosa. Hardly the man to unify the Partido Republicano.

I may be a prince, Senor de Escovedo, but God willing, you shall never be president.

- General Charles Maximilien, Prince de Conti

I must say that it is about time Bills such as these were finally brought forth before the Congresso, now if only we could fully separate the Military from the vile influences of politics then this relationship would be perfect.

- Minister of Defense, Christiano Ferarri, CoS Candidate

At the very least we are constaintly striving to get rid of the unending swarms of coups that have rocked Chile for almost 50 years.

Candidate: De Conti
Coalition: With Patriotas
Coalition Candidate: De Conti
Military Command Act: No

As Senor Sáez has already illustrated, the title of Prince de Conti is lapsed. It holds no political or ceremonial value. It is a courtesy title. As such, Senor de Escovedo's appeal to the constitution holds no force of law.

- General Charles Maximilien, Prince de Conti

I'll admit it. My history was flawed. I hope that after these elections we may share a good laugh about the title, as France is long beyond a Bourbon Government. As you may see, I removed my flawed argument from the Congreso.

We must not waste time attacking each other as men who share ideologies. The country will be well off no matter who wins between you and I. If De Santa Rosa wins, then we are merely the Liberales reskinned, but if that is the will of the party then so be it.

We are both hard dealing candidates, General Maximilien. It is a beautiful thing to see ideologies clash, because they must be tested in fire before being put to use.

Good Luck to you,

I changed my vote, from Santa Rosa to Maximilien de Conti.