• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am committed to keeping Brazil and Venezuela under our influence. Brazil will be the top priority foreign policy wise if I am elected.

Pedro Rivera

Then I'll be glad to support you, albeit unofficially until the clergy-politics thing is sorted out. I would love to serve in your cabinet, but I must keep my position until I am reassigned 5 or 6 years from now. I would like to emphazise the importance of keeping Brazil: no brazil, no income.

-Archbishop

Alright, we have now entered a runoff scenario. Renin and Hidalgo have been dropped from the race. Those who voted for them are now abstaining and can feel free to vote for one of the remaining candidates.

President:
Sérgio Gogołów ((Dyranum)): 4
Pedro Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 7

Army Chief of Staff:
Dio Guerrero ((Rogov)): 4
Christiano Ferarri ((King50000)): 5

Also, some points of clarification regarding the new rules for the thread.
No OOC statements whatsoever. - Sorry, but you can't make OOC comments at all. I'll allow two exceptions: 1) For the purposes of compiling the character list or thread-related graphics or lists. 2) When I specifically ask for some OOC information.

"Personal Attacks" means abusive insults. - I think generally your in-character behavior up to this point in the thread has been generally okay. No personal attacks means that you cannot directly insult another character. For example, calling another character a jackass is unacceptable. Saying that his economic policy will destroy Chile is fine. Also do not call for the deaths of other characters (unless they are agitators, plotting a coup, or on trial.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, polls close tomorrow morning. And down to two exceptions.

Last edited:
Ah, I thought Rivera had actually won a minor majority. If not, just as well, Rivera has a (slight) lead.

You should not need to ask anyone to clear their inbox. As users of the forums it is your duty to keep your inbox clean in case we (moderators/admins/employees) need to send you any thing. If their inbox is filled, please write on their profile page instead.

From the User agreement:
If a warning or infraction is sent by a Staff Member it will be sent by PM. It is your responsibility to ensure that your PM box is clear to receive such PMs. Ignorance of a warning is no excuse - you have a PM box, use it.

As this election has come down to a Left vs. Right split, I hereby strongly urge fellow adherents to Left ideologies - the members of the Communist Party of Chile - support the Federación Nacional de los Trabajadores (FNT) in this bid to win the Chilean Presidential Elections.

- Sérgio Gogołów

Last edited:
I wish to thank those who have voted for me and allowed me to reach the run-off portion of this electoral system. I will say as I have said before. I am a non-partisan member of the Congresso, with experience of leading troops and fighting in battle. These are the qualifications that I believe make me suitable for the position of CoS. I thank tose who are now voting for my in these run-offs, and ask for continued support, so that the army may take a breath from the politizing it has been subjected to for so many years and so many administrations now.

- Christiano Ferarri

I ask those that voted for me as Chief of Staff to instead vote for Senor Ferarri, if you have not done so already, who I now fully endorse.

I vote for Gogolow as president, we must keep the reactionary;s out of office, no matter what the cost.

CoS: Guerrero

President: Gogolow

The Presidential Election is now tied and the Chief of Staff race is still pretty close.

President:
Sérgio Gogołów ((Dyranum)): 7
Pedro Rivera ((atomicsoda)): 7

Army Chief of Staff:
Dio Guerrero ((Rogov)): 7
Christiano Ferarri ((King50000)): 8

Last edited:
I am glad to see that this Congreso has finally started to settle down. It is time to get back to politics for I have recently had a revelation that has changed slightly my political views. While I was travelling today from my villa to the Congreso in my covered carriage, (the way is not long enough to call for a train and I trust not those dirty automobiles) my carriage was stopped. I hadn't a clue what was going on outside and so I did not give it a second thought. Even when I heard my coachman yell I was not worried, for he was most likely just inciting the horses to move. Then came the loud bang of gunshots...

My heart skipped a beat. Surely this could not be highway robbery so close to Santiago?! I was reaching for my pistol (a single shot, silver with gold inlay) when, with a violent snap, the door of my carriage broke off and I found myself face to face with a snarling vagabond. This monster of a man must have stood over 7 feet tall and was as muscular as an ox. The barbarian grabbed me by the shirt (silk, golden in color, specially imported from the orient), forced me out of the carriage, and brought me to my knees. Another colossus grabbed my arms and bound them together. I had no time to think, no time to pray, no time to plead (not that I would have of course!).

The first man brought his dark visage down to mine while the other set alight my carriage. "Do you know who we are? Sr. Crazzio?" said the first man. "Do you know why we are here?"

"You vile jackals! I will bring you to justice in this life or the next!

"Ha!" yelled the second man. "That is exactly why we are here! We were hired to silence you and put an end to your shenanigans in the Congreso!"

"You ruffians! You scoundrels! Kill me if you wish, you cannot silence what I stand for!"

"Silence!" With a sickening crunch the first man's boot connected with my face. I crumpled to the ground with a grunt ((whimper)). As my world went dark, I was able to gasp, "Who are you...?"

"They call me El Lokia" said the first man.
...and I am Sr. Capiata" said the second.

"You... will.... pay......"

I stand before you today, Congreso, because of this experience. While I once thought that the far left should be silenced in any way possible, I now realize that democracy without freedom of speech is like a factory with no workers. I will from now on do my utmost to expound the merits of freedom of speech, for it is imperative that our society continue to uphold such basic human rights like the right to freedom of opinion and freedom of speech. Is that not, after all, what the Congreso is for? And should it not be excused if a few of us, who have over years of debating, have gained an affinity towards each other and therefore may get slightly off topic from time to time? Truly, this Congreso should try to foster such relationships, as they can only bring peace and stability to the political scene. Thank you for allowing me to speak, Congreso

----Caitan Crazzio---