• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Women's Suffrage: Yes

I see no reason not to the extend the franchise to women, under the same conditions as men.

- General Charles Maximilien, Prince de Conti

Edit: Can't vote, disenfranchised

Last edited:
((Sorry. I will change my vote))

((Frankly, all, I wasn't really expecting you all to vote against woman's suffrage. I was hoping for something interesting - new policies or bill proposals or something.))

((Frankly, all, I wasn't really expecting you all to vote against woman's suffrage. I was hoping for something interesting - new policies or bill proposals or something.))

Say what you want people about Andonie, he made it interesting and generated debate :) still contemplating if I should do another character.

(Yes, rudders, you should)

"You see", he told Mrs. Aragon, "I am actually not a member of the Revolution."

"I dont understand"

"I have no clue where your husband is, but I expect his time will pass shortly," his eyes take on a steely look.

"the... then who are you? Why did you want to know where my family was?"

"That is not your concern. I must thank you once again for the information, it has put my heart at ease".

He nods to his companions and takes out his pistol. The son's hand jumps towards his hip. The companions begin to fire once, twice, thrice.

He exists the house and calls his crew together. "We must make haste to Antofogasta."

((some RP stuff to make things less boring :p))

As a further step to give social justice to the working class, I propose a draft to the abolishment of "haciendas", these are lands and lives working on these lands under held by the remaining aristocrats, while many Spanish aristocrats fled during the fight for Chile's independence, there are several left behind and many were replaced by Chilean aristocrats. These estates are nothing more than relics of the old oppressive Spanish rule. We must liberate the peasants from serfdom!

Agrarian Land Redistribution Act
1.) An estate will be distributed equally to each family working within the estate, except for the hacienderos.
2.) The manor(s) of every estate will be confiscated, dismantle and have the scraps and parts sold.
3.) The farmers will be subsidise until the next harvest.

- Jose Mendoza. Minister of Treasury.

I propose the following for the purpose of establishing a peaceful constitutional republic where politics are not decided by armed militias and violent rebellion.

Internal Security and Militia Act

1. All armed militias in Chile are declared illegal. No para-military or militia units are permitted to organize and form in Chile unless authorized and controlled by the Chilean government.

2. It shall be illegal to call for, plot or in any way endorse the overthrow of the Republic.

3. A Department of Internal Security ('DIS") shall be established under the Interior Ministry.

4. The DIS shall be responsible for enforcing Sections 1 and 2 of this act. The Interior Ministry shall have the authority to assign to the DIS addition lawful responsibilities at its discretion.

Pedro Rivera - Minster of the Interior

I also come out in strong opposition to Land Redistribution Act which seeks to seize lands and businesses from its rightful owners.

Last edited:
((some RP stuff to make things less boring :p))

As a further step to give social justice to the working class, I propose a draft to the abolishment of "haciendas", these are lands and lives working on these lands under held by the remaining aristocrats, while many Spanish aristocrats fled during the fight for Chile's independence, there are several left behind and many were replaced by Chilean aristocrats. These estates are nothing more than relics of the old oppressive Spanish rule. We must liberate the peasants from serfdom!

Agrarian Land Redistribution Act
1.) An estate will be distributed equally to each family working within the estate, except for the hacienderos.
2.) The manor(s) of every estate will be confiscated, dismantle and have the scraps and parts sold.
3.) The farmers will be subsidise until the next harvest.

- Jose Mendoza. Minister of Treasury.

"This bill is outragous and not to mention highly illigal. The Chilean Constitution protects each individual's right of owning private property, and this bill is a violation of private property. The workers are nolonger forced to work there, but the lands that they work at, are private property and owned already. If they wish to work there then they are allowed to do so, and if they do not wish to work there then they can find work somewhere else. If you wish to do something usefull for the farmers for once, then I urge the government to hand out government owned lands, and lend money to the farmers at a low interesst rate and subside them until their first harvest.

1) Government owned arable land will be set for sale for a farmer.
2) We will provide a loan for the farmers at an interesstrate of mere 5% so that they can buy the farmland from us.
3) They will be subsided until their first harvest.

- Romano

Senor Menoza, that exact law was passed during the Badajoz administration

Internal Security and Militia Act: This bill is dangerous not to mention rather authortarian, seems like something we would see in Roseno's empire not a free republic.
Agrarian Land Distribution Act: I will Abstain, I like the premise but it is a bit to extreme comrade.

Women's Suffrage: Yes, all people regardless of gender or race should have the same rights.
Now my comrades I would like to propose
The Proggresive Tax Act of 88'
This nation's capitalist system has allowed some to grow fat and wealthy and other's to squander in poverty. This is in party due to our regressive tax system. I propose that the upper class be taxed 50% higher than the middle class who in turn should be taxed 25% more than the lower class. This will allow more lower class families to make end's meet and ensure a more fair and just society.
General Mario Juarez, Army of Northern Chile
((Wow I guess I wasn't the only one to have planned making a law))