• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would also like to announce my opposition to such a bill, Senor. This goes far beyond anti-communism; this borders on despotism!

"Senor Crazzio. You must understand, you, are not Chile. Voting against this bill, is not voting against the nation. You are not the courts, senate, and President. Asking for the dispelling of one militia, but the creation of another, is hypocrisy. Hypocrisy, is the plague of tyrants. I cannot stand by and watch as you disarm, and keep members of the RDF under watch, as common criminals. They are merely workers, peasants, who wish to safeguard their communities. This bill seems less of proper legislator, and more of a desperate bid to strangle the workers movement in its crib. To leave the worker vulnerable, without protection. To make him prey to all powerful tyrants and tycoons, as you are acting."

-Comrade Armando Renin

I once held you in high regard and thought of you as an honorable, albeit incredibly misguided, politician. Now, as the snake sheds its skin, I can see you for what you truly are, a rabble rouser, an anti-industrialist, and a hopelessly lost cause. I am proud to say that I built my company out of blood, sweat, and iron! You would make the masses believe that the 50,000 workers employed by CSS live and die by my whim. In truth, my company has nothing to do with politics. From now on I shall not permit anyone in the Congreso to prattle on about CSS unless it is with solemn reverence to my achievement.

Now, Sr. Renin, how can you honestly preach against me to the Congreso when it is you who wants an end to our nation's economic success? You and your cronies incite the common man to overthrow their benevolent employers but do you think about the ramifications? Would you unlawfully strip me of my monetary success and doll out my hard earned net worth to my already highly paid employees? Are you even familiar with the term macroeconomics (or would such 'confusing' words be cast out of your new utopian land)?

You have made a dangerous enemy Sr. Renin... I am but one man and am therefore not able to stand up to your combined party on my own but there will come a day when the tables are turned, then you must pray to Karl Marx that I bestow the same benevolence on you as I have my employees...

---Caitan Crazzio---

((He was born in 56. So he's around 40, I'd guess.))

"Senor, I am not a confrontational man. I do not seek arguments. But, I will not idly stand by while you boldly claim you are the benevolent, all powerful industrialist, and that the workers live by your grace, to my face. Your company was in fact built out of blood and sweat. Those of your workers. Economic success? For whom? The worker? No, for the bourgeois. Who have used their prosperity as a means of grabbing power and fighting amongst other bourgeois for the last few decades? You would claim me your enemy because I point out what your act would do to the common man? What this act is a sign of? What your claiming that voting against this act is voting against Chile, means? You claim yourself a benevolent ruler, yet you would get rid of every means the worker has to defend himself, to leave him vulnerable and in your clutches.

Yes, I would re-distribute your wealth to your workers, as I highly doubt they are as well paid and treated as you claim they are, especially after your presentation of this heinously oppressive bill. You attempt to assert your superiority over me by claiming we are unfamiliar with 'confusing words'? Another Blatantly obvious tell. You believe yourself superior to the workers, and you see them as pets, not as people. I do not become angry easily, and I believe you are the first individual I have actually come to truly argue with. Rest assured, threatening the worker will do you no good Mr. Crazzio. I can only hope your factory workers are as merciful as you claim to be."

-Comrade Armando Renin

Armando Renin for President

(do Chief of Staff candidates vote for themselves or not, I forget? Also, how new a character is Ferrari? I have a feeling my guy has been a general as long as him, so I can run on that )

((I see no reason why they would be able to, it wouldn't make much of a change in the votes. Ferarri is brand new as a character, only reached the rank of Major due to resigning after the massacre of a war against Argentina. My guy can run on the fact that he is not a part of any party ((so far ;))) and thus has true non-partisanship on his side.))

I thank you for your support Senor Crazzio, and the support many mebers of the Congresso has given to me thus far. My experience in the previous war against Argentina and my work as mayor of [insert name of city here] should make me a viable candidate for this position. If chosen, I will work to remove the politizing of the army that has been prevalent so far, and act as a non-partisan member of the administration, holding nothing against any man.

-Christiano Ferarri

Candidates can't vote for themselves in the general election, CoS or President.

I've updated the table of contents on the front page, for those who use it.

(( So, as this is a game and the plans are for the future and thus there's no point hiding it in entirely in PM's, I figure the best way to avoid the problem TH is having with the fascist party stuff is if we keep it as generic reactionary as possible, which the clerical characters and now Crassius and the exisitng Patriotas all seem good for, so I was thinking that when Guerrero's appeal wears out I'd bring in the son of Prince Jorges and we might have a grand pan-reactionary renaissance reviving the Patriotas in a few elections from now. So PM me if you are interested in organizing that kind of thing. It would prevent things getting ugly with the reactionary party, to have clericalists and monarchists and just make it a nice archetypal reactionary thing without heavy baggage from suspect stuff; and it would actually be large enough to be competitive in elections that way. ))

(( Bring the son, and heir, of prince Roseno back to Chile. This time, he will be much praised. A constitutional monarchy might be what we can fight for, maybe for spicing things up. We're getting priests, military men, tycoons and now the nobility. Those reds don't stand a chance!))

(( Cool your jets, it'll be a few elections from now, and by then I'm pretty sure Renin and Guerrero will be running this joint and Guerrero can be retired in a suitable way. But after revolution must inevitably come counterrevolution! ))

The Crazzio bill is horrendous. I'm worried about the militias, but that bill is not really geared towards solving the militia problem, just insulting the Communists. It says nothing about the small far right or liberal militias that have been dormant lately, but could always rise again to threaten our nation, instead it is solely attacking the Communist militias, and even worse, suggest the formation of a new militia. This bill is nonsense. If Crazzio want a church militia he can unfortunately just form one. But what we really need is a real piece of legislation that solves the militia problem, not this crap.

President: Gogolów

((Is this 18881 or 91?))

Unfortunately mI am away on military manuevers at the moment and will not be back in time to vote. I do however have some opinions on what is happening here. Firstly, I would register my support for Presidente Gogolow. He has a steady hand and will continue to serve Chile well. On the matter of Chief of Staff I see little difference between Ferrari and Hidalgo. I would probably more support Hidalgo simply as he has more experience but wither will serve better than some of the previous members. I do have an issue though with the assertion that soldiers should be non partisan. Everyone in Chile has the right to vote and support a party. It should not ever affect their ability to lead their me but in forcing people to hide their beliefs i think is more dangerous. So therefore Whilew seeking a promotion I wm not ashamed or embarrassed to pledge my support to the FNT. I believe in their ideals, this does not make me unfit to serve or lead.

Captain Rios.