• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honorable Members of the Congreso,

We must now begin to go about our business with actual bills that will change and improve the lives of Chileans. Menial fancies such as the Mapuche citizenship question should be by and large passed in a vanilla form that requires no international involvement and only limited Government action.

Now, however, I would propose this to undo the Radical damage of years past:

The National Industry Encouragement Act

-lower taxes for every strata by 5% in order to
a.) Increase buying power
b.) Increase factory demand
c.) Solidify support for the Government

-an import tariff increase of 5% in order to
a.) Ensure that our domestic economy reaps the benefits of lower taxes
b.) Develop our own industry further

Dutifully yours,

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

Last edited:
It's a shame that those benefits to the middle class, the drivers of this economy, are lost when you raise tariffs on goods they buy, effectively keeping their (and the poor's) buying power the same.

I would also like to make it known that I will make legislation on how I believe the land distribution issue be handled under this current administration.

It's a shame that those benefits to the middle class, the drivers of this economy, are lost when you raise tariffs on goods they buy, effectively keeping their (and the poor's) buying power the same.

The shame is that I did not have the good sense to write import tariff. My apologies, I will edit my submission to the Congreso.

Last edited:
Senor, My bill does not spend any tax money to compensate the landowners. It stipulates that those who now occupy the land compensate those whose land was taken. I have stated my objection to making the taxpayers pay for this compensation. I am however open to amendments to the bill from members of the Congresso.

Pedro Rivera

The fact is, those who now occupy the land cannot afford to pay.

Land Compensation Act: No (in it's current form, the poor farmers can't afford it)
Crazzio's Act: No
Mapuche Act: Yes

((Double post for some reason))

I vote yes on the National Industry Encouragement Act.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I await the speaker's announcement of voting time for the bills."

David Bevan, with a definite absence of (())

"I accept my appointment as Minister of the Interior. However, I have one question - why is our second-largest army commanded by a Captain? Either replace him, or promote him."

Severiano Miramontes

I must agree with Senor Miramontes. I would also like to state that I am joining the Patriotas.

~Ernesto F. Fuentes

"I accept my appointment as Minister of the Interior. However, I have one question - why is our second-largest army commanded by a Captain? Either replace him, or promote him."

Severiano Miramontes

I think I have just been promoted Minister. I would like to thank both the President and the Chief of Staff for their trust me in me and will repay that trust.

General Rios

Yay! to the National Industry Encouragement Act
Yay! to the Land Compensation Act
Yay! to the Natives Act
Yay! to my act!

These are what I would vote for if the voting started now! It has not started though.

I am glad that there are others in the Congreso who see the need for a strong economy and limited government. Chile needs more men like you, Escovedo.

Last edited:
It is great the rebellion was defeated, and now we can move on. Another victory for the 3rd Republic.

Now that the election drama is over, I shall return to my Corps, and try next election cycle for a generalship position.

Colonel- De Porto.

Great to see you mi amigo, Senor Fernandez! Of course I will be open to suggestions regarding the my bill. I hoped to inspire a thoughtful dialectic with it but so far all I got was scorn from the far right! I have heard things about a new "Christian Liberal Party" you are starting? Maybe your friends in the church could take a look at this bill and see what they like about it.

Sr. Curiñancu, please understand that I am trying to work with your people, not against them. I greatly admire your people's many contributions to civilization and I hold in high esteem the many influential men your people descend from. Let us bury the hatchet, smoke the peace pipe, and call it a day shall we? Remember that your people have a friend in CSC.

---Caitan Crazzio---

I would gladly ask the Lower House for permission. This idea of a Christian Democrat party will make ends meet by oncluding political outcasts like the last enclave of liberals with those who want to defend christian values in politics.

I vote NO on the Industry Encouragement Act. Tariffs will harm our common market

I would like to remind everyone that I prefer to be called "the archbishop" rather than Mr Fernandez. For unexplainable reasons, I sometimes believe that my name is Zepeda and skip letters adressed to me. My age is really catching up with me.

I would like to thank those of you in the Congreso who recognize the grand economic stipulations of my National Industry Encouragement Act; we must all recognize that a Chilean economy independent of foreign economies is pertinent to our continued success.

In answer to the venerable Archbishop, I would ask your grace to reconsider. An import tariff will do exactly the opposite of what you fear! We must stem our reliance upon the foreign markets, and by imposing an import tariff on goods from foreign countries we can do just that. Once we achieve economic independence and no longer need the imports, we can become an exporting giant! We will be self-reliant and the local economy will benefit the most.

With the Utmost Respect,

Senator Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

Tariffs create a fake system in a nation. It will give industry the belief it can make some things competitively when it in fact cannot. Chile should embrace free trade, and produce things we can produce effectively.

We really need to lower our tariffs. Remember we share a common market with all South America, and our industry is already the best in the region, we need not to destroy our treaties with unnessesary tariffs