• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((You have awful coup luck. Everything needs planning, and calculation.))

((from what TH was saying, we would have won if Zepeda and Alvarez had not been such bad generals. We had way more men, just not led well. Not much you can do about that :( ))

Edit - 40 out of 58 brigades :)

((from what TH was saying, we would have won if Zepeda and Alvarez had not been such bad generals. We had way more men, just not led well. Not much you can do about that :( ))

Edit - 40 out of 58 brigades :)

((Seems fair enough, since the first Zepeda was an awesome general that single handedly defeated the Peru-Bolivian alliance. Anyways, I am sure it was because of the discovery of machineguns, and it's unfair that you blam it on the leadership. ))

(It was a travesty of bad luck. I do believe it had just as high a chance of success as The Dictator's, if not for poor general stats and the untimely invention of machine guns...)

(( Yes, but as things are going, we are probably going to have another one coming in the future decades, and it surely will look like the Spanish Civil War ))

((Still, you should have been prepared against this travesty of bad luck. Less armies, and more cronies. Thats how you pull a coup off.))

((harder to do that now as bigger army means you need more generals to prevent breaking supply limites. And Chief of Staff made it harder as he was not in on it))

(( Yes, but as things are going, we are probably going to have another one coming in the future decades, and it surely will look like the Spanish Civil War ))

((What are you talking about? Are you telling me there's going to be another ideology that will rise to contend with the leftists? A third road? What nonsense.....;)))

((Inbox clear, mi amigos))

(( Anyways, returning to what I previously said.. I can't see this situation ending any other way than a dictatorship. My bets were on the FNT-liberales coalition but since that no longer exists, I believe that either side will end up taking over. ))
((Well that is definitely a possibility, I think the republicans and FNT could join forces against the radicals on both sides.

((Well that is definitely a possibility, I think the republicans and FNT could join forces against the radicals on both sides.

((I don't think they are willing to compromise. The FNT all voted on no coalition and the republicanos are conservatives -they hate the FNT. The liberales were ambiguously left wing, in comparison to the republicanos and nacionales, and would have allowed such coalition. The republicanos, on the other hand, hate your guts.))

((I don't think they are willing to compromise. The FNT all voted on no coalition and the republicanos are conservatives -they hate the FNT. The liberales were ambiguously left wing, in comparison to the republicanos and nacionales, and would have allowed such coalition. The republicanos, on the other hand, hate your guts.))
((The FNT only voted this time becUse they believe Gogolow will win no sweat, however I think they are in for a rude awakening. The republicans are actually less conservative, in the modern sense, than the liberals who were rather fiscally libertarian. The Nacionales/Patriotas or whatever they are calling themselves now are indeed very right-wing. However they are pretty weak. So I believe next election at the latest we will see a coalition between the FNT and the Republicanos from stopping the radicals on both sides from taking power))

Don't insult or abuse each other, particularly OOC. If anything you say OOC could be construed as argumentative, don't say it.

Polls close tomorrow morning. We've only had one vote in the last twelve hours, so there haven't been any major shift in the primaries since my last post.

EDIT: And next primaries, I'm going to order a roll call for all parties. Don't let me forget to do that.

The 1891 Conventions​
The 1891 Primary Season had one of the lowest turnouts in Chilean history. While the lack of a liberal presence in the primary season might have been excused following the disastrous 4th Chilean Civil war, the apparent absence of voters manifested itself in the other parties as well. Nowhere was this more notable than in the Patriotas primary, where Severino Miramontes and his delegation arrived to find "that we were the only ones to have bothered to show up." The Comunista convention was even more straightforward for Armando Renin. While he and his colleagues from the Politburo and many of his supporters arrived at the convention hall in Santiago, his opponent, Osvaldo Tamiuszski, was nowhere to be found. Renin was nominated by a unanimous vote on the first ballot after more than a day of waiting for Tamiuszski, none of the delegates being willing to vote for a man not there. The papers blamed a series of late-year severe spring rains for the low turnout, claiming that the muddy roads and constant downpours were keeping voters away.

Turnout was by far the highest in FNT primary, where Sérgio Gogołów continued his unopposed run in the FNT primary. The convention overwhelmingly nominated Gogołów and voted against any proposition of a coalition unanimously. The Comunistas similarly unanimously rejected the idea of any coalitions, spelling an early defeat for Presidential hopeful Mario Juarez, who had hoped to unite the two parties under his own banner. Juarez, due to his lack of support in the primaries, was unable to get on the ballot for the general election and was forced to withdraw from the race.

The same might have been true for the Patriotas, who with a record low of support seemed to hardly be afloat. Miramontes, looking around the almost empty convention, decided to extend an offer of coalition to the Republicanos, who were themselves locked in the only competitive primary of the season between Pedro Rivera and Francisco de Santa Rosa. After another tustle, the Republicanos agreed to the coalition offer and the two parties united their conventions to form the Patriotas Republicanos (Republican Patriot) ticket. Another deadlock was reached at the convention until, after several ballots, Republicano frontrunner Pedro Rivera was finally able to secure a slim lead over his opponents and become the nominee for the joint ballot.

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
I need platforms.

I can use your older ones if you like. As soon as I get your platforms, we can start voting on President and Army Chief of Staff.

The 1891 Candidates​

Anders_Zorn-Portr%C3%A4tt_av_Johan_Christoffer_Boklund.jpg

FNT-Liberales Candidate: Sérgio Gogołów ((Dyranum))

Anti-Military/Secularism/State Capitalism/Free Trade/Full Citizenship [2+2+0+1+2=7]

Dear people of Chile. I, Sérgio Gogołów, stand for peace, prosperity and cooperation. Chile has no need to fight wars, we are already the hegemon of South America. We must promote peace, not violence. However, that does not mean that I will leave us defenceless. We must have the capability to defend ourselves and our friends from foreign aggression. No further brigades will be raised unless deemed necessary (such as in the case of rampant unemployment for those looking to become professional soldiers), but the Military's pay and current forces will remain as is. The excess amount of money spent on raising more military forces will instead be spent on the economy. While Chile has experienced an economic boom in the recent years, it is possible that it might falter without at least a modest amount of government support. Furthermore, we can not allow foreign competition to drive our own native industries out of business and thereby also create mass unemployment.

To me, employment is very important. If I assume the presidency, I will do my utmost to ensure that all Chileans have a job. I know, it is a monumental task, but hear me out: the journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. If we never start this task due to beliefs that it is not possible to complete, then we will never succeed.
110px-General_Manuel_Baquedano.jpg

Patriotas-Republicanos Candidate: Pedro Rivera ((atomicsoda))
Pro Military/Moralism/Interventionism/Free Trade/Limited Citizenship [1+0+1+1+1=4]

I seek to provide Chile with Prosperity, Stability and Security. The Republicanos stand for progress while maintaining tradition and stability. We are the only party in this election that stands for the free market. The FNT and Comunistas will destroy our economy and bring radical change to our great nation. I urge all of those who support free markets and a capitalist economy to vote Republicano. I have been a part of the government that has brought great prosperity and wealth to Chile and I will continue that economic progress if you elect me.

Interventionism I support maintaining our free economy that has brought us great prosperity. I do however wish for the government to be able to cushion the harsh blows of the market due to sudden changes in the economy. I support helping the workers and business who are struggling temporarily through no fault of their own. I also wish to encourage and subsidize a domestic arms industry.

Pro-Military We must maintain a strong military capable of defending the nation. I will expand the navy and invest in modern equipment for all our forces.

Free Trade Open trade has been good for our economy and industry.

Limited Citizenship I support immigration to Chile. Immigrants have been a very important part of our nations growth. I believe all immigrants should assimilate to our Chilean culture before they become full citizens.

Moralism We must maintain the traditional role the church has played in our nation and culture. It is an institution of great stability in these uncertain and turbulent times.

Workplace Reforms I support introducing minimum safety standards in all workplaces and encourage the upper house to support this reform.

a24d49e469b0ba07fe2d7fd726440931_0.jpg

Comunista Candidate: Armando Renin ((Red Cesar))

Pro Military/Atheism/Planned Economy/Protectionism/Full Citizenship [1+3+3+0+2=9]

"The people of Chile need true freedom, their shackles to be broken. I propose the complete take over of factories, by the workers that currently occupy them. The factories profits would be evenly divided among the workers, while a small token would be taken for the new government, which in turn would create more factories as well as increase the amount of consumer goods provided to each family.

I propose the complete re-distribution of land, from land owners to peasants, and the outlawing of the practice of "owning" land. Land is not meant to be owned by individuals, but by the people as a whole. Several incredibly large farms would be collectivized, as a way to feed individual families who are to far from urban centers and farms to acquire food themselves.

As well, with the elimination of land ownership, I propose that all housing in Chile be made free. Each individual who lives among our nation, deserves the right to a solid and stable home. Food would be made free, healthcare, as well as all services. Money would gradually be eliminated over a period of time.

I support the complete elimination of the Church's influence on politics, as well as the complete end of government funding to the Church. For too long the Church has used its influence to oppress peasants, natives, and workers. Only through the curtailing of their influence can Chile be guaranteed the freedom it so deserves. I as would put in place policies to eliminate the hatred and discrimination of individuals based on race, or nationality. Chile should be open to all individuals seeking equal opportunity, regardless of their origin or skin color.

I support the elimination of Chilean dependency on foreign powers, and would make sure that no foreign power would be meddling in the affairs of our nation, with the goal of their own governments welfare and well being. We will not be subject to Imperialism, as the European monarchs have subjected us to in the past.

I support the compete abolition of appointed ranks among the armed forces. Only the soldiers serving know who is fit to lead among them, and they are the ones who should choose! I would establish soldier committees, to properly ensure that ranks are bestowed among those deemed most fit to lead. Comittes would then be formed among those officers, to choose their superiors, and so on.

I support complete aid to people wishing to throw off the shackles of Imperialism, and oppression. We must make it one of our top priorities, to not only end oppression and imperialism in Chile, but everywhere that individuals are oppressed. If a people are under the subjugation and torment of their government, and attempt to break free, it would be our duty to aid them. Whenever the opportunity arises, oppression and imperialism should be tackled head on, and torn down before it has the chance to strike back!

My comrades, my goal is clear and simple, and I do not hide it. I will let it be known to every fellow Marxist, every liberal, every reactionary. I intend to establish a Worker's Paradise...a true dictatorship of the proletarian."

Army Chief of Staff Candidates:
Dio Guerrero ((Rogov))
Sebastian Hidalgo ((MastahCheef117))
Christiano Ferarri ((King50000))

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
Tttrrriiippplle post! Since you're all exactly the same candidates as the last race, I've used your old pictures and platforms, updated. You should probably write new ones.

VOTE! I need your vote for Gogołów, Rivera, or Renin. If you vote by party, I will pair your vote to the corresponding ticket.
You also need to vote for the Army Chief of Staff.

As always, remember to bold your votes or they might not be counted.

If you're a candidate and you want to change your platform or picture from the above, just let me know.

A sample ballot would look like:
President: Gogołów/Rivera/Renin
Army Chief of Staff: Guerrero/Hidalgo/Ferarri

This poll will end at 10:00 AM PST on the 9th (two days) or if 25 votes are reached before that.

Last edited:
((Huh, quite an interesting situation if we get the same vote numbers as in the Conventions.))