• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Minister of the Interior - Rivera ((atomicsoda)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of the Treasury - Jose Mendoza ((Zzzz...)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of Foreign Affairs - David Bevan ((WelshDude))
Minister of Defence - General Miramontes ((Ivir Baggins)) - REPUBLIC
Minister of International Trade and Cooperation - Pablo Garcia ((viola)) - REPUBLIC

Army of Northern Chile ((18 brigades (12inf 6art)) - General Juarez ((LeeroyJenkins)) -- REVOLUTION
Army of Bolivia-Peru ((22 brigades (14inf 6art 2cav)) - Jesus Gonzales ((yourworstnightm))
Army of Southern Chile ((12 brigades (10inf 4art 2cav)) - Colonel Dio Guerrero ((Rogov)) - REPUBLIC
Army of Patagonia ((20 brigades (12inf 6art 2cav))) - General Sebastian Hidalgo ((MastahCheef117)) - REPUBLIC
Grand Army of the Republic ((24 brigades (16inf 8art))) - General Charles Maximilien ((Syriana))
Reserve Army ((14 brigades ( 9inf 3art 2cav )) - General Martin Schmidt ((lordvagrant))
Cavalry Reserve Army ((8 brigades (8cav ))) - Armando Renin ((Red Cesar))
Garrison of the Panama Canal ((4 brigades (3inf 1art))) - De Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93)) - REPUBLIC
Navy - Eduardo Alvarez ((Gloa)) - REPUBLIC

And you still can't make OOC statements. If you have a problem with this, you can take it up with me in PM but protesting the "no OOC statements" rule by making OOC statements is just going to get the thread locked again, so don't do it. 'Kay?

In the strongest of terms, I stand against the proposition of coup, and urge all logical individuals to join me! While this declaration is unsettling, and reveals to all the true colors of the communista dogs, it seems that even they have seen past the ruse of a "people's government" proposed by their colleague. Thus, with the overwhelming opposition to your shameful rebellion attempt, I would ask you, Mario Juarez, to rescind your baseless claims on the Chilean government. The people have shown their support for my friend and party colleague, Presidente Pedro Rivera. You shame yourself, humiliate your already embattled party and deny the true people of Chile their God-given right of choosing their destinies, their futures.

To return to the matters at hand in our fledgling government, I am truly proud to live in a country where many of our representatives recognize the voice of the people. The grace with which many of the FNT party members acknowledged the victory of Presidente Rivera has impressed and inspired me. I strongly urge all members of the Congreso Nacional to undo the damage of some of the more radical policies enacted during the last term, as it is your duty and the will of the Chilean people. After all, they voted for a Conservative government, and we should do our best to fulfill that vote's entailments.

Therefore, I urge the Congreso to unilaterally support our Presidente's Land Seizure Compensation Act. It is time that we all began to work for Chile, and not for ourselves!

Respectfully Submitted,

Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

In front of the Army of the North
My friend's and fellow Chileans, I could not ask for a better army, or better men to spend my last day's with. However you do not need to die for my belief's, you do not need to die for my battle my brother's. I made a stand for what I thought was right, a desperate last stand against the reactionary's, it has no doubt failed. Men will try to reason with me, to convert me to their cause. I shall not falter in my belief's and you shouldn't either. Which is why I am letting you go, you are all discharged from the army. You may rejoin or even fight with alongside the men who want me dead. However if you believe in freedom, in equality. Then you may stand by my side and I would gladly lead you into battle this one last time.
Comrades do not let the proletariat go quietly into the night, WHO'S WITH ME!
A volley of cheers went up from the crowd.

It is ironic to hear that the traitor wishes to "lead" the honorable men of Chile "into battle... one last time" when he has never lead them into battle before, nor commanding thie respect. His actions can only show that he will fight to the last and to death. Incumbent-President Gogolow and President-Elect Rivera should make it plain that any man who surrenders will be given amnesty, while any who do not will not receive quarter. It is a disgrace upon our Army's honor for our soldiers to be but mere pawns of radical-politicals, and we must make a final stance that rebellion under power hungry men can no longer be tolerated. The traitor Juarez should receive the same fate as those before him who have decided to fight against the people of Chile, and no decision by the field commanders should change that.

- Christiano Ferarri

We must stand strong against this man who would destroy Chile and enslave the common man! Should we allow this man to succeed, he will destroy everything men like Carrow and Romano fought and died for!

I am not so shocked to see such reaction against the 3rd Republic from the radical left. While it is a shame to see Chilean blood spilled for nothing, it is good that we can excise the traitors of the Chilean people from this beauteous host.

I also offer my congratulations to the new Presidente and Chief of Staff of the 3rd Republic! I offer myself as a non-partisan soldier, ready to staunchly defend the 3rd Republic until my death, as a humble potential candidate for leading one of Chile's great armies.

Let this new failure of a coup be a warning to all radicals. The 3rd Republic will not fall to Communists or Anarchists. The 3rd Republic will maintain stability against all oppressors. That is all.

-Colonel De Porto

"You are all quick to assault our party, and the left in general. But see here, as two Politburo members defend your republic. We are not usurping your republic, we are defending the people, from what we believe to be a misguided attempt at a revolution this man cannot call for. We have not proven to be your enemies, yet you make us out to be. Why is there so much hatred in your hearts?"

-Comrade Armando Renin

My rhetoric was aimed at radicals, not patriots such as yourself, honorable Mr. Renin. "Radical Left". "Falling to Communists and Anarchists", referred to the, undeniably larger sentiment for ending the 3rd Republic from those circles. You have said yourself you would see to a revolution if the people called for it, whatever that means.

This is besides the point. I do not criticize those who support the 3rd Republic, only radicals who look to overthrow it.

The Communistas are clearly misguided, Mr. Renin. Though you may see reason in not usurping the will of the Chilean people, this is nothing to pat yourself on the back for. Any true Chilean would see this as the clear choice. I despise the insinuation, however, that there is hatred in the hearts of those like me. My rhetoric is rightfully against your harmful policies, but I would defend to the death your right to voice your opinions peaceably. Sedition likened to that of the traitorous dog Mario Juarez, however, must be crushed. He has embarrassed your party, and you should look to him alone for the hatred.

In addressing Juarez himself, I say that you distance yourself from the Chilean people in such ways as I can not imagine. You attempt to glorify your struggle by leading troops who you claim to have as followers to their certain deaths. Unless you stand down, I personally know that I will never allow the radical left to gain any ground without a political fight. Unlike you, however, I am man enough to keep my fights in politics within the boundaries of our political system. If and when Republicanos lose, I would gladly usher in the new government, and I assure you that my level-headed party affiliates would do the same.

Now, I ask you one final time for the sake of the men that may or may not support you, and for the sake of your future in Chile: stand down completely in this doomed and frivolous "coup". If you do not, both will become casualties.

Regards,

Alejandro Ruiz de Escovedo

For the Republic!

"We have? Once again, you all seem to be using this as a blatant attempt to silence, and attack all Marxists, even those that have sided with the Republic..."

-Comrade Armando Renin

"Senor, I am not the leader of this party. Our party has no leader. We are not a dictatorship, and we do not control our members with a leash. We cannot stop any member from taking any action he sees fit, just like any other party."

-Comrade Armando Renin