• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Agreed. Anyone think Rudders will be elected to anything ever again?))

((so you are saying I should just quit? Did anyone say that to red Caesar? Cheers guys.))

Edit- or zagaroth or Zepeda or cortez who all couped. Bit unfair.

((Well, Gloa is offline again. *sigh*, these CoS negotiations are going to take far longer than I thought.))

((Agreed. Anyone think Rudders will be elected to anything ever again?))
((That's not entirely fair we have allowed all the other coupist's to continue with the game, if he tries this shit twice then we can talk ;) ))

((Well, Gloa is offline again. *sigh*, these CoS negotiations are going to take far longer than I thought.))
((Nah, the forum is just really really hasty in logging me off if I'm composing a long reply to some thread [or if I'm browsing the forums, or if I'm signing in*...], and I just re-sign in every time when the reply is fully composed

*Seriously, signing me off during the process of signing me in is a bit trigger happy on the part of the forum log-off-if-they're-not-responding tech.))

((Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to- wait a minute. Wrong manuscript! Right, now...Got approval from CoS so...))

Minister of the Interior - Rivera ((atomicsoda))
Minister of the Treasury - Jose Mendoza ((Zzzz...))
Minister of Foreign Affairs - David Bevan ((WelshDude))
Minister of Defence - General Miramontes ((Ivir Baggins)) - ((renamed from "Minister of War" to emphasise its new focus and direction.))
Minister of International Trade and Cooperation - Pablo Garcia ((viola)) - ((Combines the responsibilities of the old Employment ministry with trade stuff, like tariffs.))

Army of Northern Chile ((18 brigades (12inf 6art)) - General Juarez ((LeeroyJenkins))
Army of Bolivia-Peru ((22 brigades (14inf 6art 2cav)) - Jesus Gonzales ((yourworstnightm))
Army of Southern Chile ((12 brigades (10inf 4art 2cav)) - Colonel Dio Guerrero ((Rogov))
Army of Patagonia ((20 brigades (12inf 6art 2cav))) - General Sebastian Hidalgo ((MastahCheef117))
Grand Army of the Republic ((24 brigades (16inf 8art))) - General Charles Maximilien ((Syriana))
Reserve Army ((14 brigades ( 9inf 3art 2cav )) - General Martin Schmidt ((lordvagrant))
Cavalry Reserve Army ((8 brigades (8cav ))) - Armando Renin ((Red Cesar))
Garrison of the Panama Canal ((4 brigades (3inf 1art))) - De Santa Rosa ((Riccardo93))
Navy - Eduardo Alvarez
Navy Marine Force ((4 brigades (3inf 1art)))

Capital Guard ((16 brigades (11inf 5art)))

Total: 142 brigades

((Note: when supply situation allows, 2inf and 2art will be added to the Capital Stack))

People of Chile!
Today, we stand at the dawning of a new age. An age of progress, of peace and prosperity.
The unconstitutional and violent attempted takeover of the Republic has been thwarted. Though many died during this bloody civil war, we can not linger in the past. Instead, we must look forward, to the future, which I place my hope on will be bright. During my Presidency, Chile shall not involve itself in any wars, except when absolutely necessary to defend against imperialist encroachment on our South American comrades. The shattered Chilean military shall be rebuilt to its former strength as a force capable of defending Chile.
While I am not Pro-military, I recognise that the military is a vital instrument for the defence of Chile. However, it should not be misused for aggressive and imperialistic endeavours.
My Presidency shall be focused on the economy and will endeavour to provide work for every Chilean.
Additionally, encouragement shall be given to expand the industrial sector.

- FNT Chairman and President of Chile Sérgio Gogołów

((I would do social reform too if it weren't for those Upper Housers!))

I cannot speak on behalf of my party, but I for one sir will not forget this kindness and boon to the working men of Chile to show you have not forgotten them.
General Mario Juarez Army of the North

I heartily concur. This ushers in a new era of FNT-Communista relations and transpartisanship in general. This favor will be remembered and the faith in us it represents will not be broken, in good times or bad for the Party.
- Gen. Dio Guerrero, Army of Southern Chile

((have to laugh that the anti military candidate has more than doubled the size of the army that was under me. Hate to see what that does to the budget :) ))

Edit. Actually almost trebled the army :)

((have to laugh that the anti military candidate has more than doubled the size of the army that was under me. Hate to see what that does to the budget :) ))

((Well, if the budget can't take it, then we just won't recruit all of that. Just part of it. And it is for defensive purposes, not offensive. :D
(Besides, I had no idea what the size was under you, so I just tore it all up and built it up from the ground up)
Another thing: the 58 brigades was what was left after the CW. So I'd say about 1.5 it.))

(( We are the Upper House. The Lower House are the NPC's. And as far as I know, besides waiting for the rising militancy to alter the ideology of the representatives in the Upper House, given that we have a very democratic society in Chile and already have the most social reform-demanding militancy inducing political reforms like all trade unions allowed, that besides waiting the most expedient way to change the composition of the lower house is in a coup.

See, this is what the Directory plotters didn't tell you about and maybe didn't know about, but even besides one's own initial demands for reform changes when one stages a coup, once the coup is finished and the new gov is in place, you are stuck with the lower house that is closest to your ideology. So, when Cesar didn't go more democratic with the Empire in the initial phase when he could have set whatever he wanted, it made it impossible to pass political reforms later the normal non-coup way as we had installed all these imperial croney NPC's during our revolution that were all hardline reactionary, blocking all reforms.

So, the directorate coup would have installed an anarcho-liberal lower house that would have prevented social reforms from getting through even if the regular house pre-coup had allowed them. ))

((Well, if the budget can't take it, then we just won't recruit all of that. Just part of it. And it is for defensive purposes, not offensive. :D
(Besides, I had no idea what the size was under you, so I just tore it all up and built it up from the ground up)
Another thing: the 58 brigades was what was left after the CW. So I'd say about 1.5 it.))

Nope I only had around 55 brigades unless TH raised more . Trust me I knew exactly how many there were :) better make sure you specify to TH that you don't want to go into debt raising them or supporting them. Anyway will stop there. Keep forgetting I am not president anymore :)

I wholeheartedly accept my position as Commander of the Army of Patagonia and my responsibilities as a defender of Chile and her people.

I wish peace and security during President Gogolow's term, as I do for any term.

- Gen. Sabastian Hidalgo

I offer my utmost gratitude to the President for retaining me in the service of Chile. I shall lead the Grand Army of the Republic to the best of my ability.

- General Charles Maximilien, Prince de Conti

Thank for this position, which I humbly accept. I will defend the Panama Canal under any circumstances, though I hope that under your administration that any conflicts will be averted.

I shall set sail to the Canal Zone immediately.

((What will my traits be exactly, becasue I don't think my character can be called amateurish anymore... just a thought

Also, good mix of commanders and ministers; probably the most diverse since my administration. Hopefully this will give Chile 4-9 years of peace... I doubt it, but maybe :rolleyes:))