+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 546 FirstFirst ... 313 338 363 388 403 411 412 413 414 415 423 438 463 488 513 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 10914

Thread: Shadow of the Andes - An Interactive Chilean AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Allied Government Stability Act: No
    1894 Land Reform Act: No
    Agrarian Agglomeration Act: Abstain

After this crisis we must think long and hard why the Communists felt forced to use violence. I think there has been an unfair persecution of our Communist brothers in the army. I also think that the government have ignored the workers and even tried to provoke this kind of rebellion by insulting the poor whenever they could. I believe the only way to change this nation is through the ballots, and I believe I will live and see the day when the Bourgeois are voted out of the Congreso, and true reforms can be enacted. But FNT must do more to stop this terror against the working classes. When the Communists collapse, we might end up being the only ones working for their cause, and that would be a sad day indeed. With that we get even more responsibility to end this unfair treatment.
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

El Presidente of Tropico & etc Ivir Baggins's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    500k club

"As Minister for the Interior, there is little I can do regarding the complaints of the Communists. What I can do, however, is ensure that these crimes against the state are duly punished. I know that Renin and Guerrero have their reasons for rebelling, and they are legitimate reasons, but it still does not make any less of a crime against the laws of the nation. I speak not as a partisan, but as a judge. These people have broken the law, and as such they must be punished."

Severiano Miramontes
    Minister for the Interior
    "Moab is my washpot, and over Edom shall I cast out my shoe." - Psalm 108:9

I have a YouTube channel!

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Here, Here! This mass charity drive is great idea archbishop Fernandez! I only wish that i had thought of it myself. I shall pledge my time... er... money that is... to the cause. It will also be my pleasure to employ these (in the words of the late Armando Renin) shivering, cowering masses in one of my factories. With employment comes prosperity! We will bring prosperity to all eschelons of Chile.

---Caitan Crazzio---
    P. K. Vos, colonial financier and "war hero" in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe

500k club

"Crazzio, charity is all well and good, but we cannot rely simply on the goodwill of people's hearts, for the great are not always the good. What we need is a formal benefits system, designed to help people into employment whilst supporting them when there is none. We must provide not only incentives to work; we must also provide work."

Severiano Miramontes

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

Read my statement again, senor... these huddled masses yearning to breathe free are welcome to work in the factories and mines of Chile. Our economy is booming, there is no problem with unemployment. To find work, one must only look for it.

---Caitan Crazzio---
    P. K. Vos, colonial financier and "war hero" in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by cavebear3000 View Post
    Read my statement again, senor... these huddled masses yearning to breathe free are welcome to work in the factories and mines of Chile. Our economy is booming, there is no problem with unemployment. To find work, one must only look for it.

---Caitan Crazzio---
    I think you are incorrect Senor. There are a large number of provinces where there are not the factories or the capacity to employ the thousands of unemployede. You can not just make glib statements that are not based in fact. For a Minister of Trade and Development you seem to have a lck of understanding of simple suppy and demand.

General Rios
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

In my opinion one of the ways to ease the burdens of the workers is to enact social reforms. I think it's shameful that there hasn't been more of them done. Pensions and Security Regulations are things most workers crave for and are willing to fight for.
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

Quote Originally Posted by yourworstnightm View Post
    In my opinion one of the ways to ease the burdens of the workers is to enact social reforms. I think it's shameful that there hasn't been more of them done. Pensions and Security Regulations are things most workers crave for and are willing to fight for.
    I agree, we need to be able to support those whom the system is letting down.

General Rios
    Carlos Andonie the Third, Liberal politician International Man of Mystery in Shadow of the Andes - Interactive AAR

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Allied Government Stability Act: No
    1894 Land Reform Act: No
    Agrarian Agglomeration Act: Abstain

As this Revolution is not supported by the people, I simply cannot support it. I therefore support the Third Republic.

However, I am appalled at Rivera's actions. The irrational purging of "Juarista" elements from armies which have shown themselves loyal to the Republic and who fought Juarez is most detestable. It was done without any basis, and this whole predicament is wholly the fault of Rivera. I therefore RESIGN in protest from my position as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

- Sérgio Gogołów
    Last edited by Dyranum; 15-02-2012 at 18:02.
    Shynka: "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling."

Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am disappointed with the news of your resignation Sr. Gogolow. Your have served Chile well. I ask any Chileans who wish to serve as Minister of Foreign Affairs to contact my office. I have faith that the Minister of Defence and our Generals will defeat this rebellion with the most minimal loss of life possible. Hopefully the Red Guards will put down their arms when see that their cause is doomed.

President Rivera
    Henri Renard - Minister of Wallonia - Deputy for Liege -KKP- Brewer/Entrepreneur - Died of sepsis following a wound suffered during a duel with the Viscount
    Formerly Simon Giroux - Minister of Labour - Deputy for Charleroi - Belgian Social Union - Deputy Leader

Formerly Willem Goossens - Deputy for Brugge - conservative - President of Belgian Veterans Society 1818-1871
    Originally Jean Galler - Deputy for Brussels - Constitutional Delegate and Signer of Belgium Constitution
    in Edge of Europe- A Belgian Interactive V2 AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

This is the second time in as many years that the left has revolted in the face of exponentially rising prosperity! Thus, it is obvious that power of the left and not prosperity of the people is weighing on the minds of the Comunistas.

I would propose that, with the conclusion of this rebllion and the securing of Presidente Rivera's power, we enact a state of emergency.

The Comunistas must be purged, and their power so severely limited that they are forbidden from participating in Government! They must not have the idea that they can have any power; only then they will not want to fight for it.

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo
    "Après moi, le déluge"

The Republic of Man, an alternate U.S. where Jefferson and Paine's ideas held more sway early on.
    Ya Basta! Patria o muerte, venceremos!
    Dio Guerrero from Arica (b. 1836), Communist, democrat, Resistance fighter in ThunderHawk's "Shadow of the Andes" AAR

Liberal philosopher and Nantucket native Prof. Simon Firefly in BBB's "The Presidents" Interactive AAR

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them. - William Jennings Bryan (1896)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by OldCleric View Post
    This is the second time in as many years that the left has revolted in the face of exponentially rising prosperity! Thus, it is obvious that power of the left and not prosperity of the people is weighing on the minds of the Comunistas.

I would propose that, with the conclusion of this rebllion and the securing of Presidente Rivera's power, we enact a state of emergency.

The Comunistas must be purged, and their power so severely limited that they are forbidden from participating in Government! They must not have the idea that they can have any power; only then they will not want to fight for it.

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo
    This man is starting to sound like the madman Disraeli. You are condoning the establishment of a dictatorship on no valid grounds at all. This measure you advocate would mean the end of Chile as we know it. It will give rise to a ruthless, merciless and oppressive dictatorship.

- Sérgio Gogołów
    Shynka: "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling."

Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

500k club

"Gogolow, the choice would be between that and a Communist takeover. However, it should not be that urgent. Hopefully, neither will happen, but eventually measures will have to be taken to limit the power of the Communistas.

"Escovedo, although your proposal is well-founded, surely the state of emergency should be during the rebellion, not after?"

Severiano Miramontes

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club

President Rivera's purge is horrible, and must be combated. However, this battle must be fought in the Congreso, not on the fields of Chile or Argentina. I urge the President to reaffirm those Reg Guard's who have not risen up that they are indeed soldiers of the Republic. On the same note, the Red Guard must act as a force for the Republic, not the force of an ideology! Such organizations will be the death of Chile!
    Franz Ferdinand von Habsburg-Lorraine (b. 18 December 1863) in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals" , FoE Secondary/Voting Character : Deputy Yehoshua Rabinov (n. 30 May 1860)
    General Pierre Maurice Pilon, War Commissar (b. 19 January 1866) in Thunderhawk's Edge of Europe , EoE Secondary Character: Director/Actor/Playwright Leo Frost (b. 1879)
    Prince Yamagata Aritomo, Marshal and Prime Minister of Greater Japan (and the 'Civilian' Government in general) in Keldonia's A Question of Power
    Marcus Servilius Geminus (b. 29 May 671 AVC) in Plank of Wood's SPQR - The Republic of Rome , Salvatore Mauro (b. 1879) in Dadarian's The Family
    The Durrani Empire in Frymonmon's WiR: 1778
    Fan of the Week 10.7.12 , 1.6.14 : Role PlayAAR of the Month June, 2014
    Has the Invisible Pink Unicorn's divine horn been thrust into you today? Well, has it!?
    "We don't want to not kill people, we want to win." ~ Keperry, 2014

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardo93 View Post
    President Rivera's purge is horrible, and must be combated. However, this battle must be fought in the Congreso, not on the fields of Chile or Argentina. I urge the President to reaffirm those Reg Guard's who have not risen up that they are indeed soldiers of the Republic. On the same note, the Red Guard must act as a force for the Republic, not the force of an ideology! Such organizations will be the death of Chile!
    This is what we have tried to ask of the Communists: but Renin and his men have refused to do so, continuing to claim it is for the "People" and not the Republic.
    Shahanshah Muḥammad II, Shah of All Persia, in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1778
    His Imperial Majesty Wilhelm II, German Emperor and King of Prussia, in KeldoniaSkylar's A Question of Power
    [18:32:01] <etranger01> At best I can hope for Lesser Satan status
    [21:25:41] <Frymon-[Mailbox]> Obama's policy abroad is like sitting in a corner eating glue
    [21:03:21] <RedNomNoms> Johnson is indeed good at Johnsoning

The Republic of Man, an alternate U.S. where Jefferson and Paine's ideas held more sway early on.
    When a People who have invested for generations in a nation are betrayed and alienated from democracy by purges and terror that overwhelm and subvert that democracy, they have no choice but to exercise the rights of a sovereign people to distinguish themselves and separate themselves from their oppressors and to create, democratically, a new government representative of their interests. It is in the spirit of the revolutions of the previous century that we fight, not for domination, but for Independence.
    Dio Guerrero from Arica (b. 1836), Communist, democrat, Resistance fighter in ThunderHawk's "Shadow of the Andes" AAR

Liberal philosopher and Nantucket native Prof. Simon Firefly in BBB's "The Presidents" Interactive AAR

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them. - William Jennings Bryan (1896)

500k club

"Guerrero, it is generally regarded that 'to create democratically' is not a synonym for 'to overthrow bloodily'. If you wanted to achieve your aims democratically, you would wait until the election."

Severiano Miramontes

"Let me start by pointing out the obvious flaws in having the church care for the poor. Obvious discrimination against those not of their own faith. Whatever you claim, the reality is those who do not accept your faith will be of secondary attention to you. Secondly, the church will, as it has always done, use this drive as a means of furthering its influence and power. Giving political power to religious factions, always does such."

"Now, the Red Guard, The Revolutionary Democratic Front, were not created as a militia for the defense of the Third Republic. They were created as as a force of the people. The people as whole may not support the motives of those rebelling, but the men rebelling have every such right to. You've stripped them of their jobs, of their dignity. Having them starve because of political beliefs. You have treated the poor as second class citizens, subject to the will of men like Crazzio, having his industry triumph over meals for the starving. Is it not your own bible, that says love every man? I rise, because you have failed to fix these problems, and have no real intention to. I rise, because these men damned well deserve it of me. I rise, because the people deserve better."

-Comrade Armando Renin
    Last edited by Red Cesar; 15-02-2012 at 21:54.

"Ah, so every soldier thrown out of the army will be taken back and Renin will continue to lead his army as a soldier of Chile, until an election takes place. Is that what you are saying? Rivera overthrew democracy and trampled the constitution of this country when he used executive powers to attack political rivals who had done nothing but defend their country and his administration again and again! We have been betrayed, and popular action has always been the response of free men to tyrants who abuse their power unconstitutionally! We fight you in the spirit of the Republicanos against Cesar!"

"Tyrants, beware and behold: Look to the People! The People's Flag is burning red!"

Last edited by Rogov; 15-02-2012 at 22:08.

+ Reply to Thread